Yo! are video games bad for you? IYO

I am not gonna lie I play my PS3 almost with all my free time *almost* mainly socom and MGS
btw(psn name Beast4ya)

but anyways Dr. Phillip said that video games are harmful and @!% cause some dude died from everquest addiction and dudes losing jobs and stuff over WoW (showson right now)

i played WoW *for like a month* addicting but im not much of a fiend.

i think you can only give a full synopsis of video games unless you've played them....

this is coming from a highschool kid with a 3.5 GPA so my life isnt ruined
alien.gif

what about you NT?

HAHA dude said he was an "elemental Shaman" lol

i was like this when i saw this show...

then went back to socom

Now adays with how much social networking goes on with online systems like XBL I don't think they're bad for you. Obviously if you're on them 8hours a day there will be issues but for the average person there's really no harm.

The old images of D&D nerds locked in their rooms has passed us and now the everyday person is considered a gamer. Too bad all this came late for me.Gaming in the 90s...killin me

Everything costs way too much money (movies,going out) so yeah man, give me a good video game and I'm set.

Only if you get addicted to them, but if you get addicted to a video game, your life must've sucked prior to playing it so
ohwell.gif

I was playing Super Mario Bros in my diapers
pimp.gif

Dr. Phil is a tampon who cares what he has to say. And that gif is from Arrested Development.

I used to play video games all the time. Then I got moved on my job from the first shift to the third, and with that and school I really can't find thetime. I can't wait to I get another day job
smh.gif
. I wouldn't say their bad, just play them in moderation and you'll be fine.

Originally Posted by Freshly Snipes

Everything in moderation.
exactly. if you're playing video games as ONE of several hobbies, while still making time for socializing with friends and girls and familyand whatnot, then it's perfectly ok.

But (to me at least) the people that play video games as their main hobby and with all their free time (going on xbox live or whatever, WoW, etc.), thesepeople are harming themselves. Both in terms of social aspects (ie will become loners, losers) and it can't be too healthy for your mind/vision/etc to playthat much video games

Actually video games can improve your vision. Assuming you're not 5 feet from the screen.

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Where is the .gif from?

idk

i just

right click+ save
Arrested Development.

To answer the question. it depends on the person.

As with anything, people become addicted and invest too much time and money into it where video games affects other parts of their lives, work, family,friends, etc.

For me, I see it as a fun and interesting way to spend free time. A 60 dollar game will give me hundreds of hours of entertainment, and that's how I lookat it. I do make sure to incorporate other things to spend my free time on, reading, sports, etc.

Originally Posted by Crook

exactly. if you're playing video games as ONE of several hobbies, while still making time for socializing with friends and girls and family and whatnot, then it's perfectly ok.

But (to me at least) the people that play video games as their main hobby and with all their free time (going on xbox live or whatever, WoW, etc.), these people are harming themselves. Both in terms of social aspects (ie will become loners, losers) and it can't be too healthy for your mind/vision/etc to play that much video games

well i only got 2 video games...with that and BBall practice and whatever other stuff i hardly have time...

im only allowed to play on the weekend...now that i look back i thank my parents lol
alien.gif

Originally Posted by Crook

exactly. if you're playing video games as ONE of several hobbies, while still making time for socializing with friends and girls and family and whatnot, then it's perfectly ok.

But (to me at least) the people that play video games as their main hobby and with all their free time (going on xbox live or whatever, WoW, etc.), these people are harming themselves. Both in terms of social aspects (ie will become loners, losers) and it can't be too healthy for your mind/vision/etc to play that much video games

Too much of anything is BAD for you.. me personally, I try to stay away now since HALO 1st came out.. I used to play that thing with the homiez all day andnight.. and I knew it got bad one day when I was playing in my room (its a dark room where you cant tell if its daytime or nighttime cause of the blinds andcurtains) and next thing you know, I moved the curtains and it was 6AM!! I get a horrible feeling about myself when Im unproductive or stay up all nightknowing Ill be sleeping all day.. (unless, of course I have a fine "NEW" female next to me..) but thats another story! Also, in my younger days, Iused to play TETRIS alot & got TETRISized!! IT'S the worst feeling!! Its hard to go to sleep cause all you see is DAMN shapes in your head andyou're trying to fit them together!! UNNNGGGGGGHHHHHHH.. I hated it.. Ill play games every now and then, but I dont wanna buy another system or play longerthan an hour or two!! You can be doing more productive things like trying to make internet money or work out at the gym, & for some, reading a good book...thats my 2 cents... so yeah, I would say video games can be harmful for you if you play too long!!

Originally Posted by DavyJones

yes this guy is addicted he dnt come out his room ever he playin metal gear i bet
NT dont listen to this hype beast

im getting ready to make a pyp thread and put your picture on there..

*try me*

It's perfectly fine as long as you're not addicted to it, and becoming addicted to video games is difficult if you live a somewhat productive life.

i play xbox damn near any free time i get and i play for hours on end, and im fine, i get good grades, i have a girlfriend, and im still active, so i'd sayno, not at all

Back
Top Bottom