Yahoo Sports: Brett Favre to stay retired.

pimp.gif

[h1]Source: Favre rebuffs Vikings, will stay retired[/h1]
By Rick Schwartz, Yahoo! Sports 56 minutes ago

The Minnesota Vikings will not sign free-agent quarterbackBrett Favre(notes), a source close to the team told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday.

The source said Favre told Vikings coach Brad Childress that he wanted to remain retired in a phone call that took place sometime in the last day. Favre isexpected to publicly explain his decision soon.

Favre, who announced his first retirement in March 2008 after spending 16 seasons with the Green Bay Packers, decided to resume his career last summer andwas traded to the New York Jets in August. After one season in New York,Favre retired again and was subsequently released by the Jets on April 29.

Just days after his release from the Jets, speculation began that the Vikings were interested in bringing in a veteran to compete with Sage Rosenfels(notes), who was acquired this offseason from the Houston Texans. Rosenfels is atop the depth chart heading into training camp,with Tarvaris Jackson and John David Booty(notes)also on the roster.

This is actually a shock to me because they JUST went from meeting to Brett opting to surgery on his bicep to...nothing.

All of this meant nothing.

I have a sad feeling this will continue until Brett Favre dies. Seriously, ESPN would ask if he'd play at 70.

I'd be lying if I said I'm not disappointed...but what can you do.

The thing is...we all thought the whole thing was done when he texted Dilfer, "NO"...but then the next day we heard he was meeting with Childress...

Don't be surprised if in July this whole story rises to the surface again.

Thank god....now we can get to the next step we've all been waiting for. Brett Favre in studio 17 weeks a year.

"Coming up on NFL Countdown.....A world exclusive: ESPN NFL analyst Brett Favre interviews himself."

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Thank god....now we can get to the next step we've all been waiting for. Brett Favre in studio 17 weeks a year.

"Coming up on NFL Countdown.....A world exclusive: ESPN NFL analyst Brett Favre interviews himself."
Coming up on NFL Countdown...John Madden returns to ESPN

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Coming up on NFL Countdown...John Madden returns to ESPN
alien.gif
....He never worked for ESPN.

Back
Top Bottom