Wrestling Thread Mar 8-14 | 3/12 Smackdown - Must See Mysterio/Punk Angle

monday3.jpg

Probably the worst day possible to get stuck at work for 12 hours.  There's no point in typing up a preview because the shows would be started at that point.

TNA is going in the WRONG direction going into tonight.  They bombed in the ratings last Thursday.  No one is excited to see Flair and Hogan wrestle.  I don't even hear much buzz about Sting, RVD, and Jeff Hardy.  They'll be lucky to get 1/3 the rating of Raw.  Going 9-11 instead of 8-10 was a huge mistake.

The Monday Night Wars return tonight with Raw from Portland, OR, with John Cena vs. Vince McMahon and Randy Orton vs. Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes as the main matches.  Cris Angel will be the guest host.  The Undertaker will also be kicking off tonight's show to counter TNA.

TNA goes live head-to-head at 9 p.m. Eastern from Orlando.  Hulk Hogan & Abyss vs. Ric Flair & A.J. Styles is the only thing announced.  Jeff Hardy, Sting and Rob Van Dam are all scheduled tonight, and Scott Hall's remarks on the web say he and Syxx-Pac face Kevin Nash and some guy whose name he doesn't remember (Eric Young) tonight.

I got em both going on the DVR, but I'm not looking forward to TNA at all. This is the worst build up to what is supposed to be a huge turning point in company history.

WWE, on the other hand, is doing a damn good job of building up to Wrestlemania. For tonight, I hope Kofi gets the last MITB spot and wins (since they blew his push big time), and I hope my man Promotista is given more time to deliver that verbal gold to John Cena and the audience yet again. And I REALLY hope that some kind of stipulation is put in place to save the god awful McMahon-Bret match at WM.

Heeltista, Promotista, etc. have me cracking up. Not to mention the standard Botchtista, Balcotista.

This is my thing about TNA..

It's still a child. People want to put it up to compete with the WWE right now which isn't what is going to happen. TNA is NO WHERE near it's potential. With RVD on the roster..things start to change. They really do. Now we have ANOTHER former WWE champion. A guy who's well respected in the industry crossing the line.

The door is opening..slowly. Jeff Hardy must get through his legal problems for this company to continue to move forward.

In addition to that I feel good about the TNA wrestlers being vocal about not liking the way iMPACT went last week and the lack of build up for the Destination X PPV. Because these are things that need to continue to change. Think of TNA as a young WCW. It's still not at the 1995 WCW Nitro level (it's about at the 1991 WCW saturday night level
laugh.gif
)..but it's slowly getting there. It's going to need a few years but be happy that competition is getting better.

As wrestling fans, it benefits us all.

Here's to monday nights.

Think I'm going to watch Raw and catch Impact later tonight. Although I do have to say that's it's nice to know that there's another wrestling show to flip to when Raw gets a little corny. It's been a while since us fans have had a choice (not including 1/4). But WWE's been doing good with their buildup to WM26, so I'm satisfied.

I do want to see what they do with RVD though.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

It's still a child. People want to put it up to compete with the WWE right now which isn't what is going to happen. TNA is NO WHERE near it's potential. With RVD on the roster..things start to change. They really do. Now we have ANOTHER former WWE champion. A guy who's well respected in the industry crossing the line.

The door is opening..slowly. Jeff Hardy must get through his legal problems for this company to continue to move forward.

In addition to that I feel good about the TNA wrestlers being vocal about not liking the way iMPACT went last week and the lack of build up for the Destination X PPV. Because these are things that need to continue to change. Think of TNA as a young WCW. It's still not at the 1995 WCW Nitro level (it's about at the 1991 WCW saturday night level
laugh.gif
)..but it's slowly getting there. It's going to need a few years but be happy that competition is getting better.

Here's to monday nights.
Agreed on all fronts. Especially about people trying to compare TNA to WWE.

In the original Monday Night Wars, WCW and WWF were pretty much equals in the beginning. It wasn't until the late 1990s that the WWF pulled way ahead.

TNA small (albeit national) promotion. They have nowhere near the money, resources, or access to talent like the WWE currently has. Give TNA time, and hopefully they will give something for McMahon to think about.

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Cant wait to see what RVD does tonight
pimp.gif

yup! only thing i care about.

and i see the negative tna opinions have returned. lol never fails. everytime a wwe fan feels threatened they always have to put down the other product.

this is wrestling guys. its supposed to be bad, cheesy, and craply written.

There is a reason why wrestling doesnt have their own awards show on tv
laugh.gif

I'm going to watch TNA tonight, but will have Raw on the DVR because I want to see what my new hero, MadMaxista, does to Cena.

I heard that Stephanie is pregnant yet again. The Omega One is really trying to have that son who will inherit his golden shovel.

Originally Posted by Grimey

HEELTISTA > TNA

Especially after the "kissing babies and hugging fat girls" line.  He should go into this year's HOF for how masterfully he has pulled off Heeltista.

laugh.gif

Here's to monday nights.

I'm sorry, but you cannot call a promotion with Hogan, Flair, Sting, Foley, Angle, Bischoff, Hall, Nash, Dudleys, Hardy, RVD, etc etc etc a child.

It is WCW 2.0.

Originally Posted by JCH3

laugh.gif

Here's to monday nights.
Agreed on all fronts. Especially about people trying to compare TNA to WWE.

In the original Monday Night Wars, WCW and WWF were pretty much equals in the beginning. It wasn't until the late 1990s that the WWF pulled way ahead.

TNA small (albeit national) promotion. They have nowhere near the money, resources, or access to talent like the WWE currently has. Give TNA time, and hopefully they will give something for McMahon to think about.
In order to give the WWE something to think about, they need to give fans a reason to tune in.  Right now, TNA is nothing but WWE Jr.  They need to differentiate themselves from the WWE.  Right now, they're a second rate WWE, and that isn't going to get it done.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

laugh.gif

Here's to monday nights.

I'm sorry, but you cannot call a promotion with Hogan, Flair, Sting, Foley, Angle, Bischoff, Hall, Nash, Dudleys, Hardy, RVD, etc etc etc a child.

It is WCW 2.0.
laugh.gif
Get real 4w. You know damn well this isn't the Hogan, Flair, Sting (who hasn't been around), Foley, Bishchoff, Hall, and Nash of the 90s. And you know even though Angle and the Dudleys are solid workers they are past their prime. (Okay, Angle not so much but only because of his athleticism.)

Hardy hasn't even WRESTLED for TNA yet and RVD.. well, we'll see.

It's PRE-WCW like it or not.

I hate how the X-division is basically nonexistent since Hogan and *****off came. We get a 6 or 8 man tag every couple weeks but that's about it. I think the fast paced and high flying action is definitely something TNA should focus on like WCW did with Cruiserweights back in the day. There should be a minimum of 2 X-division matches every episode.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

laugh.gif

Here's to monday nights.

It is WCW 2.0.
Why do people drop WCW like its an insult? I enjoyed WCW.

Since it takes Taker 10 minutes to get to the ring, we have time to see what the fuss is bout the first 5 minutes of Impact

It's obviously no fault of TNA, but I would also be much more inclined to tune in if I got Spike in HD.

Back
Top Bottom