yasiel puig bout to start breaking everybody's records brah vol. next bo jackson

OP is on point.  What an apt comparison!  These guys are built alike, play with the same intensity, I just hope Puig can avoid injury.  Bo Jax in my eyes was the best pure athlete of our generation.  Such a shame he lost that hip with such a freak injury.  He was heading towards legend status.  If you guys ever get a chance to watch ESPN's 30for30 special on him it is really an incredible watch.  I hope Puig can keep this going!

It's been a month I guess we've all forgotten about him 
laugh.gif

OP is on point.  What an apt comparison!  These guys are built alike, play with the same intensity, I just hope Puig can avoid injury.  Bo Jax in my eyes was the best pure athlete of our generation.  Such a shame he lost that hip with such a freak injury.  He was heading towards legend status.  If you guys ever get a chance to watch ESPN's 30for30 special on him it is really an incredible watch.  I hope Puig can keep this going!

just watched this today actually... great watch for sure :pimp:

Y'all think Puig deserves to be an allstar? kinda reminds me when Jeremy Lin went on a hot streak right before the all star break

No. Playing 1 month is not long enough to be an all star

If I was going to the game, I'd MUCH rather see Puig playing than anyone else up for the fan vote. Yes, there are guys on there who have been sustaining good play so far this year, but Puig is flat out exciting to watch.

*Was Bryce Harper deserving last year? Probably not...but fans want to see him.

I dont think 5 weeks of playing at an All Star level is worthy of someone making the All Star Team.  However, as a fan of the game, I absolutely want to watch him play.

If I was going to the game, I'd MUCH rather see Puig playing than anyone else up for the fan vote. Yes, there are guys on there who have been sustaining good play so far this year, but Puig is flat out exciting to watch.

*Was Bryce Harper deserving last year? Probably not...but fans want to see him.
Harper only went to the game because of an injury replacement. I'd love to see Puig in the game though, I'm shocked that Freddie Freeman is leading the Final Vote right now...

Yasiel Puig is 19th in the NL in WAR. He is a star. He deserves to be in the game.

Dudes acting like an ASG spot is worthy of an "is he deserving" debate. No, not when each team has to have one representative so guys like Jose Veras make it.

There is no "games played" minimum requirement for an All-Star Game spot. It's called ALL STAR. Puig has been a star. His story is good for the ASG and will improve ratings. It's a showcase of talent for the game, not strictly a reward for first-half performance and ability to play in 80+ games.

What does that have to do with this thread?  And are you insinuating that he isn't deserving?

Bochy picked his guys. Why is Scutaro in the game? Is there really a need for three second basemen on the squad, Phillips and Carpenter are enough. If you want another second baseman, wouldn't Chase Utley be a better choice.

Bumgarner is questionable.

-Not top 10 in WAR
-Not top 10 in ERA
- Outside or in the bottom half of the top 10 in most categories.
- Solid pitcher, yes, All Star, meh.

I dont think 5 weeks of playing at an All Star level is worthy of someone making the All Star Team

Almost as bad as rewarding people for past performances. This isn't the lifetime achievement game.

IM.....I hear what you are saying about Bochy picking his guys.  I dont have a problem with it.  Before you claim it is a Giants related bias, I have no problem with Leyland picking his guys either. Do you have a problem with this?  Why is Justin Verlander an All star?  Like you already said, this isnt a lifetime achievement award.  What about Jhonny Peralta?  Isnt he in the exact same situation as Scutaro?

Back to Puig.....I have already stated that I want him to be in the game because I love watching him play.  But I have a question for you.  Does Justin Upton deserve to be an All Star?  Because he performed like the best player in the Major Leagues for a month also. 

Last edited:
I have no problem with what Bochy and Leyland did, and why they chose their guys. It's the way it's always been. I just find it funny when flashy new talent comes in the fold, last year with Harper and this year with Puig people start making up rules on who "deserves" a spot.

Bochy and Leyland's argument is simple: "You have a problem with me picking my guys, go out and win the pennant and pick your guys next year."

It's a game for the fans, and there are a lot of fans that want to see Puig in the game. Wish there was a way to get Hanley in there since he's been playing just as good, if not better, than Puig.

If the All Star game was in May, no doubt Upton should've deserved a spot on the AS team, :lol:.

Yasiel Puig is 19th in the NL in WAR. He is a star. He deserves to be in the game.

Dudes acting like an ASG spot is worthy of an "is he deserving" debate. No, not when each team has to have one representative so guys like Jose Veras make it.

There is no "games played" minimum requirement for an All-Star Game spot. It's called ALL STAR. Puig has been a star. His story is good for the ASG and will improve ratings. It's a showcase of talent for the game, not strictly a reward for first-half performance and ability to play in 80+ games.
It's nice to see that someone gets it. Repped!

Back
Top Bottom