Wrestling Thread Mar 2-8 | 3/6 Smackdown - MVP vs Matt Hardy, Shelton vs Jeff Hardy

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

Originally Posted by Maelstroom

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

How the hell you gonna put Mark Henry in a ladder match? No chance in hell he takes a step on to the ladder at any point during the match.
Yup
smh.gif

Shouldve been:
MVP, Benjamin, Kennedy, Punk, R Truth, Mysterio, Kingston, Evan Bourne
frown.gif

Not knowing what Kozlov and Umaga will do at Mania ftl (Lets hope not MITB)
sick.gif

They should face each other
They shouldve made a match with all of the big man at Mania...doesnt need a lot of building up...just a match to see who's the most dominateof them. It would be a better way for them to be on the card whilst having high flyers in the MITB match. IMO

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by Digger85

Originally Posted by Digger85

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

HBK/Jericho last year?
orton/trips has been better imo.
Just stop watching wrestling, please.
please.eff outta here with that garbage. to me ive enjoyed it more because its leading to the main event of wrestlemania. it aint even like they had their best match/matches together, that was at wm 19 5 years earlier. orton and trips are likely going to put on their best match, maybe a classic. this has been the best leadup to a mania main event since batista powerbombed trips through a table
How can you say a program that has been going on for TWO WEEKS is better than the 2008 FEUD OF THE YEAR?????
i meant it in a way that included the whole thing with shane/vince/stephanie

MITB better not include Kozlov. And it should have been Umaga in there instead of Mark Henry. At least Umaga could pull something crazy off.

CM Punk, Mark Henry, MVP?, Kane, Shelton? Bourne? R-Truth? ... Smh MVP better win.

SmackDown Spoilers for this week (03/06):

Spoiler [+]
SmackDown: (Airing This Week)
* A contract signing between Big Show & Edge is announced for tonight. Triple H will also take on Umaga.

* The Undertaker opens SmackDown with a promo about his match against Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania. He says that he accepts Shawn's challenge.

* A Shawn Michaels video package is shown.

* Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy tonight with the winner getting a spot in the Money in the Bank ladder match at WrestleMania.

* Jeff Hardy goes to Vickie's office. He said he won't fight Matt but he will qualify for the Money in the Bank ladder match.

* Matt Hardy comes out to the ring and cuts a promo. He talks about how Jeff won't fight him but says once they both qualify, he'll finally get his hands on him. He's drawing a lot of heel heat.

* MVP b. Matt Hardy to qualify for the Money in the Bank ladder match at WrestleMania 25.
- MVP builds up a solid offense early on. Matt counters and attempts to connect with Twist of Fate. MVP reverses it to get the win via pinfall.

* Jeff Hardy vs. Shelton Benjamin is announced for tonight.

* R-Truth b. Chavo Guerrero
- Good back and forth match. R-Truth gets the win via pinfall.

* The Big Show & Edge contract signing is up next.

* Vickie starts the segment in the ring. Edge comes out without the World Heavyweight Championship belt and asks Vickie about what is going on with her and Big Show. Big Show comes out... They sign the contract. Big Show then cuts a promo saying that Edge is not a good champion and Vickie agrees. John Cena comes out and interrupts. Cena cleans house hitting Big Show with a low blow and throwing Edge into the ring post then hitting him with a table. Cena whispers something in Vickie's ear and leaves. Vickie leaves the ring in tears.

* Maryse b. Eve in a non-title match
- Michelle McCool joins Tazz & Jim Ross on commentary. Lots of boring chants started throughout the match. After the match, Melina comes out and is attacked by Michelle.

* Shelton Benjamin b. Jeff Hardy in a Money in the Bank ladder match qualifier
- Shelton gets the win after Matt Hardy comes out and hits him disqualifying Jeff.

* Triple H vs. Umaga
- Triple H starts out at a strong pace, but Umaga eventually gains control. Power shifts back and forth. According to several of our correspondents it appears as if Umaga tweaked his leg as the referee held up the "x" signal. Legacy comes out of the crowd and attacks Triple H. Randy Orton keeps teasing the punt. He stands over Triple H as this week's SmackDown goes off the air.

Sounds like it was a good episode all around...
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Chris Jericho - Want to make him the most hated heel of all time? Want to have him solidify his spot as an ALL TIME main eventer? Want him to carry the title as the only man to beat The Rock and Steve Austin in the same night, and the only man to beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania? This is the one man I'd love to see do it.
That's a pretty good idea. I've always thought that if anyone should end it, it's Kane and only Kane, but at this point I think hisship has sailed. Not to mention, I would want it somehow start with Kane having a horrible accident courtesy of Taker and being re-masked, which wont happen.

It sucks that arguably the three best options for a ladder match in Morrison and the Hardys wont be in the MITB. It's shaping up pretty bad so far... Iunderstand the need for one big dude (Kane), and a ring general (Finlay last year), but Mark Henry? Kovlov potentially? C'mon.

didnt knw people still watch wrestling like this i was a big fan back when the nation of domination was around until the rock became a actor is when i stopwatchin weekly but i like randy orton he cool and that guy koffie kingston

i see evan bourne winning the mitb, assuming hes in it...

if not ted debiase, assuming hes in it...

the thing i dont get is whats the point of the legacy stable, they havent done anything worth mentioning...

after wresltmania, i see them seperating, with debiase moving to smackdown

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

the thing i dont get is whats the point of the legacy stable, they havent done anything worth mentioning...

Too soon.

Evan Bourne should be in MITB, but I don't think he'll win.

SmackDown Spoilers for next week (03/13):

Spoiler [+]
Dark Match:
* Eric Escobar b. Kizarny
- Solid dark match with lots of good spots. Esobar gets the win via pinfall.

SmackDown: (Airing Next Week)
* The show opens with Edge vs. Kofi Kingston. Edge wins after Kofi submits in the sharpshooter.

* The Miz & John Morrison b. Carlito & Primo Colon to retain the World Tag Team Championship.
- After the match The Miz & John Morrison leave with The Bella Twins.

* The Undertaker vs. Vladimir Kozlov is announced for later.

* Chavo Guerrero & Shelton Benjamin b. R-Truth & MVP when Shelton hit Pay Dirt on MVP.

* A WrestleMania video package airs before Matt Hardy comes out to "tell the truth" about Jeff. Matt comes up and holds up the dog collar of Jeff's dog that he lost in his house fire. This prompts Jeff to hit the ring. Matt offers to give the collar to Jeff as a token of love. Jeff grabs the mic from Matt and said that Matt is behind the stairwell incident, the car crash, and the fire. Jeff says Matt hates himself and is sick and twisted. Jeff takes out Matt in the ring then cries in the ring as he holds the collar of his dead dog. Jeff receives a big pop.

* WWE Women's Champion Melina & Maria b. WWE Divas Champion Maryse & Michelle McCool when Melina rolled up Maryse because Michelle wouldn't tag in. After the match, McCool takes out Maryse.

* Finlay b. The Brian Kendrick with the Celtic Cross to qualify for the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania 25.

* The Undertaker b. Vladimir Kozlov
- Good back and forth action. The crowd is behind Undertaker. He gets the win clean after hitting a tombstone. After the match Undertaker looks up at the WrestleMania sign and the lights dim. This concludes next week's SmackDown

Dark Main Event:
* Edge vs. Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy
- Edge gets the win to retain the World Heavyweight Championship.

MVP is more deserving than either of those guys.

I know I'm the only person on here who doesn't mind seeing Henry in MITB. Hell I wouldn't even mind if he won. He's been putting in work for 13years and has only held the European title and ECW championship. I still believe they should've given him the World Heavyweight Championship instead ofKhali when Edge relinquished it in 06.

Originally Posted by YardFather

I know I'm the only person on here who doesn't mind seeing Henry in MITB. Hell I wouldn't even mind if he won. He's been putting in work for 13 years and has only held the European title and ECW championship. I still believe they should've given him the World Heavyweight Championship instead of Khali when Edge relinquished it in 06.

the thing about mark henry is that he always gets hurt...

there have been many times when wwe wants to give him a push but he gets hurt

Originally Posted by YardFather

I know I'm the only person on here who doesn't mind seeing Henry in MITB. Hell I wouldn't even mind if he won. He's been putting in work for 13 years and has only held the European title and ECW championship. I still believe they should've given him the World Heavyweight Championship instead of Khali when Edge relinquished it in 06.

the thing about mark henry is that he always gets hurt...

there have been many times when wwe wants to give him a push but he gets hurt

Yeah I remember being disappointed when he blew out his knee on SNME during his big push in 06

[h1]Boogeyman released[/h1]
Written: March 4, 2009

Boogeyman

WWE has come to terms on the releaseof ECW Superstar "The Boogeyman" Marty Wright as of today, March 4. WWE wishes Marty the best in all his future endeavors.

smile.gif

Boogeyman

WWE has come to terms on the release of ECW Superstar "The Boogeyman" Marty Wright as of today, March 4. WWE wishes Marty the best in all his future endeavors.

smile.gif

happy.gif

Originally Posted by Sidewayze

Boogeyman

WWE has come to terms on the release of ECW Superstar "The Boogeyman" Marty Wright as of today, March 4. WWE wishes Marty the best in all his future endeavors.

smile.gif

happy.gif

Noooooooooooooo he had such a bright future ahead of him
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
Current MITB Competitors: CM Punk, Kane, MVP, Shelton Benjamin, Mark Henry, Finlay

Some of these
sick.gif

Latest on Hogan at WM25:

For weeks there have been rumors that Hulk Hogan will be a part of WrestleMania 25 in some capacity.Originally it was rumored that he'd be wrestling John Cena and lately there's been talk that he will be the legend to stand up to Chris Jericho onceand for all.

Hulk Hogan has updated his Twitter status (link
), which currently reads:

"Yo Maniacs, What are your favorite letters? Currently mine are C & J. Or... Maybe J & C?"

The "C & J" would seem to indicate Chris Jericho. And "J & C" indicates John Cena. Stay tuned as we watch how this develops.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Wow the MITB keeps getting worse and worse. WTH.
If you're talking about

Spoiler [+]
Finlay

I have no problem with him in there because he keeps order in the matches and is there to have everything in check.

However, I think

Spoiler [+]
Mark Henry, Kane

shouldn't have been in the match, they're taking spots away from the quick, high-flying dudes.

News & Notes in a few...

wow i hope hogan DOESNT face jericho at WM25 cause i know hogan will just bury him.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Wow the MITB keeps getting worse and worse. WTH.
If you're talking about

Spoiler [+]
Finlay

I have no problem with him in there because he keeps order in the matches and is there to have everything in check.

However, I think

Spoiler [+]
Mark Henry, Kane

shouldn't have been in the match, they're taking spots away from the quick, high-flying dudes.

News & Notes in a few...
Yea I wouldn't mind the first dude if the second dude wasn't in the match, but since he is it really weakens the ladder match. MITB isgonna flop unless they go hard and put in some other dudes, however the guy the first dude beat should have been in there.

Back
Top Bottom