Wrestling Thread Sep 5-11 | 9/11 TNA No Surrender PPV - Bound 4 Glory Finals, Angle/Sting/Anderson

20110902_rawsupershow_nashhhhpunk_l.jpg

Happy Labor Day.  I hope everyone is having a nice holiday.  Please be safe and don't drink and drive.

Despite being what should have been a major Raw and special live Smackdown, it was a relatively uneventful week in WWE with two lackluster shows.  The only big news was CM Punk and Kevin Nash being signed to a match on Raw only to have the match thrown out later that same night to have HHH take Nash's spot.  So after being out for 5 months, HHH is rushing his return just as every storyline around CM Punk has been rushed.  Everyone was expecting CM Punk vs HHH at WrestleMania, or at the very soonest, Survivor Series, but now, we are getting the match on three weeks build at Night of Champions... a B show that will not do over 150,000 domestic buys.  Also, has there really been a clear reason why HHH is facing CM Punk?  Yes, CM Punk has made multiple jokes about Stephanie, which began as humorous and now have come to the point where we roll our eyes.  But other than that, why are CM Punk and HHH facing each other?  They cut an overly long promo last week which talked about Punk wanting to be the voice of change in WWE, but HHH said many viewers already like what they see in WWE.  They just haven't made it clear as to why HHH and Punk are facing each other, especially considering this should be a huge match.  I know that due to medical conditions Nash could not compete, but that doesn't mean that you need to make HHH vs Punk as almost a throwaway match.  They could left Nash vs Punk at NoC, turned the match into some type of angle, and it would have been fine.  It's not like anyone was expecting a wrestling classic from the match anyway.  Now they're going to have HHH vs Punk as a setup to Nash vs Punk.

It's enough ranting.  I just really am annoyed that we all had such high hopes for WWE about 6 weeks ago, and now to me it all seems like we are right back to where we were before the iconic Punk promo, except that now HHH is back all over TV.

I cannot 100% confirm, but there are reports that HHH will return to the ring to WRESTLE tonight.  If WWE gives away HHH's return on free TV, their front office is full of even more morons than I thought.

As HHH said, this will be another Raw SuperShow tonight.  Despite touring in Europe up until yesterday, Randy Orton, Christian, Sheamus, and Mark Henry were all rushed back from Paris overnight to be in Columbus today for Raw.  That's a hell of a trip.  I wonder if the Smackdown guys are getting extra compensation for having to work both Raw and Smackdown now.

Alberto Del Rio has all of his visa issues squared away and will be back on Raw tonight to help push his match with John Cena at Night of Champions.

The Miz and R-Truth will tag together tonight, likely setting up a match again Air Boom (Kofi and Bourne) at Night of Champions.

The Bellas, Kelly Kelly, and Beth Phoenix were doing a lot of talking on Twitter the past few days.  Talking out of character on Twitter is never a good thing (ie: Melina).  The plan is for Kelly Kelly vs Beth at Night of Champions, so we'll see how that goes.

And of course, we'll keep an ear on the announcing tonight.  Things with JR and Cole have improved considerably, although Lawler has gotten worse than ever.

I'll be tuning in tonight since it's Labor Day. Hope it's a good show.

PO

Last year, Raw on Labor Day did a 3.00 rating.  The following week it did a 3.02 vs the first week of Monday Night Football.  I would be shocked if either number cracked a 3.0 this year.

For those asking about Survivor Series in last week's thread. I still have not seen anything official about tickets going on sale this Saturday. If they do, the problem is that I will be at the Alabama/Penn St game, and will not be able to buy tickets.

I hope there is some more concrete info about tickets this week. I will e-mail everyone who has e-mailed me about Survivor Series to discuss what we want to do.

If you still want to get in on the group, please e-mail me at 4wrestling@gmail.com.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Alabama/Penn St game

pimp.gif
, amen

The scheduler at WWE who decided to make a EU show and a NA show back to back days should suffer

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

For those asking about Survivor Series in last week's thread. I still have not seen anything official about tickets going on sale this Saturday. If they do, the problem is that I will be at the Alabama/Penn St game, and will not be able to buy tickets.

I hope there is some more concrete info about tickets this week. I will e-mail everyone who has e-mailed me about Survivor Series to discuss what we want to do.

If you still want to get in on the group, please e-mail me at 4wrestling@gmail.com.
Are you ok? The club incident must have been startling. 
ohwell.gif

Hopefully tickets go on sale next week since they just put the info up last week.

Lets see how this week goes. I dont think punk will actually face HHH, i see something happening for some reason.

Word 4w...The whole beef between Punk and Trips doesn't make "sense" they are forcing the hell out of it.

get this corny mofo outta here sitting indian style in the ring like a douche bag... yea i said it
laugh.gif
team anti punk shall be born
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom