Wrestling Thread Mar29-Apr4 | 4/2 WWE Smackdown - Must Watch Show

WrestleMania XXVI is in the books.  Say what you will about the show as a whole, but no one can argue that the end of the show could go toe to toe with any other WrestleMania in history.  Thank God cooler heads prevailed and put Undertaker and Shawn Michaels as the last match on the card instead of the train wreck that was Bret Hart vs Mr. McMahon.  Here's my quick recap of WrestleMania XXVI:

-Show Miz defeated John Morrison and R-Truth to retain the Unified Tag Team Championships.  Watching the show live, I thought the match was fine, but when I watched the replay, I realized how rushed this match was.  I'm glad that Show Miz won, but they could have given these guys a few more minutes.  Hopefully Morrison and Truth go their separate ways.
-Randy Orton defeated Ted Dibiase Jr and Cody Rhodes.  This was the official burial of Rhodes and Dibiase.  Orton went over as strong as you could finishing Rhodes with the Punt and Dibiase with the RKO.  I don't see any way that this "feud" continues.  Rhodes and Dibiase will probably feud in a program no one will care about.
-Jack Swagger won the Money in the Bank match.  The match was fine.  They have really toned down the risk and potential for injury since this match began five years ago.  Now, it's mostly just guys getting pushed off ladders into the ropes.  The match was fine but not a memorable MITB, except for the fact that it took Swagger almost 20 seconds to get the briefcase down once he was at the top of the ladder.  Swagger was certainly a surprise as most everyone picked McIntyre.  I would assume Swagger will cash in his shot before the MITB PPV, which means he will be a champion within a few months.  Seems a bit rushed, but if they decide to back him, he could be a star.
-HHH defeated Sheamus.  Sheamus looked good in the match, but he lost cleanly in the middle of the ring after HHH kicked out of Sheamus's signature pump kick.  Sheamus really could have used this victory.  He's lost a lot of steam since losing the WWE Title.  However, rumors are he'll be the next contender for Cena's title since Sheamus never received his rematch after losing the belt at Elimination Chamber.  Oh yeah, HHH's ego continues to grow.
-Rey Mysterio defeated CM Punk.  This was the complete wrong decision in my opinion.  There are so many ways they could have gone if Mysterio was forced to join the Straight Edge Society.  Now, I don't know how they continue this feud.  Also, only giving them six minutes was a huge disappointment.
-Bret Hart defeated Vince McMahon.  This was a complete disaster.  First, they tried to swerve everyone with the Hart Family turning on Bret, but within two minutes Bret revealed the Hart Family actually double crossed Vince.  Shocker.  Vince proceeded to get his *** kicked by Bret and the rest of the Hart Family for about the next 15 minutes.  Vince got in zero offense, literally.  Vince took some brutal punishment.  This went way too long, and with the violence from Bret, fans didn't know how to react.  I can't believe after months of buildup, this was the payoff.  I knew we weren't getting an actual wrestling match, but I was expecting something a whole hell of a lot better than this.
-Chris Jericho defeated Edge to retain the World Championship.  This was a very good match, but it didn't have that "big match feel" that I talk about so often.  I think a major reason for that is the crowd was absolutely killed after the Hart/McMahon match.  I was surprised Jericho won, but I supposed this allows the program to continue, and I have no complaints about Jericho and Edge working together.  The Spear that Edge gave Jericho after the match was brutal.  And this was the first match where the announcers really started to ruin the show.  Hearing them constantly refer to the Walls of Jericho hurting Edge's achilles tendon was mind numbing.
-Vickie Guerrero and the Heel Divas defeated Kelly Kelly and the Face Divas.  This was bad.  All the women hit their finishers one after another.  Vickies frog splash was awful, and the fact she botched the pin was even worse.
-John Cena defeated Batista to win the WWE Championship.  The complete wrong decision.  Cena could have chased Batista for the title all summer before eventually winning it.  Instead he beats Batista in his first match as champion.  Where does Batista go from here?  I understand wanting "happy endings" at WrestleMania, but they should have had Edge win if they needed a face champion.  It already feels stale again with Cena as champion.  This was a great match though.  And it was the first match of the night that had the "big match feel".
-The Undertaker defeated Shawn Michaels.  This match was awesome.  Maybe not on last year's level, but still awesome.  I don't know how they do it, especially The Undertaker.  If you haven't seen this match yet, make sure you find a way to see it.  The ending was awesome with Shawn Michaels being his defiant self one last time before being on the receiving end of a devastating Tombstone.  It's really sad to see Shawn Michaels go, but it looks like he's going out on his own terms.  I haven't heard any plans for a retirement ceremony like that fraud Flair received on Raw the night after his retirement match.

Here's the latest on Michaels' future:
--Shawn Michaels had told friends for months that this year's WrestleMania would be his final show.  Whether WWE convinces him to come back, which has happened in the past, or he changes his mind, which happens to almost every wrestler who retires, is unknown.  At this point he is telling everyone his retirement is legit.

The night after WrestleMania is normally one of the highest rated Raws of the year, so that doesn't bode well for TNA.  The goofs from Hot Tub Time Machine host Raw tonight.  It seems like each week the hosts play less and less of a role, so I expect the game tonight.  They get their complimentary lap dance from the Bellas and are done.  Nothing has been announced for the show tonight, but usually there is at least one WrestleMania rematch.  I wouldn't expect anything for Extreme Rules to be announced until next week.

impact3.jpg

As for TNA... It looks like they are doing the wise thing moving to 8-10 pm beginning next week.  Raw has proven that fans have trouble tuning in at 8pm, but this seems like a move that had to be made if TNA is going to have any chance of success on Monday nights.  Here's the card for tonight's show:

*Motor City Machine Guns vs. Team 3-D for the No. 1 contendership for the tag titles

*Shannon Moore & Kazarian vs. Doug Williams & Brian Kendrick

*Tara vs. Daffney in a first blood match

*A.J. Styles vs. Jeff Jarrett in a non-title match

*Beer Money vs. Jay Lethal in a handicap match

*Pope D'Angelo Dinero vs. Desmond Wolfe

*Jeff Hardy & RVD & Eric Young vs. Kevin Nash & Scott Hall & Sean Waltman in a cage match

According to a source within WWE, many people backstage at last night's WrestleMania PPV were very surprised that WWE did not use Jim Ross on the show in some capacity. There was also said to be a lot of backstage surprise that Ross was not shown on camera during the Hall of Fame ceremony.

As Ross has noted, he was in attendance for the PPV, and he was sitting in a VIP area along with others close to the company. However, it came as a big surprise to many that he was not used during the main event of the PPV, even in a pre or post-match capacity.

Furthermore, I am being told that WWE no longer sees Jim Ross a present character in WWE, and at this point the company feels that Jim Ross is a character of WWE's past. WWE has no plans to use JR on a weekly basis at this time, as Ross himself has noted in the past, and at this point I have been told that WWE has no current plans to use him at all.

HBK/Taker wasn't as good as it was last year but was still a great performance.

I hate Thwagger, and it sucks he won MITB.

Cena champ, great. Another title run for this dork.

of all the good and bad from last nights event i think we all can agree on one thing....

MY DUDE JACK THWAGGA IS MITB!
pimp.gif

hombrelobo wrote:
Wrestlemania definitely lived up to it's hype. Yes, we had a few pryo botches. Yes, the crowd wasn't always hot. Yes, the announcing SUCKED (my man Striker let me down). But was Wrestlemania a success? Absolutely. And this Wrestlemania also proved another thing.. PG is the real deal. How do we know? Numbers. Numbers don't lie. $5.8 Million. Wow.

I was going to do a write up on the entire Mania but i'm not going to type all that out but I will say that I feel it accomplished everything it needed to. And if you didn't think this was a great mania then you are out of your mind. This was THE PG mania and I enjoyed it myself. The only spot I got bored with was Hart/McMahon. But even that match gave us what we wanted. The sharpshooter.

Every match did what it needed to do. The Miz and Show solidified them as a real tag team. Show shined and it's clear that he's the driving force with Miz and was with Jericho too. Truth and Morrison competed well and did their thing despite loosing. Orton did not need to lose his match and as a matter of fact he proved to us why he is the best performer in the WWE today. We got a Santino Slim Jim commercial. Awesome. Bourne, Christian, Bofi, Kane, hell even Hardy all did their thing. WWE needs new blood. Christian is over. He didn't need the win. I'm with the people who like the Swagger win. He has a long way to go but he has the it factor. HHH winning is good for the kiddies. He wants to be a big face and he didn't take anything away from Sheamus. He did his thing too. Very professional match. Punk is gold and Rey did his thing too. I already touched on Hart/Vince. Y2J and Edge left a little more to be wanted but lets be real. Edge isn't 100%. Cena/Batista was a well worked match and HBK/Taker was well.. I don't even have to say anything.

I'm going to miss the Heartbreak kid and I'm glad I was able to see Sweet Chin Music one last time live. He will be missed. Although I don't think he'll be gone for long..

Like it, love it, hate it..this WM lived up to the hype and left us with some pretty damn cool memories.

As for tonight. There's only one thing to look forward too on tonights TNA. JAY LETHAL HOGAN CONFRONTATION. OHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAH.

Should be an interesting Raw tonight, hopefully Swagger cuts a promo of some sort, also whether or not HBK gets a farewell segment and how it will be done will be good to see. Ugh, I have a strong feeling Cena is opening the show...

Anyways; here are some WM pics:

Stage:
2zjhqty.jpg

26 Man dark match Battle Royal:
jr412a.jpg

*Thing(s) to note: with the likes of Khali, Finlay, Regal, Carlito, and Mark Henry in the match I thought it was interesting that Zack Ryder & (winner) Yoshi Tatsu were the last two... Also, I don't think people realize how OVER Santino is, the place went nuts when he was eliminated, crowd was behind him big time.

Randy Orton:
ndne4x.jpg

Drew McIntyre:
5fn43l.jpg

Christian:
2lmsy6x.jpg

The Straight Edge Society:
wlx36t.jpg

Serena got away from me last night. *sighs* One day...
devil.gif

Edge:
ml2y6p.jpg

- According to sources within TNA, Consequences Creed is gone from the company. His profile has been removed from the TNA website.

- Scott Steiner is headed to Puerto Rico soon to work for the WWC promotion.

- Reality TV star Tila Tequila appeared on a Los Angeles radio show on Monday and said she's finalizing a WWE RAW guest hosting gig for late May. Tequila said, "I don't watch much wrestling, but I like muscular guys in tights."

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

According to a source within WWE, many people backstage at last night's WrestleMania PPV were very surprised that WWE did not use Jim Ross on the show in some capacity. There was also said to be a lot of backstage surprise that Ross was not shown on camera during the Hall of Fame ceremony.

As Ross has noted, he was in attendance for the PPV, and he was sitting in a VIP area along with others close to the company. However, it came as a big surprise to many that he was not used during the main event of the PPV, even in a pre or post-match capacity.

Furthermore, I am being told that WWE no longer sees Jim Ross a present character in WWE, and at this point the company feels that Jim Ross is a character of WWE's past. WWE has no plans to use JR on a weekly basis at this time, as Ross himself has noted in the past, and at this point I have been told that WWE has no current plans to use him at all.

Why would he sign the deal to stay w/ WWE if thats the case?

So is he now just a behind the scenes guy?

Club, I was wondering when you were gonna pop up. I knew you'd mark out for your boy.
laugh.gif

To not bump the old thread, I'm just gonna reply in here...

This was my last post in there:
Originally Posted by iLL I AM

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

This Wrestlemania has the potential to be really really good...there's gonna be people who will come in here and bash it regardless (we all know who they are)
Never fails.
smh.gif

Anyone who didn't think Wrestlemania 26 was a good show overall doesn't know what they're talking about.
Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

so if ppl dont agree with u, they dont know what they talkin about? got it.......thought ppl couldve posted their opinions/thoughts on here

was it a great mania? nope.....everything before edge/y2j was pretty weak....matches that shoulda been on raw/smackdown

one surprise was swagger, but was a head scratcher sering as they havent used him in like 5 months

overall 6 out of 10 (final 3 matches were worth watching)
Why are you always getting butt hurt about people's comments? Lighten up man, @@*% is not that serious.

"was it a great mania?"...Did I say it was great? I said it was a good show overall.
eyes.gif
I'm starting to question your reading comprehension, man...

"everything before edge/y2j was weak"...MITB wasn't good? Rey vs. Punk wasn't good? Even the Orton match wasn't weak. HHH beating Sheamus was
smh.gif
but at least he was put over strong in the match. Bet you ain't notice that though.

"One surprise was swagger, but was a head scratcher seeing as they havent used him in like 5 months"

So we're judging Wrestlemania on how many surprises it had?
eyes.gif
Y'all read my post before the show...I didn't pick him to win but had him as my sleeper considering he's supposed to receive a monster push from here on out.

Everyone's preference was Christian but Swagger is a great choice for MITB. (Most of us) have seen what he's capable of and has the potential to be really good. We're always talking about how they need to make new stars and push the younger guys...Swagger is about to get it and some of y'all wanna complain? Alright.
laugh.gif

Oh yeah...didn't your stream go out for some time too? So how are you able to judge the entire event when you didn't watch the whole thing? You don't even have to answer that, I've read enough from you...
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

oh and i dont see how any of you can like Jack Swagger winning mitb......he is straight TRASH...
How?

Because if you're gonna talk about in-ring ability...don't even go there.

Y'all dude getting some REAL N&N after RAW/Impact...

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

4w u think hall, nash and waltman say sumthin about hbk?
No for two reasons.

1) Tonight's TNA is taped.
2) I'm not sure that Hall, Nash, and Waltman are even close friends with Michaels anymore.

whos feelings gettin hurt, the first line was only yowards u r comment

the rest was my thoughts on the ppv

when my stream stopped workin it was just after hhh match started.....hhh an mcmahon matches ws all i missed and i read the play by play on those matches

after that i found a good stream to watch the rest of mania

and its called an encore, which is wat i saw last nite

it seems u focus too much on what i type.....everytime i post u got a comment....u got sumthin personal with me? lemme know whats up with that

other than that keep me out ur mind and dont read what i post then.....

u told that to someone a few weeks back ,take ur own advice

i really liked the pyramid scheme for WM 26. the thing that i enjoyed most, though, was John Morrison's slo-mo entrance. I want to see this guy get a push. I remember when the whole MNM thing came out, I just refused to acknowledge their stupidity. Well, Morrison has won me over. Oh, and I didn't remember him from Tough Enough 3. Where's Maven? What about Maven? Quote the Maven, nevermore.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ fam flicking off Batista.  At least he didn't go out like a +@#%* like that dude in the Cena shirt.

^u right, forgot it was taped

godtista starts it off....thought dude was takin time off after mania

Dude just gave Batista the double bird on TV.
roll.gif
roll.gif
Batista screaming at random !** dudes.
roll.gif
Comedy.

Back
Top Bottom