Would you go see a Doctor at Walmart?

Will the medical field be seen as less glamourous if your job prospects are working at a Wal Mart?

• Total voters
Shorty gon be hype when you tell her your a Dr. But then when she asks which hospital, you not gon feel type fugazi saying Walmart?

(I mean job is a job. Pay and quality of care all the matters. But you gotta admit the **** just sounds crazy)

Reactions: wr
Ahh ok. I thought you guys might be referring to something a bit more in depth.

One question is, would a MD want to work at Walmart?

Having this on your resume could be career suicide if you eventually want to be an attending, chief, or interviewing to head a clinical trial.

Medical field became unglamorous when they started letting women get Botox, and booty shots, with Medicaid and whatnot......

Oh and when this dude was “practicing”......

55708506-0E8F-4CE0-9ED4-6ED6C8F6927F.jpeg

122.png

Question is: what doctor would want to work in a Walmart when they dont have to?
A GP that doesn't want to pay for malpractice insurance, health benefits for employees, spend over $100K/year just to keep their office open, or deal with the stress of being a hospitalist.

If Walmart plans on paying their docs the same way they pay their pharmacists, those docs will be flourishing.

What if its a shared clinic with multiple doctors?

In a pinch I absolutely would. They’re doctors not some random person who got promoted from door greeter. :lol:

That said, I try to avoid Walmart like the plague, so hitting up the local doc-in-a-box would be a more likely solution.

Not the same at all but reminds me of a similar topic, would you get your girl a ring from Walmart.

Stupid statement. The average salary of each specialty varies greatly.

Internists, pediatricians, family medicine MDs, and emergency medicine docs are all grossly underpaid IMO.
What’s stupid is that doctors are getting paid over 200,000 And screwing over the everyday people.

they have the power to make change in healthcare but they choose not too.
If u know anyone in the medical industry u know they are not getting underpaid

What’s stupid is that doctors are getting paid over 200,000 And screwing over the everyday people.

Again...zero distinction between practices. A plastic surgeon or an orthopedist can make over $500K/year, but a lot of the non procedure-driven specialties and general practice MDs earn way less.

Basically any doctor I've spoken to at my job says there's absolutely no financial incentive to be a general practitioner anymore. You'll probably make very low six figures, work about 80 hours a week between office hours, time in hospitals, nursing homes/rehabs/assisted living centers/etc., you get constant phone calls at all hours where you need to make important decisions and do them quickly, as well as a bunch of pointless phone calls interrupting your sleep all of the time. It's a big part of the reason why you're seeing more urgent care clinics and less private practices.

If you think the docs hold the power in their hands to completely reform our healthcare system you're beyond naive. You're even more naive if you think they're the ones responsible for "screwing" us over. Most of the doctors I deal with are disgusted with the penny-pinching administrators and insurance companies, but their hands are tied.

you have absolutely NO idea. NONE. it's a shame people from the outside looking in may see it this way. Comparison Ford hit it right on the head.

Back
Top Bottom