XX3s Patent & Yellowing Issues

OK trying this for the third time my text would not show up in the post for some reason. Im just trying to figure out if other people are starting to get this yellowing on their XX3s. I know i have seen a few other people that have this on their All-Stars as well but have heard that this has happened to other colorways that have Patent to. If anyone has had this post pics to compare. Also if anyone has an idea of why this happens please post. i thought sunlight and aging but now think its some type of bleeding since the laces near the tongue also have something funny going on. fyi my wizards and chicagos dont have this yet. (mods move if needed)

That's not normal at all.

Judging by that pic, it's a mixture of dirt, possible chemicals, and exposure to sunlight that made those yellow.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

That's not normal at all.

Judging by that pic, it's a mixture of dirt, possible chemicals, and exposure to sunlight that made those yellow.

these have never really got dirty out of the 4 times i have worn them but i think i may have wiped them down with a rag that had shoe cleaner on it so the chemicals might have something to do with it. 

Originally Posted by RTMoney123

my allstars look like that and theyre DS.

and i felt bad because mine were like this. sorry to hear that yours are DS and like this. i know how it feels though my first pair of Old Love XX3s were yellowing inside the perforation details on the tongue only on one shoe though. Got a second pair and those are fine though.   

A suggestion for future reference:

Under no circumstances, ever leave your shoes out, if you take them off, cover them with a shirt at least, any sort of sunlight, or dust in the air, can and will affect a white based shoe.

Bought my Motorsports on Release Day and they're fine. I wore them in the snow a couple times too!
I'm sorry to see what happened to yours but like FrenchBlue23 said: That's not normal

Yeah it's not normal but then again, someone said they have a DS pair and it's yellowed as well, curious to know how you guys store your shoes and where?

I have a pair, and it's not yellowed.

after seeing these pics i went and pulled out my ds pair. i noticed that only the top of the tongue was yellowing. this could be due to one of two things i think: either the fact that the back of the tongue has a different material (thumbprint on the otherside) or maybe its from the shoe trees used for this shoe. The shoe trees went all the way to the top of the tongue. since the shoe trees are made of cardboard, they are slightly acidic, that acid could eat away the thin coating on the patent that helps prevent oxidation.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Yeah it's not normal but then again, someone said they have a DS pair and it's yellowed as well, curious to know how you guys store your shoes and where?

I have a pair, and it's not yellowed.

my shoes usually stay in their boxes sometimes i do forget to put them back but usually get to it within a couple days. only bad part, there is a window in the room that my boxes are stored in and this house does have more dust than average IMO.

Originally Posted by teller360

after seeing these pics i went and pulled out my ds pair. i noticed that only the top of the tongue was yellowing. this could be due to one of two things i think: either the fact that the back of the tongue has a different material (thumbprint on the otherside) or maybe its from the shoe trees used for this shoe. The shoe trees went all the way to the top of the tongue. since the shoe trees are made of cardboard, they are slightly acidic, that acid could eat away the thin coating on the patent that helps prevent oxidation.

my pair started with the tongue but found its way all the way to the toe box.

This is common with this colorway. But only for the top of the tongue, I think its because the bleeding onto the tongue. Not sure where it comes from though since the jumpman isn't gold.

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

This is common with this colorway. But only for the top of the tongue, I think its because the bleeding onto the tongue. Not sure where it comes from though since the jumpman isn't gold.

the thumbprint on the other side is gold.

The tongues on mine are yellowed too. I don't think there's a way to reverse the process. Those AS's up there got it BAD though! I've never seen the entire upper part of the shoe get like that. The rest of my XX3 don't have this problem, at all. I wonder what they put on them..

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

I've seen the same problem with my friend's pair. not much you can do about it i think.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom