Wrestling Thread Jan 14-20 | 1/17 TNA Impact Wrestling - Bully Ray and Brooke Hogan WEDDING!!!

20130110_EP_LARGE_5pt_Promo_Rock_Guitar_L.jpg

20130110_LARGE_punkpromoreact2_C.jpg

Tonight is the 20th Anniversary of Monday Night Raw.  Well, Jan 11 was the actual anniversary, but close enough.  Just as we had the 1000th episode of Raw about six months ago, I would expect a similar show tonight.  Not only is this a special show in that regards, but it is also the first Raw in five months with no football competition, so I expect WWE to pull out all the stops tonight.  I wouldn't be surprised in the least if The Undertaker, HHH, or Brock Lesnar made some type of return on tonight's show.

Previously, WWE was planning on bringing back legends for tonight's show.  Then I heard plans changed.  I'm sure plans have changed multiple times since then.  The only thing I know scheduled is Ric Flair confronting CM Punk about being The Best in the World.  That should be an awesome segment.

Edge was asked to be at Raw tonight but will not be appearing due to a death in the family.

Bret Hart was told he is not needed for tonight's show.

The Rock will put on a Rock Concert tonight on Raw.  He did the same thing last year leading into his match with Cena in a segment I really didn't like, but the live crowd was certainly into it.

The Rock was on both Raw and Smackdown last week and performed comedy on both shows.  I hated Raw and loved Smackdown.  The difference for me was that on Raw, CM Punk was cutting a serious promo, and The Rock responded with stupid comedy, much in the way John Cena does.  On Smackdown, he came out in a segment that was meant to be funny, and had what I thought was a hilarious exchange with The Rhodes Scholars.

I've read one scenario where The Rock will continue to do all comedy through The Royal Rumble, and at the show he will LOSE to CM Punk because he did not take him seriously.  After The Rumble, The Rock will flip the switch and get serious, and eventually win the WWE Title at Elimination Chamber, setting up Rock vs Cena at Mania.  I like this idea.

Have to run for work now.  More later.

Also, 2013 Predictions are officially CLOSED.  I'm sorry if you did not get yours in, but the thread was open for two weeks.  I will go back through the old thread and compile all of the 2013 predictions into a spreadsheet.  Give me some time on this, but I will do my best to get it done some time this week.  Same goes for all of the member information.

I'm a Rock fan, but can't stand these concerts. They're only good when he was a heel bk in '03 IMO.

Leaving Sacramento Sacramento, There I Go.
Leaving? Sacramento Sacramento, There I Go.
They Got Some Fat *** Women, The Rock Is Going To Just Say No
Well I Might Take A Plane,
Well I Might Take A Train,
How Do You People Live Here,
You Must Be Insane,
I’m Leaving Sacramento, Sacramento I Will Not Stay.
*Check This Out, Check This Out *
But I’ll Be Sure To Come Back When The Lakers Beat The Kings In May
I’ll Be Shore To Come Back When The Lakers Beat The Kings In May

The heat he got from that last line was insane. :lol:

Leaving Sacramento Sacramento, There I Go.
Leaving? Sacramento Sacramento, There I Go.
They Got Some Fat *** Women, The Rock Is Going To Just Say No
Well I Might Take A Plane,
Well I Might Take A Train,
How Do You People Live Here,
You Must Be Insane,
I’m Leaving Sacramento, Sacramento I Will Not Stay.
*Check This Out, Check This Out *
But I’ll Be Sure To Come Back When The Lakers Beat The Kings In May
I’ll Be Shore To Come Back When The Lakers Beat The Kings In May

The heat he got from that last line was insane. :lol:

:frown: .... :lol: Hollywood Rock was such an entertaining heel. Definitely my favorite incarnation of the character.

Last edited:
Can't wait to watch tonight.  Also gonna be at RAW in Vegas after the Rumble.  Haven't been to a live event since Bret Hart and Ted Dibiase were hot

I'm a Rock fan, but can't stand these concerts.

Couldn't agree more. They are so tiring. I love The Rock, but the best thing about him coming back over the past two years is that it brought viewers. These concerts need to end. He's not really a funny guy anymore. Blame it on PG or whatever, but it's just really old. I'd love for him to be an arrogant prick, but that isn't happening.

^^^ the a-hole arrogant face Rock post 2002> but hey he's still more entertaining then 3/4 of the roster.

[COLOR=#red]I was there for that Rock concert... as a Huge Lakers fan I stood up and cheered but DAMN did it get loud when he dropped that. One of the funnest Raw's I've ever been too.[/COLOR]

20130110_EP_LARGE_5pt_Promo_Rock_Guitar_L.jpg

20130110_LARGE_punkpromoreact2_C.jpg

I've read one scenario where The Rock will continue to do all comedy through The Royal Rumble, and at the show he will LOSE to CM Punk because he did not take him seriously.  After The Rumble, The Rock will flip the switch and get serious, and eventually win the WWE Title at Elimination Chamber, setting up Rock vs Cena at Mania.  I like this idea.
[COLOR=#red]
That Idea makes a lot of sense and sounds really good... I like it...

So that means it probably won't happen unfortunately.[/COLOR]

My favorite Raw moment is when Vince was in the hospital and Stone Cold whipped his  a** dressing up like a doctor.    LMAO

Classic Stone Cold.  Man I miss these days

Mine has to be that episode where Edge won the belt over Cena and RVD think it was on the 4th of July or something.

"Reports circulating today suggest that reigning Divas Champion Eve Torres may be wrapping up her five year career with WWE, according to WrestleZone via PWInsider.
The champion will defend her title tonight on the 20th anniversary episode of Raw against Kaitlyn. Could a loss her signal the end of her run?
Torres — who joined WWE through the 2007 Diva Search — has been a major fixture in the division over the last few years, with more reigns as Divas Champion than any other woman — that’s three in total.
In 2012, she competed at WrestleMania, headlined Raw with AJ Lee in a mixed tag team match, won the NBC reality show ‘Stars Earn Stripes’ and became engaged to Rener Gracie of the iconic Gracie jiu jitsu family.
Outside the ring, Eve’s skill-set matches her impressive in-ring repertoire; a well-spoken, educated and all around well put together intelligent young woman, Eve has been at the forefront of WWE’s promotional activities and philanthropic causes, representing the company in a positive manner.
To say her departure would be a loss for WWE is an understatement."

Damn. She was a pretty decent heel too.

Back
Top Bottom