would you buy a used high mileage M5???

if it was dirt cheap then yes but since its a BMW and with that many miles im guessing your gonna pay $30k
30t6p3b.gif

I'd definitely buy a used luxury car, they depreciate like crazy and the owners tend to take good care of them, but regardless I wouldn't get one with that many miles.

Why you tryna get it cheap? The maintenance is redic... 15 miles per gal on 93 octane, nothin else will be cheap for this car

nahhh, those things don't even feel fast. def isn't worth the dough your going to spend in gas, let alone maintenance.

Friend of mine just sold his 2006 M5 with 84,000 miles for 37k.

Loved the car, he's a huge Bimmer head. The reason why he sold it was exactly as mentioned gas and work needed on the car past the 100,000 mile mark if/when necessary. If anything I'd consider an E46 M3 if you want to stick with an M series.

I bought an 328i with 107k miles on it and since have spent over 5k on maintenance. had to replace the engine, ******, both front control arms, so random other stuff too. I think you might be better off since the one youre lookin at is about 5 years newer...just know that if something goes wrong its about 300 minimum to get it fixed. Most the time its around 500-700 tho

No. If you going the used bmw route get a CPO with the 2yr/100k miles. Trust famb this coming from a bmw owner.

yeah.. i was looking at infiniti m45 then seeing what it compares to... then i started looking at 550i then stumbled across this m5...

dont do it, you're looking at about 1k + a year for maintence on it, unless you got the money

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

absolutely not.

especially not a 2006 e60.

sorry man dont do it.

Exactly the first year of this generation had many issues esp with the SMG (manual transmission wasn't available on the E60 M5 until '07). 

I'd pass with the quickness.  How much are they selling it for?  

As others have said, the V10 has HORRIBLE gas mileage. 
sick.gif
  I've heard some say they get less than 100 miles to a tank if driven "aggressively". 

Yeah my boss has a regular 5 series 2004 and its just getting close to 100,000 and his %$%!* always going to the dealer. It gives you so many warnings when you start the car. If you cant deal with the maintenance then dont even bother. Its not a Honda that you can run into the ground and just swap the engine. Not saying thats what you would do.

even if it was free, i dont think i'd even be able to keep up with maintenance, gas, insurance
sick.gif
sick.gif

Do it. Unparalleled performance and comfort, but that's the trade off you get for maintenance.

if dude is coppin a whip like that he got some pocket change.
cop it and stunt on these boys with it 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom