....:::: XXL's The 10 Freshmen....VOL. Mid-term Grades ::::..... Update. Wale's 2¢. page8

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by SW33TS1NC3R1TY

Originally Posted by creamOfDacrops

I Think too many of you are basing this on how much you like the person...not how successful they are so far.
OP said to:
Originally Posted by MissinPieces

Basically, grade each rappers productivity thus, followed by a comment..............simple.
But it's a midterm grade, tho. AKA progress since the cover shoot, right?

Exactly, so actually gettin a release date on a major label and having 2 hit singles isn't progress? Yeah.... ya hatin
smh.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

I Think too many of you are basing this on how much you like the person...not how successful they are so far.
OP said to:

Basically, grade each rappers productivity thus, followed by a comment..............simple.
Duh Exactly
laugh.gif
. So you should be judging off the music released by each artist up to now. It can't be that hard. If you don't listen to the artist orhaven't heard any shh don't say shh cuz that falls on you.
Exactly, so actually gettin a release date on a major label and having 2 hit singles isn't progress? Yeah.... ya hatin
smh.gif
grin.gif

Wait who are you talking about?
laugh.gif
If it's Ace Hood itwouldn't matter because I think his music is garbage but that's my opinion. I mean props for getting that far but it don't mean shh if you trash.

Also you gettin productivity and progress confused. A rapper can make progress and not release any major project, just like a rapper can release 3 album and 40mixtapes and make no progress.

i've never really heard anything of ace hood so i cant say anything on him, same for currency, but i like charles, mickey, wale n cudi. not to sure aboutasher roth and b.o.b as of right now... kind of on the fence. but for new artist, a bunch of them has been releasing quality music.

OP said to:

Duh Exactly
laugh.gif
. So you should be judging off the music released by each artist up to now. It can't be that hard. If you don't listen to the artist or haven't heard any shh don't say shh cuz that falls on you.
smh.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
If it's Ace Hood it wouldn't matter because I think his music is garbage but that's my opinion. I mean props for getting that far but it don't mean shh if you trash.

Also you gettin productivity and progress confused. A rapper can make progress and not release any major project, just like a rapper can release 3 album and 40 mixtapes and make no progress.

Right, but that's not really the case with anyone here.

All the things I listed are true.

Cory Gunz hasn't done anything
Blu hasn't done anything
Ace Hood hasn't really done anything (I believe his album dropped at or AROUND the time of thecover)

(Maybe I'm wrong but the fact of the matter is its indefinite)

Everyone else that's NOT in that list has undoubtedly done SOMETHING noteworthy.

What you're saying makes perfect sense it just doesn't pertain to anyone in the CLASS OF '09

Wale- B sold out tour, semi major single
Asher- A+, dropped an album, 1st to do so, 2 solid singles, one semi classic video(for most of you not in a major college you wouldn't understand the buzz)
C.Hamilton-F...no further discussion
Ace hood-C- gaining a little buzz as of late but I'm still not impressed
Curren$y- B he released an album, I never heard it but he released it
Blu-B because he's that nice but hasn't done to much this year I'll agree with that
Mickey- C he's nice, but idk what he did this year
Cudi-A his buzz is outta this stratosphere even still
BoB- C i don't know what he did this year
corey gunz- D he did nothing this year

OP said to:

Duh Exactly
laugh.gif
. So you should be judging off the music released by each artist up to now. It can't be that hard. If you don't listen to the artist or haven't heard any shh don't say shh cuz that falls on you.
smh.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
If it's Ace Hood it wouldn't matter because I think his music is garbage but that's my opinion. I mean props for getting that far but it don't mean shh if you trash.

Also you gettin productivity and progress confused. A rapper can make progress and not release any major project, just like a rapper can release 3 album and 40 mixtapes and make no progress.
Right, but that's not really the case with anyone here.

All the things I listed are true.

Cory Gunz hasn't done anything
Blu hasn't done anything
Ace Hood hasn't really done anything (I believe his album dropped at or AROUND the time of the cover)

(Maybe I'm wrong but the fact of the matter is its indefinite)

Everyone else that's NOT in that list has undoubtedly done SOMETHING noteworthy.

What you're saying makes perfect sense it just doesn't pertain to anyone in the CLASS OF '09

Thank you for making it clear that you're completely ignorant of the music Blu has dropped this year I'm pretty sure I mentioned it twicein this thread when it comes to his 2 mixtapes. I even told you it's your problem and that you should blame yourself if you don't know about the musiche's released this year. So again you are wrong when it comes to what Blu has done so far this year.

Don't try and say mixtapes don't count since Asher's the only one that has dropped an album this year so far(I don't check for Ace Hood...anymore).

Alrigtht fine, I'm not up on my Blu, shoot me.

But if you saw my initial list I said that'd be a plus if Wale dropped HIS Mixtape and that B.O.B is heavy on features so thats not what I was getting at.

Alrigtht fine, I'm not up on my Blu, shoot me.

But if you saw my initial list I said that'd be a plus if Wale dropped HIS Mixtape and that B.O.B is heavy on features so thats not what I was getting at.
I saw ya list but I'm lost if you're not basing it off the music you heard from said artist(including mixtapes) what are you basing it on?IMO the buzz/hype, label deal, etc. is the extra stuff that'll be considered after the music and what you got in mind for that grade. If I was gradingstrictly off the albums they managed to produce most would get Fs. I mean that's why I left comments next to my grades speaking on that.

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

i actuallly think C. Hamilton is aiight. i dont have any of his music, but i have before and it was aight.

i dont care about his whackness as a human, cuz i cant see any of that when i listen to music.
Basically, so few ppl actually comment about his music and then say it's whack. It always seemed to me a lot of ppl just don't like a dude they don't know and judge from interviews and other vids on the net. My suggestion is don't watch that shhh
laugh.gif

HypeBeast you fail for giving Blu a F grade with know explanation and Asher an A-
laugh.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
How you gonna give Blu a higher grad then Asher? I rock with Blu but honestly no casual hip hop fan even knows who he is, and Asher just put out a solid album
eyes.gif
Yea, man Blu is cool and all but I would like a detailed blueprint of what Blu has done this year accompanied by a color-coded legend in the corner.
laugh.gif
Who gives a !$#! about the casual hip hop fan?
laugh.gif

Musically, Blu has simply done more than every other rapper listed. Now yall wanna know what he's done in 09? I don't know you have a point there, we've only gotten a mixtape of previously released myspace tracks from him, a mixtape that's still better than half of these other bammas entire careers to date.
Basically. Yall other two sound ridiculous going off what OP said alone what yall saying is irrelevant. It's off what they produced so far. Blu got two mixtapes and Asher maybe has another mixtape and his album. Just cuz it's an album doesn't make it better. Blu's 2 joints this year is better than anything Asher has ever done in every category. Blame yourself because you aint get to hear it or cuz you didn't know he had music released
laugh.gif
. Talking about the casual hip hop listener as if it's some point in this thread.
Like I stated earlier I listen to Blu, heard all of his mixtapes, and hes a far better MC then Asher. But theres know way that you can possiblysay that since this cover was taken that hes put in more work
laugh.gif

^What are you saying put in more work? You talkin like Asher's album had 40tracks of gold on it
laugh.gif
I mean be serious you went from talking about the casual hip hop listener tothis bs.

I mean maybe you confusing fame and who's more known for productivity.

No but what im saying is getting a studio album made and put out there takes alot more work then what blu has put out since this cover

I mean maybe you confusing fame for and who's more known for productivity.

That's why I hate posting here, old popularity contest #!% +%$*%#.
laugh.gif

I'm going off with who is gaining more ground with the common public (not people on blogs searching for new music everyday)

Cudi(A) had a big single everybody and they mama was singing that %%#*

Asher(c+) had a good first single, released album

Wale (C) nike boots gave him a lil buzz, but he needs to release BTTF asap

Currenssy (C) has been keeping his buzz steady

Mickey(D) the only thing I've seen homie in was a honda ad most people don't know who he is

BoB(C-) dude released a single and a mixtape,but it just didn't take off hopefully when tip gets situated he will be good

Corey(F) dude hasn't done squat to get noticed by the general public

Ace(C) dude isn't the best artist but his affiliations will keep his name out there

Blu(C+) dude may be a better artist than everyone on this list, but he hasn't done anything to get the general public to notice him

Charlie H(D) brooklyn girls had a lil buzz, but most people will know him from his L's than his music Son is a lil too cocky for most people. The onlything he has going for him is his work ethic, you shoot enough jumpers you bound to make one

Cudi is trash. I dont see his appeal. He cant perform either.

I dunno who's d--- got fellated for Ace Hood to make that cover.

Originally Posted by solefood229

I'm going off with who is gaining more ground with the common public (not people on blogs searching for new music everyday)

Mickey(D) the only thing I've seen homie in was a honda ad most people don't know who he is

BoB(C-) dude released a single and a mixtape,but it just didn't take off hopefully when tip gets situated he will be good

Ace(C) dude isn't the best artist but his affiliations will keep his name out there

Blu(C+) dude may be a better artist than everyone on this list, but he hasn't done anything to get the general public to notice him

Charlie H(D) brooklyn girls had a lil buzz, but most people will know him from his L's than his music Son is a lil too cocky for most people. The only thing he has going for him is his work ethic, you shoot enough jumpers you bound to make one

This is accurate

Wale- C ( iono he has a slight buzz, but nothing hard pause* needs to drop already.)
B.o.B- D+ (few songs nothing special)
Charles Hamilton- D ( cuz he has some aight songs, but really getting punched by that girl??????? not passing)
Asher Roth- B (y? cuz college, every one knew that song, and he was on mtv, them little sequnces wen the roll credits wen the shows over,albumalso)
Cory Gunz-F ( cory who?? no hustle)
Blu- D ( hes aightbut wats he doing to get out there??? aint kno one kno dude)
Mickey Factz- F ( he aint doing ne thing)
Ace Hood- A (soo he might not be good to yall, but gutta was nice, imo. hes got alotta people cosigning him)
Curren$y- F (not doing ne thing)
Kid Cudi- B ( day and night, people jocking mad hard, mtv clips, on 808s and heartbreaks)

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Originally Posted by solefood229

Charlie H(D) brooklyn girls had a lil buzz, but most people will know him from his L's than his music Son is a lil too cocky for most people. The only thing he has going for him is his work ethic, you shoot enough jumpers you bound to make one

This is accurate

Wale- b
B.o.B- c
Charles Hamilton- f
Asher Roth- b+
Cory Gunz- d
Blu- f
Mickey Factz- f
Ace Hood- c
Curren$y- c
Kid Cudi- b-

Back