Would the movie Notorious have been better without Sean Combs' involvement?

Obviously I'm not talking about him being in the film, but Puff serving as executive producer? I know it's a given that any film that has VolettaWallace's involvement about BIG is going to have Puff on board in some capacity. However, the film really portrayed him in a humble light, and IMO reallyskirted around his alleged dealings in the whole Pac NYC shooting. Puff came out of the film looking a little too good. I would be curious to see how thefilm would have turned out had he not been on board.

Other random thoughts:

*The casting: Could they have found some more people who DIDN'T look like who they were supposed to portray? I mean, come on....Puff looking like CarlThomas, Pac looking like a broke #@% Dave Chappelle, Suge Knight looking like an ol' Madea in the face type dude, and that big toothed kid that playedCease? That's the best that they could have done?

*Anyone else feel like the film was EXTREMELY rushed? Imagine if this movie was made on that "Ray" type of steez?
eek.gif
I'm talking about EPIC. This had a BET movie of the week type of feel...

*Why did Voletta Wallace's (Angela Bassett) Jamaican accent kick in for the last 15 minutes of the movie?

*Lil Kim having no clothes on the whole movie
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

*Don't flame me...but on my feeling about Puff not being involved....I know this would be extremely disrespectful and would have never happened, but whatwould have happened if Voletta Wallace wasn't involved in the movie from a production standpoint? I mean, do you feel as a BIG fan/movie watcher that yougot a good portrayal of BIG?

*I dunno...I loved the music, but I kinda felt cheated after watching this movie....it could have been WAY better....I hope someone else takes a crack at it ina few years.

with all due respect to B.I.G. This movie was terrible and I couldn't even bare to watch.

Movie was definitely biased and didn't tell all sides of the story. Regardless, it was entertaining and Gravy did a hell of a job playing Frank White. Theygot Craig Mack on point though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Trav T

My theory is that everything is better without Sean Combs' involvement.

Additionally, it was the little sinister things he did behind the scenes and through his legal team that really got me mad. For instance: How in the world areyou going to charge a lady money just to use her own son's music in a film about his life?
sick.gif

besides being a decent producer. [ decent is a strectch]

Puffy's major talent is signing unknown people to slave

contracts, then putting them on the back burner.

He's an official paper gangster.

From what I hear, Nas is gonna be the next rapper they make a movie based on
Dont quote me on this though

I think the film died of HYPE... they marketed it heavy and then, come on, its BIG so U kno every1 was rushing 2 C this (me included)

I'm waiting for the Sean Combs/Puffy/Puff Daddy/P Diddy/Diddy movie...Then again,you would probably have to wait until he was dead for the movie to be atleast 25% accurate...

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

I'm waiting for the Sean Combs/Puffy/Puff Daddy/P Diddy/Diddy movie...Then again,you would probably have to wait until he was dead for the movie to be at least 25% accurate...
Agreed. If it came out right now it would probably be "based on true events" and only about 10% true. Diddy would end up playinghimself on some "Benjamin Button" type of stuff. His make-up artists already have that year's Oscar all wrapped up.

Back
Top Bottom