Wrestling Thread Mar 1-7 | 3/5 Smackdown - Edge vs Show, McIntyre vs Hardy

30,170
1,973
Joined Oct 15, 2000





A lot going on in the WWE right now.  The programs for WrestleMania are really hitting their stride right now.  There is way more buzz around this year's WrestleMania compared to last year, and I expect it to be a lot better show.  Plus, we have NXT which to me was a huge hit last week.  Let's look at what materialized after last week's Raw.

Chris Jericho returned to Raw after being permanently banned at least 37 times.  Why was he allowed back.  To quote Jericho... "Because I felt like it."  Anyway, Jericho cut a humorous promo only to be cut off by Edge.  Edge told Jericho he would challenge him for the title at WrestleMania.  I like how they didn't beat around the bush.  Everyone expect this match to happen, and by not trying to use a dumb swerve, it made Edge's announcement feel important and effective.  These two should have a great match and a ton of great build over the next four weeks.

After an amazing video package, Shawn Michaels once again challenged The Undertaker to a match at WrestleMania.  A beat up looking Undertaker finally accepted the match.  But he said the match and HBK's sole weren't enough.  He made Shawn put his career on the line. I don't like this, because I expect Taker to win and then we have another stipulation with no teeth to it when Michaels inevitably returns down the line.  However, I will definitely enjoy it the next four weeks.

Batista is the new WWE Champion.  John Cena demanded his rematch.  Vince McMahon came out and said Cena would get his rematch if he could win his match tonight... against Batista.  This was supposed to be Cena vs Sheamus, but Sheamus suffered a concussion in the Chamber and was not cleared to compete last week.  There was not a single mention of Sheamus losing the title the night before.  The match itself never happened as Batista was immediately disqualified due to a low blow and proceeded to beat the living hell out of Cena.  I'm really digging the badass, hitman for hire Batista character.  I'm assuming we'll get some type of explanation tonight as to why Batista got himself disqualified allowing Cena to get the title shot.

Vince also announced that he was inviting Bret Hart back to Raw tonight to make amends.  The rumor is that Stu Hart will be the next inductee to the Hall of Fame tonight.  I really loved this angle before the silliness of the car accident two weeks ago.  I'll give them a chance to dig themselves out of this hole tonight before I completely sour on the program.

The tension continued to mount between the members of Legacy last week after Ted Dibiase eliminated Randy Orton in The Elimination Chamber.  It looked as though Legacy had a plan to turn on Orton last week.  However, during a match against Kofi, Yoshi, and Bourne, Orton turned the tables and hit the hangman DDT on Rhodes before hitting an RKO on Dibiase.  I don't know if I like how this program is going.  Orton is going over as a face which was due.  However, having Rhodes and Dibiase look like tools their very first week doesn't help things in getting them over.  I would suspect we'll see a handicap match at Mania of Orton vs Rhodes and Dibiase, but we shall see.  Tonight we have Orton vs Dibiase, but I would be shocked if this match actually happened.

Maryse won the Divas Championship in an awful match against Gail Kim.  With the recent roster cuts, it wouldn't shock me to see Kim cut.  She doesn't seem to be able to have a good match with anyone.

Charlie Haas is the latest cut.  I'm shocked he lasted this long.


Also, Awesome Kong has been released from TNA.  I don't see her coming to the WWE.  My guess is she goes to Japan.
 

Bend_The_Knee

formerly gotholesinmysocks
52,399
16,156
Joined Apr 11, 2008
havent read anything new in a few days, guess the kerping real quiet leading to mania...raw should be good today

i expect a vince/hitman match to be announced and also what will happen with omega h n sheamus

also tryin to figure out who will be in the mitb from the shadow figures
 
9,908
839
Joined Nov 15, 2007
You've gotta think we're gonna get the rest of the matches for Mania announced tonight and at tomorrows tapings.
 
1,862
88
Joined Feb 22, 2003
Whats good ?

I scored 2nd row tickets to RAW the show before wrestlemania and it looks like I wont be able to go. It's the night before a huge test for my future. Either way tonights show should be good. I honestly see Christian winning this MITB.
 
17,085
1,014
Joined Jan 8, 2005
Originally Posted by OwensStr8Clownin

Whats good ?

I scored 2nd row tickets to RAW the show before wrestlemania and it looks like I wont be able to go. It's the night before a huge test for my future. Either way tonights show should be good. I honestly see Christian winning this MITB.
How did you get them? Screw your future man.
 
4,918
66
Joined Feb 15, 2009
Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by OwensStr8Clownin

Whats good ?

I scored 2nd row tickets to RAW the show before wrestlemania and it looks like I wont be able to go. It's the night before a huge test for my future. Either way tonights show should be good. I honestly see Christian winning this MITB.
How did you get them? Screw your future man.
You should sell it
 
70,172
16,770
Joined Apr 4, 2008
Christian better win the briefcase and start a program with Edge, but not turn on him for awhile, just have them be brothers again.
 
30,170
1,973
Joined Oct 15, 2000
Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Christian better win the briefcase and start a program with Edge, but not turn on him for awhile, just have them be brothers again.
If Miz doesn't win the MITB, I'd be shocked.
 
4,918
66
Joined Feb 15, 2009
^ I remember when it use to be Edge Christian and Gangrel. Spitting the blood out and Edge never talked much.
 
42
10
Joined Jan 21, 2010
Originally Posted by OwensStr8Clownin

Whats good ?

I scored 2nd row tickets to RAW the show before wrestlemania and it looks like I wont be able to go. It's the night before a huge test for my future. Either way tonights show should be good. I honestly see Christian winning this MITB.
I'll be ringside for that last RAW as well.  Can't wait.  Looking forward to tonight's RAW as well though.
 
42
10
Joined Jan 21, 2010
Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Christian better win the briefcase and start a program with Edge, but not turn on him for awhile, just have them be brothers again.
If Miz doesn't win the MITB, I'd be shocked.
I missed Smackdown last week, wasn't Miz talkin to Teddy Long looking for tag team opponents for him and Show? Was that just in general or for Wrestlemania?
 

Bend_The_Knee

formerly gotholesinmysocks
52,399
16,156
Joined Apr 11, 2008
4w u think the miz will be in the mitb? i thought teddy was gona get him some eam to face them at manie

i was thinkin beer money inc. seein as they got trashed by bischoff, but if not yhem then matt hardy n khali
 
846
11
Joined Apr 28, 2009
Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

i was thinkin beer money inc. seein as they got trashed by bischoff, but if not yhem then matt hardy n khali
Beer Money hasn't even been released by TNA, nor has it even been hinted they'd do it. Even if they did, who's to say the 'E would sign both of them, have them as a tag team and have them in a title match less than 2 months after being with the company. Reaaaaaaaachin' son.


MizShow will probably be defending the belts at WM so I doubt Miz is winning the MITB, 4w.
 
9,908
839
Joined Nov 15, 2007
I was about to say, Has Beer Money been released? They just got put in a match for the next ppv on impact.



Stay out of this feud Hunter..
 

Bend_The_Knee

formerly gotholesinmysocks
52,399
16,156
Joined Apr 11, 2008
im not reachin, i didnt say they were released

weeks ago news came out tha bischoff didnt think they were stars and they got pissed off at that.....

thought they would leave because of that
 
42
10
Joined Jan 21, 2010
TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

So glad they got rid of the DX merch. Looked damn ridiculous.
 
42
10
Joined Jan 21, 2010
HBK, can you just give H some Sweet Chin Music to show you're serious? PLEASE!
 
846
11
Joined Apr 28, 2009
Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

im not reachin, i didnt say they were released

weeks ago news came out tha bischoff didnt think they were stars and they got pissed off at that.....

thought they would leave because of that
OK bro, whatever you say.

Originally Posted by retrogearsolid

Oh no, should we get ready because they're back for ONE NIGHT ONLY?
 
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now