Would you like to appear on ESPN's 'It's the Shoes?'

Methodical Management

Staff member
Co-Founder
Recently, we were contacted by someone at ESPN regarding a new show about sneaker culture slated to air this summer. They're looking for sneaker fans to display their holy grails on camera for the world to see.

It sounds like an opportunity that many of you would likely be interested in and, having seen some of the shoes you're holding, I have no doubt that some of our fellow NikeTalk members will make the cut.

Below this line, you'll find the submission instructions as given to us by someone with the show.

ANY type of sneakers may be used in your entry - not just Air Jordans. In fact, since the submission process will be running through August, we'll be moving this post to our other shoe forums periodically.

Good luck everyone!

ESPN'S SNEAKER SERIES SUBMISSIONS

"Its The Shoes" is ESPNs summer series about sneakers and sneaker culture. Hosted by Bobbito Garcia, author of Whered You Get Those?, "Its the Shoes" combines athlete and celebrity profiles with journalistic sneaker features to cover every angle of the sneaker game.

Every episode will feature one viewer submission video. We want to see one to four pair of sneakers - the best of the best - the rarest of the rare - from the biggest sneakerheads out there. If you've got one rare pair, show us that pair. If you've got four rare gems, show us four. We do not want sneaker collections. We want to see the gems of your collection.

THE VIDEO

1) Looking straight into the camera, hold your sneakers and introduce yourself to Bobbito. ("Hey Bobbito, this is Joe from Atlanta and these are my original...)

2) Tell us about the sneakers. How did you get them? Why do you love them? Why are they so rare?

3) Shoot the sneaker by itself from several angles.

4) Repeat steps 1 & 2 from a different angle. (Continue looking forward and have the camera shoot you from the side.)

THE SUBMISSION

1) All videos must be shot on mini-DV

2) Entrants should include their return address, telephone number, and a brief written description of the tape being submitted.

3) All videos should be sent to:

It's the Shoes

Box 555

511 Avenue of the Americas

New York, NY 10011-8436

THE DETAILS

1) The producers reserve the right to edit and/or alter any submission.

2) All submitted tapes become the property of "It's the Shoes" and will not be returned.

3) Entrants whose clips are chosen for inclusion in a program must sign a release/license attesting to the fact that they are the rightful owners of the submitted clips and granting all requested permissions/licenses to use and air the clips. All persons appearing in the clips must sign consent forms and/or releases before the submission may be broadcast. Parent or guardian must sign consent/release form for minors.

I'd do it, if my camera worked... >D
grin.gif

"And Im a nike head, I wear chains that excite the feds"

Nas - Illmatic​

This is gonna be hot! I can't wait to see this show, I hope it stays on after the summer too...thanks for the info Meth.

The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind.

- Dr. Wayne Dyer

maybe i should submit my jordan commercial i did for class. i only have 4 pair of j's, i started buyin j's last summer and i dont really collect them as much as i wear them until they arent fashionable, then ball in them. my commercial is a take on the frozen moment commercial. i'd host it somewhere but its like 90 MB.

thas tight, i wish i culd do it but i dont got any rare heat, i wanna see jay do this :wow:
eek.gif
black/gold OG patent leather I's :wow:
eek.gif

[/b]​

Im really only looking foward to the celebrity sneaker profiles. I know Jordan himself doesnt like doing stuff like cribs and is trying to stay out of the spotlight. Jordans collection must be sicker than sick, god i hope espn can convince him. I also remember the roy jones jr. cribs and he had like every jordan ever made, it would be cool to see his in more detail.

and yeh i wish i had something worth sending away to espn for....
"SPREAD LOVE, ITS THE BROOKLYN WAY"

Interesting ... I might submit something. :D
happy.gif

"I use to hustle for Jordan kicks, now I do it for a brick ...." - Cormega

FINALLY!!! I have been wating for a shoe show!! Its is here!!! Cant wait to see it oh yea i will mos def be shoein of my grails!!! i have the perfect shoe in mind!!!! HOLLA@ CHA BOI!! :evil:
devil.gif
:evil:
devil.gif

Wow, this is gonna be dope. Make sure you shout out NT when you do the show, talkin to all the people with shoes of grail status. I wanna see what some people are holding back. Since submissions are going through August, maybe i'll get some grails by then. but the worldwide leader contacted NT, thats when you know you're getting up there in ranks of prestigous message boards.
Dear summer, I know you gon' miss me
For we been together like Nike Airs and crisp tees

Would you all get reimbursed for the money the make off you.....?
Looking for (all in size 15 unless otherwise stated):
VII (white/french blue), VIII Lows (white/chrome), X (Ice Blue), XI (Concords, Columbias), XIV (any mids really, but preferably white/carolina, white/black-oxidised green), XV (white/red lows or mocs) XVII lows (lightnings), XVII mids (white/red, or white/royal blue/black), XX Stealths, Air Zoom LeBron II Grey (Allstars)

Great idea . . . if i had grails lol
looking for any used jordan or DS jordan of VNDS jordan or the charles barkley 2 or the heinekens or the jedis sz. 8 or 8.5 get at me at aznkrazeez@yahoo.com or on aim at aznkrazeez

Best believe I'm going to enter....I have a few gems that I want to display...cant wait for the show....and its right in the hood....Its aNYthing....
AIM VIIx23
EMAIL jojohn1023@yahoo.com

Hit me up NIKETALK

Back
Top Bottom