Wrestling Thread Mar 16-22 | 3/20 Smackdown - 500TH SHOW - HBK vs Kane, Undertaker vs JBL

-- John Cena and Edge have had a long and storied history. So much so that Cena's scheduled encounter with Edge and Big Show at WrestleMania XXV will be his 34th televised bout with the "Rated-R Superstar" - at the very least.

Cena has already had four singles matches with Edge on pay-per-view - all title matches.

New Year's Revolution 2006 - Edge beat John Cena to become the new WWE Champion
Royal Rumble 2006 - John Cena beat Edge to become the new WWE Champion
SummerSlam 2006 - Edge beat John Cena to become the new WWE Champion
Unforgiven 2006 - John Cena beat Edge to become the new WWE Champion

Cena and Edge have also had three other multiple person matches on pay-per-view (and another one on television) with the title at stake.

Backlash 2006 - WWE Champion John Cena beat Edge and Triple H
07/03/06 Raw - Edge defeated WWE Champion Rob Van Dam and John Cena in a Triple Threat Match to become the new WWE Champion
Backlash 2007 - WWE Champion John Cena beat Edge, Shawn Michaels and Randy Orton
No Way Out 2009 - Edge defeated WWE Champion John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, Mike Knox and Kane to become the new WWE Champion

They've had ten one-on-one encounters on free television - at the very least.

01/30/06 Raw - Edge defeated WWE Champion John Cena by disqualification
02/16/06 Raw - WWE Champion John Cena defeated Edge
06/12/06 Raw - WWE Champion John Cena defeated Edge by disqualification
07/15/06 Saturday Night's Main Event - John Cena defeated WWE Champion Edge by disqualification
10/02/06 Raw - WWE Champion John Cena defeated Edge in Steel Cage match
12/18/06 Raw - WWE Champion John Cena defeated Edge
12/25/06 Raw - WWE Champion John Cena defeated Edge
06/11/07 Raw - World Heavyweight Champion Edge defeated WWE Champion John Cena
06/23/08 Raw - John Cena defeated World Heavyweight Champion Edge
03/16/09 Raw - World Heavyweight Champion Edge defeated John Cena

At the very least, they've had fifteen more encounters through tag team matches on television.

09/19/05 Raw - WWE Champion John Cena, Shawn Michaels, Big Show and Matt Hardy defeated Edge, Kurt Angle, Gene Snitsky and Chris Masters
10/10/05 Raw - Edge, Kurt Angle and Carlito defeated WWE Champion John Cena, Big Show and Shawn Michaels.
01/23/06 Raw - John Cena and Ric Flair defeated WWE Champion Edge and Chris Masters
02/06/06 Raw - WWE Champion John Cena and Maria defeated Edge and Lita in a Mixed Tag Team Match
04/03/06 Raw - Triple H and Edge defeated WWE Champion John Cena in a Handicap match
04/10/06 Raw - WWE Champion John Cena and Triple H defeated Edge in a Handicap match
07/24/06 Raw - John Cena and Ric Flair defeated WWE Champion Edge and Johnny Nitro
09/04/06 Raw - WWE Champion Edge, Lita, and Randy Orton defeated John Cena, Trish Stratus and Carlito
09/11/06 Raw - John Cena, Jeff Hardy and Carlito defeated WWE Champion Edge, Randy Orton and Johnny Nitro
09/18/06 Raw - Edge, Trevor Murdoch and Lance Cade defeated WWE Champion John Cena, Shawn Michaels and Triple H by disqualification
11/20/06 Raw - WWE Champion John Cena, Shawn Michaels, Triple H and Ric Flair defeated Edge, Randy Orton, Big Show and Kenny
01/29/07 Raw - WWE Champion John Cena and Shawn Michaels defeated Edge and Randy Orton to win the World Tag Team Championships
02/15/07 Raw - WWE Champion John Cena, Undertaker, Batista and Shawn Michaels defeated Edge, Randy Orton, Montel Vortimus Porter and Mr. Kennedy
02/26/07 Raw - World Tag Team Champions John Cena and Shawn Michaels defeated Edge and Randy Orton
04/16/07 Raw - WWE Champion John Cena defeated Edge and Randy Orton in a Handicap match

This list doesn't include post-Raw dark matches or bouts at house shows.

eek.gif
eyes.gif

^The thing about that is that was how you're supposed to do feuds. You put them in matches together that are non-title matches. I thought they had goneagainst each other in way more than 4 PPV's, but that was why their feud was good.

Shawn Michaels told WWE Magazine that he has considered asking Bret Hart to induct him into the WWE Hall of Fame. "I sometimes think, 'Will he ever make peace with me?'" Michaels said in the WWE Magazine interview.

"I'm not in denial about what happened in Montreal. I'm OK that I was that way, but that doesn't make it right. It's still wrong, but it is what it is. There's nothing I can change about that, and I don't want to pretend it didn't happen. It's something that really bothered me. But in the end, I want to be inducted without all the fluff. I want the truth." [Thanks to Tin Tangent]

eek.gif
pimp.gif

^^What a fool. Like there is a chance in hell Bret would come back to induct HBGay into the HOF

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Agthekid

indifferent.gif

Hmm, the quote I put was wrong. Edge beat Cena at Summerslam 2006 and retained the title. He won in thetriple threat against Cena and RVD in July tho.

Originally Posted by nelly28

people still watch this crap?
roll.gif
what are ya 10

leave it to a moron, a troll even, to come on here and make a corny comment

During Batista's recent media blitz of the Philippines, he was asked how much longer he planned on wrestling. Batista said he felt he had one year left andwanted to finish it out strong.

-- A number of WWE developmental performers in Florida Championship Wrestling have undergone ring name changes including Wesley Holiday, both Rotunda brothersand the male model signed out of the FCW tryouts in October, Matt Walsh. The new names are as follows:

* Brian Jossie is now Abraham Saddam Washington.
* Ian Richardson is now Troy Jackman.
* Jason Garrison is now Fletcher Chase.
* Jason Riggs is now Aiden Frost.
* Matt Walsh is now Joseph Canterbury.
* Michael Hutter is now Derrick Bateman.
* Paul Lloyd, Jr. is now Justin Angel.
* Taylor Rotunda is now Tank Rotundo.
* Tyson Tarver is now Mr. Tarver.
* Wesley Holiday is now Beverly.
* Windham Rotunda is now Alex Rotunda. Although, according to a report from last night's FCW show, he is actually Bo Rotundo.

As expected, Vince McMahon was infuriated over the script for a recent edition of Raw (March 2, 2009) leaking online. One source believes John Carle, acreative team writer who was let go just before the script hit the net, is responsible for the sheets going online.

"No coincidence that it's published the same day [creative team member] John Carle is dropped and that apparently has gotten back to Stephanie andVince," the source said. "Apparently, they had creative sign some absurdly one-sided addendum in late 2007 where if you do something like this afterbeing terminated, they have all sorts of legal action against you. Given the timing and circumstances, he shouldn't be surprised to get a nice legal notice
from Stamford shortly. Vince is on a warpath and was mega hot over this so I'm thinking someone is going to be made a legal example of."

It should be noted that Carle was not the only member of the creative team fired three weeks ago as another individual was let go as well, although wedon't have his name. As a result, the source believes the person who leaked the script felt safe to leak it as it would be hard to pinpoint one guiltyparty.

For those wondering why more scripts haven't leaked online, it is because the performers doesn't actually get to handle them for the most part, as thescripts go to the producers of a segment, who then go over the script with the talent.

Another source added his take on the script: "So I took at look at the RAW script that was leaked. That is the real deal -- and from the looks of it wasan early draft (most likely PRE-Agent meeting). The show hasn't been timed yet (the time for the breaks are in but not the actual timing of the show). Theproducers are in, but not the writer assignments. This might have even been the draft that was brought on the plane for Vince to review before RAW. It'sfunny to look at the amount of crap that has been jammed into those scripts over the years. The live attendance box was added so they can know what the lasttwo dates at the building. The side boxes next to the matches are the announcer notes (that announcers hated and would make fun of). The 'not working'list allows them to see who they 'missed' on not putting on the show. As you can see, the amount of detail that goes into the promos that are writtenand why these talents have not grown at that art of promos. Though this is what demanded of the creative team to write for Vince. A script can not be turned inwithout that detail. It's become so rigid a process."

Two matches announced for RAW tonight.

WWE has announced the following for tonight's edition of Raw:

* World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Big Show

* WWE Champion Triple H vs. Randy Orton & Ted DiBiase

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]...so what happened to the whole "we can't touch each other (pause) before Wrestlemania"deal between HHH and Randy Orton? Is this some kind of a joke? Why are Edge and Big Show/Orton and HHH facing each other? You can basically forget DiBiase,he's not going to do anything important tonight...I GUARANTEE you he's only there to get squashed, since Cody Rhodes got it last week. Then HHH says"2 down...1 to go"
eyes.gif
. This booking is trash...
smh.gif

It's sad that Randy Orton won the Royal Rumble yet he's being relegated as the prey to HHH being the hunter.....isn't Orton supposed to be thechallenger here? You'd almost think that the WWE TITLE isn't on the line here...wow.

Stephanie is also supposed to return tonight. Whoop di do.
[/color]

Back
Top Bottom