XI / 11 / ELEVEN: Need Opinions on 1995 OG Black/True Reds VS. 2001 Black/Varsity Reds

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Sorry to dig this one out of the grave for those who hashed this out 10 years ago when the '01 retros dropped (wow...10 years already???) but I'm in Big need of some collector's opinions on AJ XI's in the Black/Red colorway comparing getting a pair of OGs today vs. getting a pair of '01s if you could only pick one. That said though, I'll be pullin the trigger on my first pair VERY soon and have both the OGs and the '01s on the table as options within a few bucks of each other and don't know which way to go. [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I can say this:I will be wearing them. Carefully/they'll be babied.The pair I would buy whether OGs or 1st ed. Retros would be of the same caliber/condition (IE: if worn, only worn lightly, showing little signs of use, etc.)That said, I've never even put my foot in an XI, so the other concern besides quality is fit and comfort.  [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Do they size the same or with the toe box changing slightly (as far as I can tell anyway) do they fit different in length?  [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The look of the 2001s to me is slightly cleaner with the black patent trim, thick embroidery on the Jumpman and slightly darker sole that won't "orange" much over time.  [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Biggest question besides that is which is better in quality/fit/longevity of use? Is there much difference? I mean, I ain't comin anywhere near a CDP (DON'T Bring up CDPs here...not interested) so besides the color of the CF on the '01 being darker, is there much difference between OGs & '01's besides 5 years?If you personally could only buy one pair and the price were exactly the same and you planned on wearing them on occasion...which would you choose and why?[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The more detail the better...I want to make a very informed decision and videos and pics ain't cuttin it.  I wanna here from those that own both, have worn both, chose one over the other, etc.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Thanks NT'ers!![/color]!
pimp.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Sorry to dig this one out of the grave for those who hashed this out 10 years ago when the '01 retros dropped (wow...10 years already???) but I'm in Big need of some collector's opinions on AJ XI's in the Black/Red colorway comparing getting a pair of OGs today vs. getting a pair of '01s if you could only pick one. That said though, I'll be pullin the trigger on my first pair VERY soon and have both the OGs and the '01s on the table as options within a few bucks of each other and don't know which way to go. [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I can say this:I will be wearing them. Carefully/they'll be babied.The pair I would buy whether OGs or 1st ed. Retros would be of the same caliber/condition (IE: if worn, only worn lightly, showing little signs of use, etc.)That said, I've never even put my foot in an XI, so the other concern besides quality is fit and comfort.  [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Do they size the same or with the toe box changing slightly (as far as I can tell anyway) do they fit different in length?  [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The look of the 2001s to me is slightly cleaner with the black patent trim, thick embroidery on the Jumpman and slightly darker sole that won't "orange" much over time.  [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Biggest question besides that is which is better in quality/fit/longevity of use? Is there much difference? I mean, I ain't comin anywhere near a CDP (DON'T Bring up CDPs here...not interested) so besides the color of the CF on the '01 being darker, is there much difference between OGs & '01's besides 5 years?If you personally could only buy one pair and the price were exactly the same and you planned on wearing them on occasion...which would you choose and why?[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The more detail the better...I want to make a very informed decision and videos and pics ain't cuttin it.  I wanna here from those that own both, have worn both, chose one over the other, etc.[/color]

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

I just recently bought a vnds pair of OG Black & Red XI's worn only a few times and they are very durable sneakers if kept taken with moderate care. I also own the 01's and the cdp's but if you have a deal on the table to snag some OG's take that deal especially if the price differential between the two is only negligible. Do you have pics? My OG's look practically brand new...I'll post a pic later for proof.
grin.gif

I just recently bought a vnds pair of OG Black & Red XI's worn only a few times and they are very durable sneakers if kept taken with moderate care. I also own the 01's and the cdp's but if you have a deal on the table to snag some OG's take that deal especially if the price differential between the two is only negligible. Do you have pics? My OG's look practically brand new...I'll post a pic later for proof.
grin.gif

grin.gif

grin.gif

Mate i dont know much about them. I picked these up recently (01s) but they were a size too small so i had to hock them. They fit true imo, im normally an 11 and these were a 10.

Still, being my first XIs i could tell they were stupidly comfy and i was very sad to let them go.

Have some spacejams arriving this week so i'll be happier now.

Dont know if the pics help at all but what the hey.

Mate i dont know much about them. I picked these up recently (01s) but they were a size too small so i had to hock them. They fit true imo, im normally an 11 and these were a 10.

Still, being my first XIs i could tell they were stupidly comfy and i was very sad to let them go.

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

they will have at least 6 more years off life 

I don't know how you came to that conclusion, but 11's wont ever crumble. The worst that happens is outsole unglues. Get it glued back and you're back in action.

I don't know how you came to that conclusion, but 11's wont ever crumble. The worst that happens is outsole unglues. Get it glued back and you're back in action.

I have a pair of OGs. I love them, soft leather, good padding, and a thick/high cut patent leather. For me, I usually wear a sz 9 and my ogs are a sz 9 but  they fit me a little small. 

I have a pair of OGs. I love them, soft leather, good padding, and a thick/high cut patent leather. For me, I usually wear a sz 9 and my ogs are a sz 9 but  they fit me a little small. 

Originally Posted by aphexacid

The worst that happens is outsole unglues. Get it glued back and you're back in action.
That's my thinking too.  It's one of the more solid shoes out there.

Back
Top Bottom