YO! Can flirting be innocent? Does flirting suggest you're available?...

5,520
182
Joined Jun 13, 2006
YO! Sitting here bored, stopped on an episode of Tough Love. One of the girls said that "flirting means you're single."

I'm not necessarily inclined to agree. Speaking from the perspective of someone with no "girlfriend", but for years I didn't even know exactly what flirting was. Curious to hear what people in/have been in relationships think.

DF!!!
 
5,058
288
Joined Sep 17, 2003
To me, it's not flirting until there's touching involved. For example, when a chick play punches you or vice versa. Any less than that, and it's just conversing. Then again, I've been with my lady for 6 years, and I don't really come into contact with random chicks... I mostly just talk to girls I already know, and they know my girl, so there's definitely no flirting or suggestive conversation haha.

Waits for the simp comments lol.
 
2,732
339
Joined Feb 26, 2004
i will flirt with a chick just to see if I still have "it".
I've been married almost 10 years and I have a line I will and have not crossed.
it can be dangerous, you just have to know when to back off, throw it down into 1st gear.
and I'm a hypocrite. cause if my wife did that? i'd be heated.
she knows I throw stuff out there now and then. she knows i'm coming home to her.

-J-
 
5,520
182
Joined Jun 13, 2006
YO!
Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

To me, it's not flirting until there's touching involved. For example, when a chick play punches you or vice versa. Any less than that, and it's just conversing.
That's basically what I always thought. I'd meet random girls at the grocery store or at a friend's apartment, chat with her for a few and that be the end. No phone numbers, e-mails exchanged. I go my way and she go hers.

I tell friends of mine that I don't ever aspire to be a player; I just like chics! An interesting convo with a cute girl is the business... only comes second to getting up in them draws.


DF!!!
 
3,997
92
Joined Jun 15, 2002
i say it depends where you at...

i work in sales so sometimes i flirt a little to see if can get them to buy more

but if I did the samething at the club/bar it may seem like im available

but like JBug said... in all instances there is a line
 
13,868
44
Joined Jan 22, 2008
It does, but sometimes it would happen without meaning to do it. Just as long as you dont get too far that the person might get the wrong signal.

something you get these simps tho that be buying coffee and $#!^ for a chick everyday
 
2,737
10
Joined Jul 4, 2004
Intention has a lot to do with it. If your intent is just to carry a light-hearted and fun conversation, then that's all it is. If you're trying to pull a number at the end of it, then you might wanna be single for those kinds of activities.
 
8,770
2,416
Joined Jan 3, 2005
it can be dangerous, you just have to know when to back off, throw it down into 1st gear.

Like homey said, theres lines that can be crossed, just
as long as u know ur role, assuming ur in a relationship.
 
816
22
Joined Oct 15, 2008
it does give the impression that your single but for me being in a relationship...I use it as a way to keep options open

to me it isn't cheating unless your intentions are to cheat..
 
2,141
30
Joined Mar 2, 2009
Flirting does not mean you're single. People in relationships flirt all the time, it can be innocent as long as you're not the one to take it far.
 
2,670
10
Joined Nov 28, 2009
Originally Posted by stoneyjax

i say it depends where you at...

i work in sales so sometimes i flirt a little to see if can get them to buy more


but if I did the samething at the club/bar it may seem like im available

but like JBug said... in all instances there is a line
I used to work retail and I'd flirt to get women to buy more and it usually worked whether they were married/in a relationship. Flirting is fun even when you know you're not going to smash. I know the game so anytime I go into any store and a chick is helping me I don't pay her flirting any mind, its all so they can get more sales. I just give em the
face keep it moving
 
8,790
5,581
Joined May 9, 2004
Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!
Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

To me, it's not flirting until there's touching involved. For example, when a chick play punches you or vice versa. Any less than that, and it's just conversing.
That's basically what I always thought. I'd meet random girls at the grocery store or at a friend's apartment, chat with her for a few and that be the end. No phone numbers, e-mails exchanged. I go my way and she go hers.

I tell friends of mine that I don't ever aspire to be a player; I just like chics! An interesting convo with a cute girl is the business... only comes second to getting up in them draws.


DF!!!


As for flirting... for me personally, if im flirting it means i would smash under the correct circumstances...

More often then not nothing will come of it. For instance i might be taken, or they might be taken. They might not even be interested or worst still they might be gay etc but it's just my signal to them, to let them know i'd excavate their gizzards given the chance.
 
1,903
12
Joined Apr 10, 2010
I run my demo all the time single or otherwise. I'm a man. I'm attracted to women. That doesn't mean I want you. I wish a chick would trip on me.. I can't help it, I have a way with women and a way with words... it's GONNA happen. Deal with it. It's not like I'm making contact with shorty. I'm just being fly with the rhetoric, that's all
 
17,896
781
Joined Jan 20, 2006
Originally Posted by AirAnt23

for years I didn't even know exactly what flirting was. .

DF!!!

On My Twins... I used/still get accused of flirting on a regular basis when I'm just making conversation ...
 
1,903
12
Joined Apr 10, 2010
Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

for years I didn't even know exactly what flirting was. .

DF!!!

On My Twins... I used/still get accused of flirting on a regular basis when I'm just making conversation ...
I'm over here like, "Damn this %%!*% had TWINS?!"

 
2,105
11
Joined Dec 19, 2007
Originally Posted by Juice2352

Flirting does not mean you're single. People in relationships flirt all the time, it can be innocent as long as you're not the one to take it far.
this.
you gotta know how to establish boundaries.
 
5,811
393
Joined Jan 30, 2007
Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

for years I didn't even know exactly what flirting was. .

DF!!!

On My Twins... I used/still get accused of flirting on a regular basis when I'm just making conversation ...
Same here.

Funny thing is,  I can actually flirt with ugly chics and the wife will think nothing of it,  but god forbid I even look in the direction of some hotness.
 
5,681
10
Joined May 2, 2008
Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

I run my demo all the time single or otherwise. I'm a man. I'm attracted to women. That doesn't mean I want you. I wish a chick would trip on me.. I can't help it, I have a way with women and a way with words... it's GONNA happen. Deal with it. It's not like I'm making contact with shorty. I'm just being fly with the rhetoric, that's all
 

aceofjays

Supporter
3,128
247
Joined Apr 18, 2005
I don't think flirting is innocent at all. Just think about it this way, if your significant other was sitting next to you, would you still feel comfortable saying/doing what you are with that other person.

Now, it may come down to an individuals personal set of morals, but I believe if you're flirting, you're making yourself seem interested and wanting to pursue the person you're flirting with.
 
17,896
781
Joined Jan 20, 2006
Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

for years I didn't even know exactly what flirting was. .

DF!!!

On My Twins... I used/still get accused of flirting on a regular basis when I'm just making conversation ...
I'm over here like, "Damn this %%!*% had TWINS?!"


Nah just the two I was born with
 
2,670
10
Joined Nov 28, 2009
Originally Posted by aceofjays

I don't think flirting is innocent at all. 
Like someone said before its all in your intent. If you're just a nice person and you're talking a female she might mistake your kindness for flirting so it all goes hand in hand
 
2,688
57
Joined Jun 3, 2009
i just like to see if i still have it... sometimes, i do it for the benefits. (i.e. free stuff, talk my way out of tickets, etc.)
 
2,914
489
Joined Jan 29, 2007
it can be dangerous, you just have to know when to back off, throw it down into 1st gear.

Cosign...

I normally dont think that I'm flirting because I have no interest in the chicks whatsoever...

After a while, they start to eat my words up and try to move in on me lol, but get mad when they find out I have a girlfriend...

But all the chicks that I "flirt" with say that I flirt too much to have a girlfriend... (most of them arent too attractive
)

Oh, and this:


and I'm a hypocrite. cause if my wife did that? i'd be heated.
 
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now