XI / 11 / ELEVEN: Need Opinions on 1995 OG Black/True Reds VS. 2001 Black/Varsity Reds

I have a pair of OG bred XI, they are in great condition for thr age and holding up very well! I love the quality of these OG's. I bought them off the original owner about a year ago and since then have worn them maybe 4-5 times. I wear a size 10.5-11 and these are sz.11 and fit me perfect and are very comfortable. I have to agree with you when you say the 2001 XI look better with the black trim around the Patent leather. I do like how that black trim looks over the white.grey the OG's have. I get to thinking sometime, having my OG's in this condition is great. Sometimes I wonder how long until they start falling apart on me? So I start thinking about trading them, but then realize i would really regret it in the end. just my .2 , here's pics of mine......

I have a pair of OG bred XI, they are in great condition for thr age and holding up very well! I love the quality of these OG's. I bought them off the original owner about a year ago and since then have worn them maybe 4-5 times. I wear a size 10.5-11 and these are sz.11 and fit me perfect and are very comfortable. I have to agree with you when you say the 2001 XI look better with the black trim around the Patent leather. I do like how that black trim looks over the white.grey the OG's have. I get to thinking sometime, having my OG's in this condition is great. Sometimes I wonder how long until they start falling apart on me? So I start thinking about trading them, but then realize i would really regret it in the end. just my .2 , here's pics of mine......

I have some CDP bred XI and i've taken very good care of them and they're holding up just great (quality wise) i have no complaints except the "2 3" fading on the back.... they're also very comfortable like '01's (BUT I PREFER 2001 RETRO 11's OVER OG's & CDP's CAUSE I JUST LOVE HOW THE RED SOLE IS COMPARED TO THE OTHERS AND BECAUSE OF SHAPE & THE JUMPMAN ON THE SIDE)

I have some CDP bred XI and i've taken very good care of them and they're holding up just great (quality wise) i have no complaints except the "2 3" fading on the back.... they're also very comfortable like '01's (BUT I PREFER 2001 RETRO 11's OVER OG's & CDP's CAUSE I JUST LOVE HOW THE RED SOLE IS COMPARED TO THE OTHERS AND BECAUSE OF SHAPE & THE JUMPMAN ON THE SIDE)

Originally Posted by SkiDRUMattiX

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I just recently bought a vnds pair of OG Black & Red XI's worn only a few times and they are very durable sneakers if kept taken with moderate care. I also own the 01's and the cdp's but if you have a deal on the table to snag some OG's take that deal especially if the price differential between the two is only negligible. Do you have pics? My OG's look practically brand new...I'll post a pic later for proof.
grin.gif

Well, sounds like so far, the consensus is go OG over goin Retro...  I think they're both amazing shoes.  Anyone else that maybe owns or has tried on both that can describe the differences in fit & comfort?  Also, am I more likely to fight the OG soles feeling slick over the 01s if they have about the same amount of wear or will that not make a difference?  A co-worker of mine balled in 2 pair of OGs back in the 90s & stupidly (looking back) parted ways with both pair after they got slick on court from plenty of use.  I'm thinkin the quality is really close to the same between the two from what I'm reading and have seen.  Is there anything that anyone would consider wrong or 'off' about either pair? Something that the '01s improved upon or something that the OGs have better, etc.??

K, so here's pics of the 2001s (1/2 size bigger than the OGs) GOT ALL 3 WORKING NOW
glasses.gif
mad.gif
  I'll hafta post pics of the OGs later today... the pics are WAY to large in Photobucket & I can't figure out how to resize em thru NT, so I'll hafta do it on PB first before I can post. Thanks for the Comments!

%24%28KGrHqF,%21g8E1fMgqV5zBNZ-tZo4Z%21%7E%7E0_12.JPG

%24%28KGrHqN,%21lkE1F5%21ZQ36BNZ-rpJ-f%21%7E%7E0_12.JPG

Please wait

Image not available

OK Here's the pics of the OGs that I'll prolly end up buying but still interested in comments in the meantime... finally got'em down to a workable size.  Prolly still big but not Ginormous.

Got a couple more but that covers all the critical aspects of the kicks.
So do these run the same width as the '01s?  Both kicks are in REALLY nice shape from the looks of the pics but so far sounds like the OGs are winning.  Props to all y'all givin me detailed feedback on these.
Not sure what to make of the CDP weigh-in, especially since that's not part of the comparison.  Sounds like he may have the only comfortable pair ever made!  Hang onto them I guess...

I just recently bought a vnds pair of OG Black & Red XI's worn only a few times and they are very durable sneakers if kept taken with moderate care. I also own the 01's and the cdp's but if you have a deal on the table to snag some OG's take that deal especially if the price differential between the two is only negligible. Do you have pics? My OG's look practically brand new...I'll post a pic later for proof.
grin.gif

Well, sounds like so far, the consensus is go OG over goin Retro...  I think they're both amazing shoes.  Anyone else that maybe owns or has tried on both that can describe the differences in fit & comfort?  Also, am I more likely to fight the OG soles feeling slick over the 01s if they have about the same amount of wear or will that not make a difference?  A co-worker of mine balled in 2 pair of OGs back in the 90s & stupidly (looking back) parted ways with both pair after they got slick on court from plenty of use.  I'm thinkin the quality is really close to the same between the two from what I'm reading and have seen.  Is there anything that anyone would consider wrong or 'off' about either pair? Something that the '01s improved upon or something that the OGs have better, etc.??

K, so here's pics of the 2001s (1/2 size bigger than the OGs) GOT ALL 3 WORKING NOW
glasses.gif
mad.gif
  I'll hafta post pics of the OGs later today... the pics are WAY to large in Photobucket & I can't figure out how to resize em thru NT, so I'll hafta do it on PB first before I can post. Thanks for the Comments!

Please wait

Image not available

OK Here's the pics of the OGs that I'll prolly end up buying but still interested in comments in the meantime... finally got'em down to a workable size.  Prolly still big but not Ginormous.

So do these run the same width as the '01s?  Both kicks are in REALLY nice shape from the looks of the pics but so far sounds like the OGs are winning.  Props to all y'all givin me detailed feedback on these.
Not sure what to make of the CDP weigh-in, especially since that's not part of the comparison.  Sounds like he may have the only comfortable pair ever made!  Hang onto them I guess...

grin.gif

glasses.gif
mad.gif

Please wait

Image not available

grin.gif

glasses.gif
mad.gif

Please wait

Image not available

Holy Bejeezez... I guess that post with the '01 pics is possessed or cursed or somethin... added all the pics & they're  not showin up at least as far as I can see.  If this is redundant, sorry but doesn't look like they're showin up so here goes again.

Both pairs of kicks are in REALLY sick shape so it makes it tougher but price bein similar, it sounds like OGs are winnin in the opinion weigh-in... Thanks for the ongoing detailed comments/feedback!

OG PICS in All their Glory:

Hopefully they're all showin up now!
alien.gif

Holy Bejeezez... I guess that post with the '01 pics is possessed or cursed or somethin... added all the pics & they're  not showin up at least as far as I can see.  If this is redundant, sorry but doesn't look like they're showin up so here goes again.

Both pairs of kicks are in REALLY sick shape so it makes it tougher but price bein similar, it sounds like OGs are winnin in the opinion weigh-in... Thanks for the ongoing detailed comments/feedback!

alien.gif

alien.gif

Back
Top Bottom