Would you adopt a kid, and if so, would you consider one outside your race/ethnicity?

I'm in Evanston (a suburb of Chicago) alot and I see a lot of white couples with black or asian babies/kids.  

Yes, I would consider adopting a child, and yes, I would most likely adopt outside of my race. I would probably consider adopting a kid before I consider having my own anyways.

Most likely a hispanic or black kid. I'm Asian, don't want to adopt an Asian kid or a white kid (no racism), so I'd choose those two.

Not preferably. im pretty selfish and want to have kids of my own (from me).

if i did ethnicity/race would not matter.

Originally Posted by scshift

Yes, I would consider adopting a child, and yes, I would most likely adopt outside of my race. I would probably consider adopting a kid before I consider having my own anyways.

Most likely a hispanic or black kid. I'm Asian, don't want to adopt an Asian kid or a white kid (no racism), so I'd choose those two.

just curious but why black and hispanic and not asian tho
since you are asian 

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

since you are asian 

Well for one where I live there are a ton of Asians and Whites, so I see/interact/spend time with them much, much more than I do with Hispanics/Blacks, so I'd for sure like to adopt someone of another culture just because it would be different.

Second, I know it's a generalization, but a huge deal of Asians are successful and well off, I'd prefer to raise a Hispanic/Black and show them that they too can be successful. No one ever doubts that an Asian can make it in life, but people always seem to have a hard time thinking that Hispanics/Blacks can be just as well off, and I want to raise a child to be whoever he wants in life.

honestly no I wouldn't adopt a kid, but I respect the families that do. I just don't think I'm the right person to do it.

I'm black. I use to joke with my girl all the time bout adopting a chinese girl and naming her Mulan or something along those lines. I seriously would adopt and for some reason I think id more inclined toa adopt outside of my race. Alot of my friemds growing up did not fit the traditional roles for their race I hope to bring about more children similar to that.

I would not consider adopting a child, but if i hypothetically did the race would not matter

If later on down the road I want to start a fam and I find out I cant have kids, then yes I would probably adopt.

i have 2 kids of my own.. and i dont think i could adopt.. i just feel like the kid is not a part of me and i some how would not love the kid as much as my own... if i won the powerball i wouldnt mind paying for the adoption for families that cant have kids....

since you are asian 

Well for one where I live there are a ton of Asians and Whites, so I see/interact/spend time with them much, much more than I do with Hispanics/Blacks, so I'd for sure like to adopt someone of another culture just because it would be different.
How exactly would it be different? I assume you'll be adopting them at a young age and at that age, I doubt they know much of their culture, especially if the parents put them up for adoption.

Here's two different scenarios for me:

1) I would adopt a white kid since white people are always adopting black or African kids all the time.

or

2) I would adopt a black kid cause I get a feeling that black kids don't get adopted enough by black parents/couples.

No since I can remember and I'm 22 years old every time I went anywhere with my white grandmother we would get the CRAZIEST looks it was awkward and I know she noticed because she would say are you ok honey but I knew what the deal was

Originally Posted by ElCatfisho

honestly no I wouldn't adopt a kid, but I respect the families that do. I am not the right person to do it. Children are
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Supremacy

since you are asian 

How exactly would it be different? I assume you'll be adopting them at a young age and at that age, I doubt they know much of their culture, especially if the parents put them up for adoption.

No, I forgot to mention, I won't be adopting them at a young age. I'd be adopting a kid (if I did) when they were around late elementary school/early middle school.

I can't stand little children. If I was going to adopt a child at a young age, I might as well have my own.

Both of my parents are black, they adopted an asian kid when me and my sis moved away. Lil dude is 6 and thinks he's black. Whenever he describes a black person he says, "ya they're the color of us."
laugh.gif

But yes I would adopt, if I knew the background of the kids parents. I got health problems that run in my fam, would rather not risk it being passed to a kid. As far as race, I'd get the same race as me and my wife. Might be hard finding a mixed baby
nerd.gif

i like white people's hair. i've always wanted to adopt a white girl and raise her black so i could do her hair.
i would adopt an asian or latino kid too or a mixed one if they had good hair.

I wouldn't mind adopting a toddler regardless of race. Adoption process is quite excruciating though.

this is actually a real possibility for me...I figure that if I haven't found a wifey by the age of 35 i'm gonna adopt a kid that I hopefully find some kind of bond with. I gotta pass all my knowledge onto someone.

Back
Top Bottom