Wrestling Thread Mar 16-22 | 3/20 Smackdown - 500TH SHOW - HBK vs Kane, Undertaker vs JBL

Discussion in 'General' started by 4wrestling, Mar 16, 2009.

1. 4wrestling

4wrestling

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

First, rest in peace to another wrestler who we lost far too young, Andrew "Test" Martin. It happens so often, but it never takes the shock away ofanother professional wrestler passing well before his time. I am completely against the government trying to police baseball, but at some point, they need toseriously get involved in pro wrestling.

Last week's Raw was a good show until the last 15 minutes. It then went to complete crap, and honestly, it is the only thing I really remember about Raw. It's been talked about enough, but the HHH/Orton home invasion segment was one of the worst pieces of WWE television in years. There is only one questionthat needs to be asked about this segment. Did it make anyone more inclined to buy WrestleMania? I would say it would be a resounding NO. There were so manythings wrong with the angle. After a great segment between Orton and HHH the week before that actually got me interested in the match, they turned it into acampy, cheesey match that I once again have little interest in. It's things like this that make me embarrassed to be a professional wrestling fan.

Oh yeah, what happened to the stipulation that HHH and Orton couldn't touch each other before WrestleMania? I guess that's all out the window. Maybethey'll have Orton and HHH face each other tonight in a non-title match. That would really make me want to pay to see them at WrestleMania.

Kofi Kingston qualified for the MITB match last week by stealing a win from Chris Jericho after Y2J was distracted by Ric Flair. Jericho then challenged Flairto a match tonight. I know Flair won't wrestle, but I really don't even want to see him in the ring. Any type of physicality would take away from hisretirement last year. We're only three weeks away from WrestleMania, so it's time to announce Jericho's opponent (they probably should have doneit last week already). There are two real options. There have been a lot of rumors about Jerry Lawler. At this point, I'd say he's the front runner,and jeeze, what a letdown that would be. After all of the greats that Jericho has put down over the past month, it would be the great Jerry Lawler to be theone to stick up for them? Ugh. The other option is Stone Cold Steve Austin. Hey, just check the date.....

JBL won the Intercontinental Championship last week by defeating CM Punk. JBL has promised to do something historic at WrestleMania. Many are guessing hewill retire as champion. Of course, he needs a match first. The thought is JBL will have dissention with Kozlov tonight, leading to a match between the two. The other part of this is that JBL will retire as a face since WrestleMania is in Texas. You'll notice JBL looks suprisingly friendly in the pictureabove. Anyway, to turn one of your top heels to a face in just three weeks once again shows how piss poor the WWE's long term planning is. As for HBK andThe Undertaker, we'll see how they get along tonight. As I've said, I'm looking forward to this match more than any other on the card. The twohad a great opening segment last week.

Things really need to kick into gear for WrestleMania because time is running out, and I honestly have to say I don't feel a lot of juice right now. Andwith the down economy, this could be a very low buyrate as compared to last year's show.

2. areyouin729

areyouin729

I have a big feeling Stone Cold is going to wrestle against Y2J

3. the minister

the minister

hopefully this week will be good. maybe a stone cold sighting?

edit- lmao at the jbl picture. last time he was a face was when he was in APA i believe.

4. D Fly

D Fly

For some reason I'm thinking a big swerve will happen with the Y2J storyline..just a hunch.

5. 6 Rings G.O.A.T.

6 Rings G.O.A.T.

I hope Austin shows up

3:16

6. dmxfury

dmxfury Moderator

Man, 4 I am impressed you still stick with the wrestling, I just can't get behind the product anymore. I do still pop in my old Raws & Nitros, watch myHart or Flair DVDs, but tough to watch it today in my opinion. Question, does Flair still wrestle occasionally? I'm surprised if he does

7. masterhammy23

masterhammy23

Last time I remember was little occasions. He was Santa a few years ago for the tribute to the troops and someone was dissing the troops so he got involved andthen there was when he got paid to protect Hornswoggle when he was supposed to be McMahon's son.

And 4w, the stipulation went out the window because Orton attacked HHH the week before with Legacy. I think it was mentioned when they were talking to Ortonbefore HHH attacked or at some point. I didn't really get that either because it seemed like a one-sided stipulation for HHH not to lay hands on RKO, but Iguess not.

I actually thought it was a great idea for them to take the IC title off of CM Punk and give it to JBL. He could retire as champ, which is good because he isnot in good enough shape to still be wrestling and it opens up Punk for main eventing. Also, I could see some type of Battle Royal or something for the ICtitle on Raw the day after WM and I wouldn't mind seeing DiBiase take the title and have their stable holding 2 titles, if Orton goes over at WM [​IMG]. To keep the stable strong you have to give them some belts, Orton should beChamp and either Rhodes or DiBiase should hold the IC or have them as tag champs, but with the unification of the tag titles I don't see it being that easyto give them the titles when they should be on Miz and Morrison.

I really hope it's not Lawler or Flair, the only person that could make this good would be Stone Cold. Everyone else just seems too old to wrestle stillthat would be considered a legend.

8. fundamental21ticket

fundamental21ticket

It funny how in the HHH and Orton segment that HHH entered the house by destroying the front door with a sledge hammer and the door was magically fixed when heand Orton are outside the lawn fighting.

9. masterhammy23

masterhammy23

Nope, he retired at Wrestlemania last year which was like 3-5 years overdue

10. D Fly

D Fly

Possible spoiler for tonight:

Spoiler [+]
    - As noted earlier, Steve Austin is expected to be at tonight's RAW in San Antonio, Texas. WWE's website has Austin featured as their Superstar of the Day for today, March 16th or 3/16.

- WWE Hall of Famers "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper have arrived in San Antonio, Texas, the site of tonight's RAW.

11. 22stylez

22stylez

stone cold is the ONLY person that'll save Wrestlemania if he wrestles jericho there that and the taker/hbk match cause everything else is pure doo doo

12. 414hammerboi

414hammerboi

Anybody else play the Legends of WrestleMania demo? Why they change the controls from the SvR series?

13. 22stylez

22stylez

isnt the gameplay different too?

14. illoquent aka dsk

illoquent aka dsk

News & Notes

Triple H vs. Randy Orton to be No DQ?

15. 414hammerboi

414hammerboi

16. bcf06

bcf06

Are they going to do that bell thing when a wrestler dies to test.

17. andoneflip

andoneflip

i hope austin shows up.

18. dunksnjordans1992

dunksnjordans1992

hope raws good tonight [​IMG]

19. blackmamba08

blackmamba08

Oh *%%!.... March 13th, i most def have to tune in tonight.

20. jdcurt2

jdcurt2

I wanna hear the glass shatter tonight

21. bkmac

bkmac Banned

I may tune in just to see if Austin will be there tonight.

Although, it wouldn't be the same with Michael Cole commentating instead of J.R.

22. rko2004

rko2004

23. johnnyredstorm

johnnyredstorm

Matt should move to Raw with Jeff and Triple H staying on Smackdown.

24. mfr3shm

mfr3shm

Kelly Kelly at it once again...[​IMG] Jericho got a wife though. [​IMG]

Jericho NO! [​IMG]

Kelly Kelly wearing the hat

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh yeah Jericho is smashing.

25. illoquent aka dsk