Yao Ming to miss remainder of postseason

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by MALI700

he needs to stop playing over the summer in China
Agreed, but the Chinese government will never let him stop. I have always felt sympathy for his situation. Get better Yao.

Go Lakers!
i know he's very patriotic but what would happen if he one day said screw you guys, moved all his family and loved ones here to the usa andstopped giving the chinese government half his salary and stopped playing for them in the summers.

tired.gif

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

Agreed, but the Chinese government will never let him stop. I have always felt sympathy for his situation. Get better Yao.

Go Lakers!
i know he's very patriotic but what would happen if he one day said screw you guys, moved all his family and loved ones here to the usa and stopped giving the chinese government half his salary and stopped playing for them in the summers.
I wish he would. But several things have to happen. The Chinese government would have to allow all of his family to leave (if they all wantedout at once, I am sure they would know something was up). I wouldn't put it beyond the Chinese government to put any remaining family members in prison astraitors. Knowing the way our backwards court system works in this country the Chinese government would sue the NBA for the remainder of his contract and win. But we don't have to worry about that because he is brain-washed with patriotism.

I feel really bad for him, have been since I heard of his situation.

They only take half? I thought I heard it was a lot more than that; I could have sworn that I heard the Government gets paid and then they give him the money.

do you think yao needs to shed some weight? dude use to be a little more agile, but then again he was younger.

I think it's more of Yao's height than it is his weight.

He doesn't have a build like Dwight Howard, he's strong don't get me wrong, but he's not pure muscle like freaks like Dwight are.

Injuries are a thing big men have to deal with, it's just Yao's so huge and so talented, he puts himself out there and at risk.

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

Go Lakers!
i know he's very patriotic but what would happen if he one day said screw you guys, moved all his family and loved ones here to the usa and stopped giving the chinese government half his salary and stopped playing for them in the summers.
I wish he would. But several things have to happen. The Chinese government would have to allow all of his family to leave (if they all wanted out at once, I am sure they would know something was up). I wouldn't put it beyond the Chinese government to put any remaining family members in prison as traitors. Knowing the way our backwards court system works in this country the Chinese government would sue the NBA for the remainder of his contract and win. But we don't have to worry about that because he is brain-washed with patriotism.

I feel really bad for him, have been since I heard of his situation.

They only take half? I thought I heard it was a lot more than that; I could have sworn that I heard the Government gets paid and then they give him the money.
I remember hearing something that it was in the range of half but this was back in 2002 when he was about to get drafted. Yeah I wouldn'tput it past the Chinese government to try and do something like that if he were to stop doing everything they want.

It sucks for Yao though, he's a good dude, works hard, great team personality. Pretty much everything you look for in your star player. It sucks all theinjuries he's had as well.

I think so too...Well, for the sake of the Rockets, but did playing for China last summer really have anything to do with his injury? Maybe, but I doubt it.

I feel bad for the guy. One of the best big men out there and he always gives his all to the team. I'm sure he'll bounce back though next season.

As for his commitment to playing for China, I believe he's done now after the the Beijing Olympics. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I rememberedreading somewhere that that would be his last time playing international ball.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

anyone else think Yao's excessive height clearly lends him to all of these leg injuries?

he has an extensive history of leg/foot problems.. he still moves well for somebody his size, but it's like his lower body has trouble supporting his height
smh.gif

well no *@*$ downtown
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom