xmen animated series.................FOX KIDS CHECK IN.

Anyone have more info on the upcoming releases?

I bought the first 2 sets released too, but find them irritating in many different ways. NO special features whatsoever..(Someone did speculate that they willrelease a collector's edition later on with extras but who knows). Come on, the most popular cartoon of the 90's and they can't do a good job onthe DVD release...

And have you looked at the cover art
mad.gif
. Especially the second set..itmakes no sense at all. Why would you have Dark Phoenix and Nightcrawler on the cover when neither character is even in this set of episodes?? Thanks for thedeceptive advertising. On top of that, look at the illustration enough and you can easily tell this is not how the cartoon looks. They had some random dudemake the cover art in 2009, and he screwed it up and it doesn't look like the cartoon.

Yea basically I just want to get a hold of those Dark Phoenix episodes, definitely my favorites. I actually have a weathered copy of this issue from my comiccollecting days, they did a great job translating this into the cartoon, hope I'll be able to see it soon..

Originally Posted by blacklion23

I remember the Phoenix Saga came on during primetime on Fox. My eyes were glued to the tv set.

Dark Phoenix Saga and Days of Future Past on TV...i was a slave to this show

but, Batman Animated Series >>>>

Compared to the batman series, xmen sucks animation wise but I watch it and enjoy it for pure nostalgia.

Talbert

good,good, i remember several different episodes...
and when i watched it through the phoenix saga i thought it was over.

Originally Posted by CHIARAVANOND

everyday after school
pimp.gif
gambit was the best
o really? u have school on saturdays? because the series was part of the saturday morning cartoons line up, along with spiderman and power rangers

overall, this show is one of my favorites. this is probably american cartoon in its prime. kids now get a bunch of garbage, piss poor cartoons. 90s childhoodftw!
pimp.gif

too bad the series ended so weak. season 5 was trash when fox decided to get another studio to do the animations. it looked horrendous compared to previousseasons.

opening theme was beast. I used to sing their names along with the tune in my mind while it would play
"aand Juuuuubile...then Woooolverine..."
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by illniche22

The show was on for at least a good couple of years but DVD's hold a LOT of disc space so it probably is just that. Unless its just the first volume they're releasing or something
gambit.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

valley_girl_movie_image_.jpg

Concept art for vol. 3
X-Men_V3_early.jpg

This is one of those shows I cant watch again. I had the series but couldn't get into it like I did when I was younger.

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

Originally Posted by jessieGRAS
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I thought the show ended with the phoenix saga I didnt know jean came back
she was also back for "the dark phoenix saga"
i also did pick up Vol 1 and 2
pimp.gif
can't wait for the other releases!

"I go where i wanna go"
smokin.gif

I got a question. Before fox had the x-men, their was another x-men cartoon. I know jublee wasn't in it. I think it began wolverine was getting chasedand he passed out, then woke up in the x-men mansion, starts walking around and he see's the other x-men training in the danger room, I think it was beast,colosus, nightcrawler and dazzler. Anybody remember this? (if your grew up in the ny area it came on channel 11)

Question, since I still watch Spider-Man every ep of the reruns hoping that Spidey finds MJ in another reality does this X-Men dvd have some type of ep wherethey least complete w/e story is running?

If I ever get enough money I will demand that the writers, producers and all staff members apart of the Spider-Man the animated series finish that damn story.

I feel sorry for kids in that 8-14 age range that don't got that good Marvel/DC cartoons to watch with real good eps. Aint nothin like Batman the animatedseries on tv anymore. Somebody need to set up a channel that just shows those reruns all day, Savage Dragon, Batman, Spidey, Hulk, Iron Man, etc.

Originally Posted by faulkit28

I got a question. Before fox had the x-men, their was another x-men cartoon. I know jublee wasn't in it. I think it began wolverine was getting chased and he passed out, then woke up in the x-men mansion, starts walking around and he see's the other x-men training in the danger room, I think it was beast, colosus, nightcrawler and dazzler. Anybody remember this? (if your grew up in the ny area it came on channel 11)

i do remember those, i bought some tapes that bring like 3 episodes

this is the best pic's i could find

pryde.jpg

Back
Top Bottom