laugh.gif
and the nuggets still wouldnt take that
laugh.gif
Maybe Cuban would add JJ Barea too
laugh.gif

Marion is indeed the Matrix so maybe he knows something we don't 
nerd.gif
Get the *@+% out.

Marion is a fool.  He is a solid player, but not on Melo's level...

"come on mannnnnn"

there's less pressure on marion to win a chip than melo, so it's easier for him to take shots like that.

Originally Posted by gregbutler20

Shawn Marion has been irrelevent for a quite a while now.
This. Take a player away from a running team and their true stats show.

In the month of March, Marion is averaging 15.6 ppg and .568 field goal %.

His roll is alot different with Dallas then it was with Phoenix. He still put up 14 ppg the year he was in Toronto. Yes, his stats have declined, but for those who watch the Mavs know what he brings to the team.

As far as him being an All-Star over Melo, he is trippin.

Shawn Marion's BEEN weak ever since Lamar sonned him in the playoffs with a injured leg.

On a side note, if anybody can lock up Melo, it's Shawn Marion
pimp.gif
. I wanna see a Denver and Dallas matchup now.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

I'd trade Caron Butler AND Shawn Marion for Carmelo Anthony
Co-sign. 

Marion not the brightest dude out there.  Hope Melo and him meet in the playoffs, would be an awesome matchup. 

"But that's not even what it boils down to. Right now, I'm at the point of my career when I want to win a championship."

That's what matters.
pimp.gif

Really though? Melo is that dude.

BUT. Marion has put the CLAMPS on him in the two games he's played against Melo.

5/19.
3/16.

If he keeps putting the clamps on Carmelo, he can yap all he wants.

Marion acting like Melo never dropped 40 on him before. The other night it was a team effort on dallas part plus just bad shooting from melo he stayed getting double teamed and chauncey was 3 for 14 on top of Melo's 3 for 16

I really don't see the "shots" he took at Carmelo. In fact, Carmelo was the one who took the shots

Anthony didn't agree that Marion made a major impact in the Mavs' 109-93 victory over the Denver Nuggetsat American Airlines Center. What about Anthony's awful shooting(3-of-16 from the floor) in his 10-point performance? According toAnthony, that was the product of constant double-teams and gettingpoked in the eye during the first quarter, not Marion's terrificindividual defensive performance.

"Not being funny," Anthony said, "but I don't think he did nothing but play his game."

And Marion does have a big ego but this was just a case of him being competitive and thinking he's still a 20 and 9 player. Nonetheless, I don't care, I'm glad to have him aboard. He's the perfect weapon to have vs. the Nuggets

Originally Posted by kobe8is

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Truth be told...You are overpaid!
BINGO!!!
Shawn Marion at 6.6 million a year is NOT overpaid.

And truth be told, yall blowing it out of proportion.

Of course he shouldn't have made the ASG..

BUT!

He's still one of the prime defenders in the L, and Saturday night he showed he can still put up numbers with the best of them. The guy bodied anyone shorter than him, and used his speed and athleticism against one of the more physical teams in the L.

Shawn Marion is STILL that dude. He is STILL the Matrix. But he's not a 20/10 player every night, that's not what the Mavericks need him for.

How cares? Shawn Marion has always had an inflated opinion of himself, even back when he was one of the 25 or so best players in the NBA, he complained people didn't think more of him and he wasn't a go-to guy... So why would this be a surprise?

Speaking of over paid SFs, Laker fans... How's Artest working out?
laugh.gif
  Knock it off with that nonsense.

One of those players who can't gauge his own skill level. 

I don't like players who think they're better than they really are.

Originally Posted by amel223

One of those players who can't gauge his own skill level. 

I don't like players who think they're better than they really are.

I won't go that far either...you have to believe that if you are one or you won't get far.

It's funny to watch when some say it publicly though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

How cares? Shawn Marion has always had an inflated opinion of himself, even back when he was one of the 25 or so best players in the NBA, he complained people didn't think more of him and he wasn't a go-to guy... So why would this be a surprise?

laugh.gif

Best record in the west, he makes 5 million dollars, he shut down Melo too.......
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
  and I don't even like Ron. 

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
im pretty sure we got artest for cheap

hows he working out for us you ask? look up in the standings
wink.gif

i still miss ariza though

Originally Posted by CP1708

Best record in the west, he makes 5 million dollars, he shut down Melo too.......
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
  and I don't even like Ron.  
Best record in the West got very little to do with how Ron has performed this year... And look, I ain't saying either is overpaid (even though Marion looks like a much better fit for Dallas than Ron does for LA, IMO), but Ron doesn't make all that much less than Marion and Shawn has pretty clearly been more productive this season...

I'm not big on what either one of them has done this year, I just thought the overpaid thing was kinda odd...

Back
Top Bottom