Wrestling Thread 6/15-7/12: 7/7 Tough Enough: Seth Rollins Guest Stars

The NTWT WWE Money in the Bank PPV Prediction Contest Results are DONE in less than 24 hours.

This was the WORST PPV Prediction Contest scoring possibly ever.
  • 70 entrants
  • 187.6 average score out of a possible 500 points
  • 53% correctly predicted 1 title change
  • 10% correctly predicted MITB as the PPV opener
  • 0% correctly predicted Big Show def Ryback
  • 67% correctly predicted Nikki Bella def Paige
  • 14% correctly predicted PTP def The New Day
  • 54% correctly predicted MITB to be the first of the Big 3 matches to take place
  • 40% correctly predicted John Cena def Kevin Owens
  • 30% correctly predicted Kofi to climb the ladder first
  • 17% correctly predicted Randy Orton to touch the briefcase first
  • 6% correctly predicted 2 ladders would be the most ladders in the ring at once
  • 1% correctly predicted Sheamus to win MITB - @n2i2g2l2e  
  • 66% correctly predicted a ladder to be broke in the WWE Title Match
  • 24% correctly predicted The Authority would NOT interfere in the WWE Title Match
  • 93% correctly predicted Seth Rollins would leave as WWE Champion
Survey Monkey is on the fritz right now, but the large majority of people picked Roman Reigns to win MITB.  However, at least one person actually picked King of the Jobbers, dolph ziggler 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Congrats to the 2015 NTWT WWE Money in the Bank PPV Prediction Contest Winner, @diewitsjames  with a score of 310!

Unfortunately, our overall leader heading into MITB @kb8 3qwick  did not participate in this contest, causing him to drop to 8th overall but certainly still within striking distance.  But that means we have a NEW overall leader, @Big Van Vader  who moves into 1st place by the slightest of margins over @supeRsiC97 .  Overall standings are available through the link in my sig.

Battleground is 5 weeks away.  I'll be sure to get that contest up earlier than I did for MITB.

Last edited:
2 4th place finishes in a row. Not bad. Knew I bombed. But apparently so did everyone else. 

Thank God the Finals was on last night. 

I haven't been in the thread much since I'm in a softball league on Mondays, and I checked yesterday morning for the contest, but forgot to check back in in the afternoon. I'll try not to miss anymore so I can stay in the top 10 at least.

I was so damn money with these contest starting from 2011, and I've been nose-diving ever since :lol: Not shocked that NTWT as a collective put up Knicks numbers on the survey though.

:lol:

And finishing off the match with the good ol' hold his opponent's arms up high after the match for good sportsmanship and cheap pops.

I always have to look at your SN when I see a non-gif post :lol: You're right though, Cena gets that Mick Foley-like pop doing that, but instead of absorbing the other person's cheers, he extends more boos to them.

Some random MITB stuff. there's some other pics in here that I'm not sure if I posted already

View media item 1583735View media item 1583736View media item 1583737
MITB Gifs. Cena and his "Let Me Learn 1 New Move Every Two Weeks" thing is :lol:
tumblr_npz2h8eCw61uxh3hmo2_400.gif

tumblr_npz2h8eCw61uxh3hmo6_400.gif

tumblr_npz2h8eCw61uxh3hmo7_400.gif

tumblr_npzfvy4EKH1uxh3hmo5_400.gif

tumblr_npzfvy4EKH1uxh3hmo8_400.gif

tumblr_npzlt257DK1uxh3hmo9_400.gif

Put your Owens Mark aside and reverse the roles. If breeze was just signed a few moths ago and made it to the main roster before Owens who has been in developmental since 2010 you would be mad to. Breeze is a good worker so don't give me he sucks. Also it wasn't just breeze it was people on the main roster as well. Walk in and beat cena yet rusev and Wyatt can't beat him without a gimmick match.... Yeah I would be tight too. I said it when the story came out as well but KO is a *** kisser backstage too. Go look at how he talks to triple h after his debut. Calling him buddy and pal after every sentence.

I wouldn't be mad if Owens' gimmick and mic skills were as weak as Breeze's..And yeah he's a good worker, but he ain't on Owens' level by any stretch..KO actually can tell a great in ring story (like Zayn and Rollins and Jeans)..And the people on the main roster can btch all they want, but it's nobody's fault someone else is getting a push when they can't turn what they've been given into an interesting story line..And we can't even discuss Rusev or Wyatt..Rusev is solid in the ring, but has zero mic skills so we know that right there is gonna be a huge negative against him and any future pushes..And Bray was being buried before KO even signed his deal so he has no right to be mad at him when it's the writers/Vince that has been keeping him down..Owens is a natural headliner and the others are iffy at best (even though in all honesty I though Bray was going to be the #1 heel by this point)..So the jealous dudes on the roster need to either step up and grab the brass ring or fall back and accept that jobber status ala WooWoo/Miz/Los Matadores..

I wouldn't be mad if Owens' gimmick and mic skills were as weak as Breeze's..And yeah he's a good worker, but he ain't on Owens' level by any stretch..KO actually can tell a great in ring story (like Zayn and Rollins and Jeans)..And the people on the main roster can btch all they want, but it's nobody's fault someone else is getting a push when they can't turn what they've been given into an interesting story line..And we can't even discuss Rusev or Wyatt..Rusev is solid in the ring, but has zero mic skills so we know that right there is gonna be a huge negative against him and any future pushes..And Bray was being buried before KO even signed his deal so he has no right to be mad at him when it's the writers/Vince that has been keeping him down..Owens is a natural headliner and the others are iffy at best (even though in all honesty I though Bray was going to be the #1 heel by this point)..So the jealous dudes on the roster need to either step up and grab the brass ring or fall back and accept that jobber status ala WooWoo/Miz/Los Matadores..

Case you my dude and all but you sound like a true mark right now. Dfly and vader put it best last week. Not gonna go look for it as its buried in that old thread. It's a legit grip. He's been there for 5 years main roster ready. He's questioning more the process of how talent gets brought and Owens just happens to be the face. This is not the first time talent in developmental have done this. Seth did it when cesaro was brought up, they did it when reigns was brought up, they did it when rusev was brought up, they did it when Emma was brought up. it happens almost every time somebody gets brought up just so happens this time it's a beloved Internet Indy hero and the story was spun into jealousy when it's not.

Last edited:
I think Rusev kills it on the mic

His presence and dedication to his character is second to none

Rusev is dope. plays his character well and his selling is one of the best right now. Did not think this would be the case coming out of nxt wearing them brown paper bag trunks.

Y'all are all fighting for second place at this point.

#andnew

Here's what I said about Breeze last week:
So everybody thinks Tyler Breeze is wack now because he isn't Kevin Owens?  It's one extreme or the other with wrestling fans.   Tyler Breeze has a legit gripe and he's just spinning his wheels in NXT at this point.  His gimmick, ring work, and mic work are all main roster ready.   I don't think he's hating on Kevin Owens so much as he's pissed that he's still in NXT after all this time.
Rusev and Bray would have gripes too.  Bray had a spark until Cena put out that fire.  Rusev lost 3 of 4 against Cena.  WWE keeps claiming they want new stars but kills all the momentum then relegates them to midcard hell.

Last edited:

I used to think Rusev was pretty bad on the mic, but gradually something seemed to click and it's just something that works for him with his promo style combined with his facial expressions.

Back
Top Bottom