Wrestling Thread May 18-24 | 5/22 Smackdown - Edge vs Jeff Hardy, CM Punk vs Chris Jericho

Judgment Day won't go down as the eventful PPV that Backlash was when all three major titles changed hands, but it will go down as a far superior wrestlingshow, thanks in part to the fact that 5/7 matches came from Smackdown and ECW. Here's a very quick recap, and my match ratings out of a possible****'s.

Umaga def CM Punk - ** 3/4 - Solid opener. Made Umaga look very strong in his PPV return which was needed. Punk wasn't buried either. I think this willbe the end of the feud, as I don't see how it can go forward without hurting the push of either man.
Christian def Jack Swagger - ** - Fine match, but nothing great. Fluky finish means they'll be facing each other again.
John Morrison def Shelton Benjamin - ** 3/4 - Lots of great spots, but sloppy at times as well. It looks like they have big things planned for Morrison. Shelton is sadly left behind again.
Rey Mysterio def Chris Jericho - *** - Best match of the night. Good chemistry, and lots of near finishes. Again, another feud that will continue.
Batista def Randy Orton via DQ - ** - Not a bad match, but not a good match either. Batista needs to be removed from the main event picture. Flair'sreturn was the surprise of the night.
John Cena vs The Big Show - * - Hated this match, thanks mainly inpart to The Big Slow. He does not deserve his spot in the company.
Edge def Jeff Hardy - ** 3/4 - Match started slow but finished hot. Cool finishing spot with the top rope implant DDT. Does Matt Hardy's involvement meanthe Hardy/Hardy feud isn't over yet?

Lots of solid matches made for a mostly enjoyable show, but nothing we will look back on as can't miss.

For tonight, nothing as of yet has been announced. One would think Batista will demand a rematch, probably a No DQ match for the Extreme Rules PPV. It willbe interesting to see how Flair is involved. I'm praying it is in a non-wrestling capacity.

Since Cena went over The Big Show cleanly, even with severe internal injuries after being put through a 7,000 watt searchlight, I hope this feud is over. Moveon to Cena vs The Miz. Hopefully The Miz is given a legitimate chance to elevate himself as a new star. I'm still not sold on him in the ring, buthe's been money on the mic.

It looks like MVP will be feuding with William Regal over the US Title in a program not many will care about.

Mickie James has defeated Maryse the past two weeks. I'm surprised they weren't rushed into a title match last night, but that's actually a goodthing. Depsite being buried, Mickie is still the most over woman in the WWE. Hopefully her push continues.

Is Santina done? It looks like Santino and Chavo are now feuding. I hate Chavo.

The Brian Kendrick is looking for a tag team partner to face the Colons.

See you guys tonight.

Probably won't watch again tonight. To me, Raw has been produced to be the same boring crap for weeks. It's like they just put stuff together at thelast minute. Smackdown on the other hand is fresh, with new storylines occuring often now.

Originally Posted by chino905

Probably won't watch again tonight. To me, Raw has been produced to be the same boring crap for weeks. It's like they just put stuff together at the last minute. Smackdown on the other hand is fresh, with new storylines occuring often now.
Honestly, I've felt this way for the past two years.

A couple notes for tonight:

Flair is backstage and there is talk of him either being in a match at Extreme Rules or The Bash.

MVP will defend the U.S. Title against Matt Hardy.

Diva Battle Royal to determine #1 contender for Maryse's belt

The Santino/Chavo feud is supposed to be elevated tonight with possibly a match between them.

Expect the Miz to challenge Superman again.

World Wrestling Entertainment's live, internationally televised broadcast, WWE Monday Night Raw(USA Network, 9:00 PM ET) to take place at the Pepsi Center in Denver next Monday, May 25 is in jeopardy of being cancelled by the Denver Nuggets. WWE and the Denver Nuggets are currently at an impasse in resolving a scheduling debacle by the team and the Pepsi Center. A sell-out crowd is expected to attend the WWE show at the same time the Denver Nuggets are slated to square off against the Los Angeles Lakers for Game 4 of the NBA Western Conference Finals. WWE has held the May 25 date with the Pepsi Center since Aug. 15, 2008.

"Even though the Denver Nuggets had a strong team this year and were projected to make the playoffs, obviously Nuggets and Pepsi Center owner Stan Kroenke did not have enough faith in his own team to hold the May 25 date for a potential playoff game," said WWE Chairman Vince McMahon.

laugh.gif
at Vince calling out the owner

Gonna real interesting though. It takes time to put up and take down the WWE set. Either way, one of the events have to be moved. They should have swapped theEast schedule days with the West.

Originally Posted by therenegade23

Gonna real interesting though. It takes time to put up and take down the WWE set. Either way, one of the events have to be moved. They should have swapped the East schedule days with the West.

I'd guess Raw is gonna move or get canceled. Maybe move the whole thing to tues and make it a supershow. How you gonna insult the nuggets owner while youtrying to get a deal done w/ him?

I'll be watching 24 season finale and maybe if I'm bored I'll tune in afterward. I would love to see Mr. Kennedy come back and team up with TheBrian Kendrick. That could be a real awesome badass tag team.

Im surprised no ones posted this:
WWE has changed the name of The Great American Bash pay-per-view. The pay-per-view calendar that appears on WWE.com now lists the show simply as "The Bash."

Tonights show is in my city. My buddy works at champs just hit me up and said he just sold Vince McMahon a Lakers jersey and hat. So check for him wearing thattonight on Raw.

Originally Posted by tylerhundley

Tonights show is in my city. My buddy works at champs just hit me up and said he just sold Vince McMahon a Lakers jersey and hat. So check for him wearing that tonight on Raw.
roll.gif

Vince is dirty. You know he's getting courtside seats for that game in Denver or something

Tonights show is in my city. My buddy works at champs just hit me up and said he just sold Vince McMahon a Lakers jersey and hat. So check for him wearing that tonight on Raw.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by BlackMamba08

smokin.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

--The secondary Denver Coliseum is a problem because it is believed the advance is more tickets than the Coliseum would hold for a taping. Plus, the whole conversion of tickets is a disaster. As of the last word, no decision has been made and no refunds are being offered. Ticketmaster acknowledged the situation noting the arena and WWE are working together to come up with a solution but the Nuggets are playing Monday night at the arena.

--WWE sent out a survey as they are planning a PPV where all the main event matches on the show will be submission matches. The four ideas for titles they are polling are WWE Submission Sunday, WWE Submit & Quit, WWE Breaking Point and WWE Total Submission.

Back
Top Bottom