Yall still shoppin at grocery stores tho?

i grow my own or buy directly from small farms that dont spray (way more organic than that fake USDA stuff). id rather support locals than limousine liberals in california.

went to the farmers market today, copped some zucchini and snap peas off 2 cute amish girls
nthat.gif

Im supportive of your decision to go the organic/local route, but if you're going to create a thread about this, at least inform people of why you are doing it (ie. grocery store produce is riddled with GMOs, the products in the store use sneaky marketing techniques to sell you on "natural" products, farmer's market food can sometimes even be CHEAPER etc.)

Right now, you're just as good as the guy who stumbles across a book, reads it, and judges everyone else who hasn't read it. It's that sort of pretentious and elitist attitude that makes it difficult to support.

Got your own slaughterhouse shop too?
nah b, i dont eat dead animal flesh
WHAT'S YOUR POINT
my point is grocery stores sell trash and are overpriced. if you've ever grown your own food or gone to a farmers market you'll see how much better it tastes. grocery stores arent fresh cuz its shipped halfway across the country or world. the fruit is usually picked way too early and sold not ripe. i dont trust USDA "organic" either since they can still use pesticides.
this could've been a great and informative thread about home gardens and buying locally.

instead you choose to chastise those who find it more convenient to shop at big grocery stores.

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

seriously though, find a local farmers market in your area or farms that you can buy from. ask them about their growing practices, a lot of farms arent certified USDA organic because it takes a lot of time and money. most dont have that kind of money where its worth it but they will be more organic than the certified.

in terms of growing your own i recommend everyone grow no matter how small. i dont grow much cuz i dont have the space but i try to do as much as i can. greens, lettuce, herbs, peppers, melons, cucumber, tomatoes, squash, sweet potatoes are what im growing this year. seeds cost me $1-2, you need to look for open pollinated seeds.

another thing i do is buy from the food terminal, if you live in a big city there will be one. you can pay wholesale for fruits/vegetables.

we also have a public market here where you can get organic stuff for cheaper than grocery stores sells conventional.

read up on wild edibles in your area
nthat.gif

nah.  do farmers markets take food stamps?  i'm fine, 32 years of eating at grocery stores, too late to change now.

Those 2 amish girls probably saw your smug smile look that you permanently have your whole life when you came in with your stupid organic zucchini and snap peas and laughed their *** of when you left the door. Then they drove back to the city on their Hummer and had dinner with 2 guys much better than you; all while talking about the clown that came into their store and bought their fake organic snap peas.

nah.  do farmers markets take food stamps?  i'm fine, 32 years of eating at grocery stores, too late to change now.

in a lot of states they do. I know in Louisiana they've got some system set up with the farmer's market where the state will match the EBT purchases effectively doubling your purchasing power when you shop at a farmers market. There should be a better way of getting that information out to people that receive benefits, because you really can get better deals on stuff from the markets.

in a lot of states they do. I know in Louisiana they've got some system set up with the farmer's market where the state will match the EBT purchases effectively doubling your purchasing power when you shop at a farmers market. There should be a better way of getting that information out to people that receive benefits, because you really can get better deals on stuff from the markets.
repped, did not know this - to be fair, i didn't look 
laugh.gif
 but will now.

farmers market in hollywood every sunday was the best.

where you get your seeds? how do you know they're non-gmo?

Back
Top Bottom