yasiel puig bout to start breaking everybody's records brah vol. next bo jackson

Puig gives the NL a better chance to win than just about anybody... The All Star Game actually will end up meaning something to one team

we shouldn't focus on how long hes been playing this season. focus on what hes done now.
hes def an all star.
others are just mad they aren't putting up the same numbers with more games played than the cuban kid

yo am i tripping or has the media been kind of against dude

For some weird reason that's what it seems like, and I'm not sure why. Puig's even said himself he's not a big fan of all this attention. I almost don't want him to make it, seems like everyone's out to trash the kid :lol:

yo am i tripping or has the media been kind of against dude

From what I've heard, he's been reluctant to speak with the media...for whatever reasons he has. Not sure if it's the Dodgers who are restricting him or if it's Puig himself.

The whole Luis Gonzalez incident didn't help at all either. Actually surprised it hasn't really been talked about much on BSPN.

He doesn't have media training an just got to this country.

Being accustomed to Cuba your whole life and then coming here and to be on this national stage isn't an easy adjustment.

Not to mention the media is always up your ***.

Give the dude time to adjust.

Imagine if he were in a media market like New York? Imagine how much more scrutiny he'd be under if he was wearing a Yankee or Mets jersey.

Isn't Puig advised by Don Mattingly not to speak to the media? I know his comfort level is not there yet.

He speaks to Spanish speaking reporters only from what I hear. He's still getting adjusted here.

Last edited:
PR department is coaching him constantly, simply because he isn't accustomed to the spotlight. In Cuba, there are no spotlights.

It's a whole different beast. American born athletes start dealing with the media as early as high school. Some take classes on how to deal with the media at major universities.

He doesn't feel comfortable speaking to the American/English speaking media.

The whole Luis Gonzalez incident didn't help at all either. Actually surprised it hasn't really been talked about much on BSPN.

I don't watch ESPN with the exception being ATH and PTI which I DVR religiously. They touched on it, but everyone was kind of understanding and gave Puig the benefit of the doubt. Simply stating that he is new to this country, so the public shouldn't be too quick to rush to judgement.

tough call with him regarding the ASG... i can see why some people think he isn't deserving to be in it just yet since he's only played a little over a month compared to other players who have kept it up all season. however, i think what he's done starting off his career up until this point can't be overlooked & he would definitely add more excitement to the game, so i'd like to see him play.

Last edited:
I'm actually pretty happy he didn't make it. Pressure is off his shoulders and he can start focusing on playing for the love of the game again. He will get his turn next year. If anything, let him show the rest of the nation/media what they've been missing. :pimp:

Congrats to Freeman I guess

Back
Top Bottom