Yates High School Basketball team

This team would have given the TJ Ford/Dan Ewing Willowridge the business, they've been so dominant

Been quite a few threads on this team in the last couple months.
they murkin' teams 
eek.gif
eek.gif

that kid Davis lookin like Kwame Brown.

that team reminds me of my summer league team when we pressed all the time whenever we scored buckets. it puts more pressure to the other team.

eek.gif
  That oop was nasty.  Can't believe a high school kid got up that high ...

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

that kid Davis lookin like Kwame Brown.

that team reminds me of my summer league team when we pressed all the time whenever we scored buckets. it puts more pressure to the other team.

eek.gif

Originally Posted by 0cks

This team would have given the TJ Ford/Dan Ewing Willowridge the business, they've been so dominant
Um no! Not even close. I saw them play in Austin both their junior and senior years.... Yates depends on the press and that wasnt gonna happen against the 2 best guards in the country in 2001. They were both turnover free and pressing them wasnt even an option. 5 major D-1 starters too with a monster front line. Yates is a very solid team in this era tho and unbeatable

Tweeted about the game while i was at the game....

Yates was basically toying with them the whole game, shot 35 3s created turnovers at will ( 34)...
if it wasnt for #11 and #1 bailing The Colony time and again it could of got real ugly.

They were giving up layup after layup in order to get back out in transition...

They werent overly impressive in person but when you shoot 95 times and shoot 20 something free throws youre going to score 100+ easy.
I dont think they werent at their best tonight tho
sick.gif

#23, you guys must be talking about Brandon "Snap" Peters, i remember before his senior year all he could do was
jump out the gym. dude really worked on his game props to him.

Peters headed to Western Kentucky
Joe Young headed to Providence

supposedly 8 out of 15 players have scholarship offers
eek.gif

The talent in the city ain't nowhere near where it use to be. Greg Wise is a AAU coach and that team is basically a AAU tram.

They have been thoroughly dominant all season but I couldn't see em beating a Willowridge team from back in the day.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

what the school zones and rules for schools in houston?

seems like all the good players in houston go to this school.

Yates is a 4A High School. It's an open enrollment, so yeah, pretty much anyone could go there basically.

It doesn't apply to all schools out here in Houston.

I went to about 10 yates games this season and games were over before halftime. One game was 34-0 at one point and 91-16 at HALFTIME I believe. They sold out a high school basketball arena that seats 8,000 last weekend 2 hours before tip-off plus traffic was back up bout 7 miles to get there.

Brandon Snap Peters (23) jumps crazy high for a person that's  6'1 or 6'2
check him out in this dunk contest (red shirt)

I remember that dude Swanginon4z or soemthing made a thread about this team, and just cuz of who he was the thread got nothing but hate.

Yates is a real good team, but they would not compete with Willowridge 01' or the Dallas Lincoln 02' team. Season isn't over, I think Lancaster can pull it off, but I wouldn't be surprised with the outcome whichever way it goes.

Back
Top Bottom