Would you ever put your parents in a nursing home?

So I was doing a delivery today to a nursing home. As soon as I opened the door it smelled like piss and booty.
sick.gif
Anyways, I had to use the elevator to go the 2nd floor when the door opened up Isee two old ladies and an old man just there. I was wondering what the hell why are they on the elevator. Then one of the ladies start cracking up I mean
roll.gif
type of laughing say "HAHAHAHAHA, you didn't press the 2button. I just felt so bad. When I was walking back down the hallway I see another old lady sitting in a wheelchair and then two Haitian ladies come up andstart pushing the old lady keeps saying "Please, let me walk, it'll be much faster if I did." The two Haitians ladies just kept pushing her anddidn't say anything. It was sad.
frown.gif

After seeing that, I will never let my parents live in a ishhole like that. If my kids take me to a nursing home best believe you can give me the .45.

i used to deliver pizzas to nursing homes. ALL of em smell like piss
sick.gif

i wouldn't put my mom/dad thru that. i'd dish out the cash to get them a live-in nurse before i let them suffer like that.

Probably not, I know when I'm older I wouldn't want that to happen to me either. Anyway, when I was in high school I volunteered giving piano recitalsto a local nursing home place, and cotdamn, that place smelled like %%!+. What's worse is that I had to perform in a lobby, and a bathroom was like 10 feetaway and they were always shuffling in and out when I was performing so I had to sort of hold my nose and play at the same time. It was real hard toconcentrate.
laugh.gif

But on the main point, most of them looked miserable. There were a few that seemed to be somewhat happy, but I felt really bad for most of them there.

nope.

and i know what how it will be like already...my grandpa stayed with us for 4 years, and from those 4 years, he was very ill and kept getting worst...it cameto a point that he barely could walk, couldnt go to the bathroom, had to dress him, bathe him, and feed him...basically he was like a baby again.

i know its hard because my grandma and mom were the ones mostly helping him, that meant doing my mom had to take lunch off every other day so she can come homeand bathe him, while my grandma fed him and changed him, and sat him down..those were toughest years for my grandma and mom

Thats real love right there, and im def willing to do that for my folks

nope. i do clinicals at a nursing home and its sad. most of the CNA's dont care and the nurses usually got that "i'm busy, don't botherme" look, and all the places i been to smell like that except some are worse.

a small apartment in the neighbor hood or close by with a nurse is my plan I can vist when I want, she has privacy, and it smeels so much better

No. My mom raised me by herself, and I feel that if i put her in one it would be the most ungrateful thing I could do to her. And it's def something I willtell my future wife. Either you accept that fact that if something happens in the future where I would have to have her live with someone. You best believeshe's living with us no questions asked. Or well, I'll find someone who understands.

Originally Posted by Solemate96

So I was doing a delivery today to a nursing home. As soon as I opened the door it smelled like piss and booty.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom