YO! Can flirting be innocent? Does flirting suggest you're available?...

Originally Posted by aceofjays

Now, it may come down to an individuals personal set of morals, but I believe if you're flirting, you're making yourself seem interested and wanting to pursue the person you're flirting with.
We're human beings, our primary function is procreating. If I'm flirting w/a chick I'm not just making it seem like I'm interested, I AM INTERESTED. Flirting is not a crime - regardless of relationship status. Keep it in your pants and everything is cool. With respect to flirting w/your significant other around... that's just disrespectful. Obviously you should be flirting w/him/her if that's who you're going home w/. My lady knows I flirt w/girls, but she also knows that I'm not going home w/any of these chicks. I'd equate it to going 65mph in a 65 zone. Its legal, stop sweating it.
Chick on OP's favorite show sounds like a prude. I don't even know what show he's talking about but she's probably a regular Angelina-from-Jersey-Shore type.

YO!
Originally Posted by stoneyjax

i work in sales so sometimes i flirt a little to see if can get them to buy more

Ditto for me. I'm in broads faces all day with all 32 of my not so pearly whites showing - trying to make that dollar.
[qoute=aceofjays]I don't think flirting is innocent at all. Just think about it this way, if your significant other was sitting next to you, would you still feel comfortable saying/doing what you are with that other person.[/quote]
I understand that point. In fact, a dude who works with me (he's married) uses that logic. But speaking for myself, I've been on "dates" at restaraunts and flirted with countless waitress/hostesses by some people's definition... And what's my flirting get me? A discount on the bill!

In those cases, the girl I was with usually made a favorable comment about my behavior. BUT I'm not silly enough to think that if said girl was my "girlfriend" she'd be just as comfortable - and that might be an entirely different post that needs to be made to address why that is.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

DF!!!

I do it regardless... Im single so I guess it really doesn't matter, but seeing them girls eat your words up and leaving them knowing that they are wanting more gives me a nice little high, wether my intention is to bag em or not.
grin.gif

I flirt a lot at my job for the sales, but hey it works and I don't plan on doing anything so I don't see anything wrong with it.

BLADE BR0WN wrote:

it can be dangerous, you just have to know when to back off, throw it
down into 1st gear.

Cosign...

I normally dont think that I'm flirting because I have no interest
in the chicks whatsoever...

After a while, they start to eat my words up and try to move in
on me lol, but get mad when they find out I have a girlfriend...

But all the chicks that I "flirt" with say that I flirt too much to
have a girlfriend... (most of them arent too attractive )

Oh, and this:

and I'm a hypocrite. cause if my wife did that? i'd be heated.

Yep I believe u all the way there buddy ill whoop my wife mass chris brown style if she flirts lol

Originally Posted by Juice2352

Flirting does not mean you're single. People in relationships flirt all the time, it can be innocent as long as you're not the one to take it far.
good answer...I'll have to co-sign with this.

So many people have a flirtatious nature that just comes natural, and sometimes its not even intentional.

Originally Posted by treewing

Originally Posted by cocolicious

Flirting is only innocent if you are single. Flirting while in a relationship is cheating.
How?

I consider it cheating because you're making someone think you want to be with them while being in a relationship with someone else. And it's just disrespectful.

Flirting is only innocent if you are single. Flirting while in a relationship is cheating.
eek.gif
Really? It would suck to be your SO. Anyway flirting can definitely be innocent. Like someone mentioned it's about the intent and the delivery somewhat too. There are different levels of flirting and it's about knowing what is appropriate and what isn't.

Oh and someone flirting does NOT equal someone wanting to be with you or even get in your pants. This is why I try and limit the flirting. People get way too ahead of themselves.

Flirting is never innocent, I always feel there's some direct/indirect intentions that come with it

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

I run my demo all the time single or otherwise. I'm a man. I'm attracted to women. That doesn't mean I want you. I wish a chick would trip on me.. I can't help it, I have a way with women and a way with words... it's GONNA happen. Deal with it. It's not like I'm making contact with shorty. I'm just being fly with the rhetoric, that's all
grin.gif

This
laugh.gif
 but truth
webnerd06 wrote:
Juice2352 wrote:
Flirting does not mean you're single. People in relationships flirt all the time, it can be innocent as long as you're not the one to take it far.

this.
you gotta know how to establish boundaries. 

I wish some people would understand this fully

Stop it 5, are you seriously trying to say that you haven't flirted with anyone while in a relationship. Or that people in relationships only flirt because they have intentions in a sexual nature or to get with the person they are flirting with?
indifferent.gif
 especially  considering the truth in this statement:

AJChick23 wrote:
Juice2352 wrote:

good answer...I'll have to co-sign with this. 

So many people have a flirtatious nature that just comes natural, and sometimes its not even intentional. 

Originally Posted by West2East

eek.gif
Really? It would suck to be your SO. Anyway flirting can definitely be innocent. Like someone mentioned it's about the intent and the delivery somewhat too. There are different levels of flirting and it's about knowing what is appropriate and what isn't.

Oh and someone flirting does NOT equal someone wanting to be with you or even get in your pants. This is why I try and limit the flirting. People get way too ahead of themselves.

But I wouldn't be with someone who flirts with other people.
laugh.gif
And I still don't see how flirting is innocent.

whats ur definition of flirting?? and flirting while in a relationship cheating?? whats taking it to far when ur in a relationship?

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Stop it 5, are you seriously trying to say that you haven't flirted with anyone while in a relationship. Or that people in relationships only flirt because they have intentions in a sexual nature or to get with the person they are flirting with?
indifferent.gif
 especially  considering the truth in this statement:

AJChick23 wrote:
Juice2352 wrote:

Nope I never flirted while in a relationship. When I'm with someone, I'm with them 100 percent and I expect the same from them. It's not just that the person flirting may have sexual intentions, it's that the other person is going to think that you have sexual intentions if you are flirting with them. It's not appropriate behavior and it's disrespectful to your SO and to your relationship with them.

cocolicious

You sound like my gf... we go back and forth with this all the time. But flirting with someone does not signify that you aren't with your partner 100%.

If your significant other is "flirting" with a female that he's friends with and knows that he's in a relationship is it still not innocent flirting?

Do you not believe that many people have a flirtatious nature that is just a personality trait?

Im w/ everyone who says it can (and often is) absolutely be innocent. Anyone goin in w/ the expectation that flirting = single and wanting to be pursued is fooling themselves.

This reminds me of people who think that just because they are in a relationship they dont see other people outside of that relationship attractive.  We're human being, not robots or machines that can turn things on and off.  Intent is the key.

Some people are just natural flirts, I don't think they know they're doing it. I've got a coworker that way. He doesn't flirt with *everyone*, just non coworkers.. And it's not even overtly flirting or anything, I just dunno what else to call it. He's a people person overall though.

Back
Top Bottom