Would WNBA Fantasy Basketball league help revive the league?

Hello everyone, 

I'm conducting a study to see who would play in a fantasy basketball league for the WNBA. ANYONE can take the survey, as long as you play fantasy sports or are a WNBA fan, or both. It will not take longer than 5 minutes. Appreciate it, thanks! 

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TWLYTRH

Also, if anyone would like to start up a conversation about the feasibility of starting a WNBA fantasy basketball league, that would be great.Would it work? What do you guys think? 

i would start watching if there was fantasy. the only reason i started watching MLB and NFL was mainly because of fantasy. now i keep up with both sports even when fantasy isnt involved

That's actually a good question. Does WNBA even promote fantasy for their league? I don't see anything on their home page. I would think there has to be a reason they don't promote it because it is free publicity and they know what fantasy sports have done for all sports. Why not try and get the female market playing fantasy WNBA even if it starts out small?

Completed your survey.

WNBA wouldn't really benefit from fantasy... you have to have an interest before you dip into fantasy sports. I don't think fantasy sports can LEAD to interest.

I'd prob mess with WNBA fantasy if they had it

I follow the women's NCAA tourney most years because it's entertaining, and I always have a few favorites from the college ranks who I wouldn't mind following in the WNBA.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for your feedback, much appreciated! If any of you still haven't taken the survey, please do! And thanks to those that already did. 

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TWLYTRH

I personally think the fantasy industry provides a huge business opportunity for the WNBA, not to market the sport of women's basketball, but market the addiction, the familiarity of fantasy gaming. WNBA needs to drive interest first, rather than drive attendance, making ancillary revenue from ad spots, website traffic, more broadcast coverage of games, entry fees, mobile app fees, the list goes on.

Keep the discussion going guys, this helps my research a lot! 

It wouldn't revive the WNBA because there's nothing to restore or bring back to life.  I think it would be good for the league though. Historically the maturation of pro sports leagues in this country has spanned across generations. The WNBA is still in its infancy, if it's going to survive as a niche sport in this country it needs to continue to draw the interest of hardcore fans one by one, something like fantasy leagues could help with that process. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom