Wrestling Thread Mar 22-28 | 3/23 WWE NXT - Bryan/Tarver vs Young/Otunga

There's not a whole lot that needs to be accomplished on tonight's Raw.  Everything is set and ready to go for WrestleMania this Sunday night.  Yes, the past two week's of Raw have been a bit lackluster, so a strong show certainly wouldn't hurt things, but the card is set and the matches will sell themselves at this point.  The only match that desperately needs some last minute heat is the triple threat match between Randy Orton, Ted Dibiase Jr. and Cody Rhodes.  I'm not going to spend a lot of time on WrestleMania right now because I'll have a complete preview ready by Friday.

Pete Rose hosts Raw live from San Diego tonight which pretty much guarantees Kane will somehow be involved.

Raw, Smackdown, Superstars, and NXT are all being taped tonight.  That's one hell of a long night for the crowd.  I hope they get NXT and Superstars done first or they are going to be taping in front of an empty arena.

For Raw tonight we have Randy Orton and HHH teaming against Ted Dibiase Jr, Cody Rhodes, and Sheamus.  Don't HHH and Randy Orton hate each other?  Like I said above, hopefully the outcome of this match generates some heat for Legacy.

The Raw preview on WWE.com says Cena and Batista will look into each others eyes one final time before WrestleMania.  ...pause...  And everyone knows Cena can't handle Batista's swag anyway.

I don't know if it will be on Raw or Smackdown, but there will be a 4 on 5 match involving the MITB.  I guess that makes it official that Kofi is not going to be apart of this year's WrestleMania.

After last week's closing segment with Bret and Vince, I think everything that needs to be done for their match has been done.  I don't think Bret is scheduled for Raw tonight, and that is the right move.  Anything they tried to do tonight wouldn't top last week.

And last but not last the final build for Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker.  Again, I think everything they need to do has been done for this match.  Maybe a few video packages, but the match is set to go.  The two men haven't had any physical confrontations, and I have a feel they may do something tonight, but they shouldn't.

And now the good stuff.....

monday2.jpg
impact1.jpg

I'll start with a post from last week's thread:
Originally Posted by hombrelobo

After some thought, I can honestly say there is plenty of good to be taken got out the ppv last night. Sting, RVD, Pope, (Hardy, Homicide and whoever is going to play the Suicide character too if you're into them as well) and Joe were all missing last night.

To me that says they are no where near their ceiling as far as potential in the company goes. Regardless of how bad SOME parts of the ppv were (The band/young Nash, the main event, Brutus/Terry) You can't sit back and say the ladder match sucked, you can't say the ultimate X match sucked, Angle/Anderson is continuing to develop well regardless if you like Anderson or not, knockouts match was great for a womens match, Hernandz/Morgan is developing well with Morgan catching heat, and Williams did a good job as developing himself as top heel in the X division.

!+!+ the haters. I still see potential.

Plenty of good?  Ok, I'll give you that the ladder match was good.  Other than that?

Why was the X in the Ultimate X match so low?  It ruined the match.

What is still developing in the Angle/Anderson feud?  Angle has gotten his revenge TWICE.  Why exactly would be Angle be thinking 'ANDERSON' in his head?  He's done with him.  I guess there will be another crazy twist to continue the feud.

You're taking it as a positive that Sting, RVD, Pope, Hardy, Joe, etc etc etc weren't used on the PPV?  How is that a positive?  That's a waste.  I bashed the Impact Zone crowd last night for being idiots, but I think you have to be a bigger idiot to pay for a TNA PPV.  Who in their right mind thinks that paying $35 to get absolutely no payoff or resolutions mixed in with goofy angles and nonsensical crap is worth it?  Hogan can keep trotting out his over the hill friends as both they and TNA get closer to the grave.

There's no point in even talking about the main event.  I think we covered that yesterday.

Here's a good one:

--It is believed both Jeff Hardy and Rob Van Dam are on tonight's Impact taping.  RVD was headed to Orlando a day early and didn't find out until he got to the airport that his flight was the next day.  He was led to believe he was on the PPV, never told he wasn't, but his ticket was not to be there until TV.  He joked he didn't look at it closely.  The funny thing is TNA has advertised a slew of names for the show tonight but neither of those names were on the list.

As for tonight....

Hulk Hogan to make a major announcement about the 4/18 Lockdown show in St. Louis

Tag champs battle with Matt Morgan vs. Hernandez

Angelina Love & Tara & Taylor Wilde & Sarita vs. Velvet Sky & Madison Rayne & Lacey Von Erich & Daffney

They are listing A.J. Styles, Abyss, Kurt Angle, Ric Flair, The Pope, Beer Money and Mr. Anderson.

its actually in san jose. i wouldve gone but no one i knew wanted to go with me!
mad.gif
sucks knowing everyone isn't a wrestling fan like i am
smh.gif

Damn shame that Kofi doesn't appear to be involved in this year's WM. This can't be all because of a minimal botched finish with Orton. If it is, Orton is well on his way to HHH status.

Originally Posted by AlanDutch

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

And everyone knows Cena can't handle Batista's swag anyway.
smokin.gif

You already know, I mean just look at that RAW preview picture for crying out loud, I hope the leather vest is in FULL FORCE tonight. Damn, I did not know that ALL 4 shows would be taped tonight, that's longer than a PPV that may even be longer than Wrestlemania haha... Speaking of Wrestlemania, curious which if any NT'ers will be in attendance...

I will be Sec. 132 Row 38 Seats 9-10 Pretty damn excited, not going to lie.

Here's a good one:

--It is believed both Jeff Hardy and Rob Van Dam are on tonight's Impact taping.  RVD was headed to Orlando a day early and didn't find out until he got to the airport that his flight was the next day.  He was led to believe he was on the PPV, never told he wasn't, but his ticket was not to be there until TV.  He joked he didn't look at it closely.  The funny thing is TNA has advertised a slew of names for the show tonight but neither of those names were on the list.

Wow... TNA borrows HHH's shovel and burying themselves with it.

I know Kane is always involve when this guy comes to raw, i even remember him making an appearance at a royal rumble but cant remember which one but whats the story behind these two?

Originally Posted by BayBuryYa

Damn shame that Kofi doesn't appear to be involved in this year's WM. This can't be all because of a minimal botched finish with Orton. If it is, Orton is well on his way to HHH status.
I read that WWE.com had a graphic up of Kofi vs. Kozlov for the last MITB spot but they took it down. Might be a preview for a match on RAW or Smackdown.

I can't see them leaving completely off the WM card. Getting left off and not getting that WM bonus money is basically a punishment.

Originally Posted by BayBuryYa

I thought he was in a qualifying match tonight?

Plenty of good?  Ok, I'll give you that the ladder match was good.  Other than that?

Why was the X in the Ultimate X match so low?  It ruined the match.

What is still developing in the Angle/Anderson feud?  Angle has gotten his revenge TWICE.  Why exactly would be Angle be thinking 'ANDERSON' in his head?  He's done with him.  I guess there will be another crazy twist to continue the feud.

You're taking it as a positive that Sting, RVD, Pope, Hardy, Joe, etc etc etc weren't used on the PPV?  How is that a positive?  That's a waste.  I bashed the Impact Zone crowd last night for being idiots, but I think you have to be a bigger idiot to pay for a TNA PPV.  Who in their right mind thinks that paying $35 to get absolutely no payoff or resolutions mixed in with goofy angles and nonsensical crap is worth it?  Hogan can keep trotting out his over the hill friends as both they and TNA get closer to the grave.

There's no point in even talking about the main event.  I think we covered that yesterday.
I'm pretty burned out from work and school right now so I won't get into a long rant right now as I just want to hit the jump rope and sit down for some wrestling. You may refuse to acknowledge it but there was good from last nights show. I already talked about the matches and I how I felt about them so I won't get back into that even though you feel the ladder match was the only good match. All in all if TNA could have had a strong 2nd half of that PPV it would have received a whole hell of a lot better reception.

And it's not a waste that Sting, RVD, Pope, etc wasn't there. I care to get into specifics but why would they be there? They don't even have a storyline to be involved in. Why throw them in the PPV?

Anyways..i'm looking forward to a good night.

Im curious, was pac ever a world champion? i remember back when he had fought the rock for a title but dont remember what title is was for.

Originally Posted by Captain Charisma85

Here's a good one:

Wow... TNA borrows HHH's shovel and burying themselves with it.

Well, it sure is nice to hear people on the streets telling me they’re glad I’m back. For almost three years I’ve heard how much they “need

Spoiler [+]
kofi vs kozlov mitb qualifier tonight.......5 on 5 tag natch between the mitb contestants on smackdown

Originally Posted by Captain Charisma85

Originally Posted by AlanDutch

And everyone knows Cena can't handle Batista's swag anyway.
smokin.gif

You already know, I mean just look at that RAW preview picture for crying out loud, I hope the leather vest is in FULL FORCE tonight. Damn, I did not know that ALL 4 shows would be taped tonight, that's longer than a PPV that may even be longer than Wrestlemania haha... Speaking of Wrestlemania, curious which if any NT'ers will be in attendance...

I will be Sec. 132 Row 38 Seats 9-10 Pretty damn excited, not going to lie.

Sec. 108 Row 33 Seat 1...Beyond excited, this will be my first
pimp.gif

How TNA starting off with Bischoff playing a tune on the guitar?
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Fans letting him have it.

Sorry, I missed Smackdown on Friday, so I guess there has been a physical confrontation between Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker.

Could this be Shawn's last Raw?

Who really think hes going to end Takers streak?

%+%@ direct tv im losing signal cause its *%%+@%@ raining!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom