YO! Can flirting be innocent? Does flirting suggest you're available?...

YO! Sitting here bored, stopped on an episode of Tough Love. One of the girls said that "flirting means you're single."

I'm not necessarily inclined to agree. Speaking from the perspective of someone with no "girlfriend", but for years I didn't even know exactly what flirting was. Curious to hear what people in/have been in relationships think.

DF!!!

To me, it's not flirting until there's touching involved. For example, when a chick play punches you or vice versa. Any less than that, and it's just conversing. Then again, I've been with my lady for 6 years, and I don't really come into contact with random chicks... I mostly just talk to girls I already know, and they know my girl, so there's definitely no flirting or suggestive conversation haha.

Waits for the simp comments lol.

i will flirt with a chick just to see if I still have "it".
I've been married almost 10 years and I have a line I will and have not crossed.
it can be dangerous, you just have to know when to back off, throw it down into 1st gear.
and I'm a hypocrite. cause if my wife did that? i'd be heated.
she knows I throw stuff out there now and then. she knows i'm coming home to her.

-J-

YO!
Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

To me, it's not flirting until there's touching involved. For example, when a chick play punches you or vice versa. Any less than that, and it's just conversing.

That's basically what I always thought. I'd meet random girls at the grocery store or at a friend's apartment, chat with her for a few and that be the end. No phone numbers, e-mails exchanged. I go my way and she go hers.

I tell friends of mine that I don't ever aspire to be a player; I just like chics! An interesting convo with a cute girl is the business... only comes second to getting up in them draws.
nerd.gif

DF!!!

i say it depends where you at...

i work in sales so sometimes i flirt a little to see if can get them to buy more

but if I did the samething at the club/bar it may seem like im available

but like JBug said... in all instances there is a line

It does, but sometimes it would happen without meaning to do it. Just as long as you dont get too far that the person might get the wrong signal.

something you get these simps tho that be buying coffee and $#!^ for a chick everyday
smh.gif
smh.gif

Intention has a lot to do with it. If your intent is just to carry a light-hearted and fun conversation, then that's all it is. If you're trying to pull a number at the end of it, then you might wanna be single for those kinds of activities.

it can be dangerous, you just have to know when to back off, throw it down into 1st gear.

Like homey said, theres lines that can be crossed, just
as long as u know ur role, assuming ur in a relationship.

it does give the impression that your single but for me being in a relationship...I use it as a way to keep options open

to me it isn't cheating unless your intentions are to cheat..

Flirting does not mean you're single. People in relationships flirt all the time, it can be innocent as long as you're not the one to take it far.

Originally Posted by stoneyjax

i say it depends where you at...

i work in sales so sometimes i flirt a little to see if can get them to buy more

but if I did the samething at the club/bar it may seem like im available

but like JBug said... in all instances there is a line
I used to work retail and I'd flirt to get women to buy more and it usually worked whether they were married/in a relationship. Flirting is fun even when you know you're not going to smash. I know the game so anytime I go into any store and a chick is helping me I don't pay her flirting any mind, its all so they can get more sales. I just give em the
grin.gif
face keep it moving

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!
Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

To me, it's not flirting until there's touching involved. For example, when a chick play punches you or vice versa. Any less than that, and it's just conversing.

That's basically what I always thought. I'd meet random girls at the grocery store or at a friend's apartment, chat with her for a few and that be the end. No phone numbers, e-mails exchanged. I go my way and she go hers.

I tell friends of mine that I don't ever aspire to be a player; I just like chics! An interesting convo with a cute girl is the business... only comes second to getting up in them draws.
nerd.gif

DF!!!
laugh.gif

As for flirting... for me personally, if im flirting it means i would smash under the correct circumstances...

More often then not nothing will come of it. For instance i might be taken, or they might be taken. They might not even be interested or worst still they might be gay etc but it's just my signal to them, to let them know i'd excavate their gizzards given the chance.

I run my demo all the time single or otherwise. I'm a man. I'm attracted to women. That doesn't mean I want you. I wish a chick would trip on me.. I can't help it, I have a way with women and a way with words... it's GONNA happen. Deal with it. It's not like I'm making contact with shorty. I'm just being fly with the rhetoric, that's all
grin.gif

for years I didn't even know exactly what flirting was. .

DF!!!

On My Twins... I used/still get accused of flirting on a regular basis when I'm just making conversation ...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

DF!!!

On My Twins... I used/still get accused of flirting on a regular basis when I'm just making conversation ...
ohwell.gif
I'm over here like, "Damn this %%!*% had TWINS?!"

frown.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Juice2352

Flirting does not mean you're single. People in relationships flirt all the time, it can be innocent as long as you're not the one to take it far.
this.
you gotta know how to establish boundaries.

DF!!!

ohwell.gif

Same here.

Funny thing is,  I can actually flirt with ugly chics and the wife will think nothing of it,  but god forbid I even look in the direction of some hotness.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

I run my demo all the time single or otherwise. I'm a man. I'm attracted to women. That doesn't mean I want you. I wish a chick would trip on me.. I can't help it, I have a way with women and a way with words... it's GONNA happen. Deal with it. It's not like I'm making contact with shorty. I'm just being fly with the rhetoric, that's all
grin.gif

I don't think flirting is innocent at all. Just think about it this way, if your significant other was sitting next to you, would you still feel comfortable saying/doing what you are with that other person.

Now, it may come down to an individuals personal set of morals, but I believe if you're flirting, you're making yourself seem interested and wanting to pursue the person you're flirting with.

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

DF!!!

ohwell.gif
I'm over here like, "Damn this %%!*% had TWINS?!"

frown.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Nah just the two I was born with
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by aceofjays

I don't think flirting is innocent at all. 
Like someone said before its all in your intent. If you're just a nice person and you're talking a female she might mistake your kindness for flirting so it all goes hand in hand

i just like to see if i still have it... sometimes, i do it for the benefits. (i.e. free stuff, talk my way out of tickets, etc.)

Cosign...

I normally dont think that I'm flirting because I have no interest in the chicks whatsoever...

After a while, they start to eat my words up and try to move in on me lol, but get mad when they find out I have a girlfriend...

But all the chicks that I "flirt" with say that I flirt too much to have a girlfriend... (most of them arent too attractive
laugh.gif
)

Oh, and this:

and I'm a hypocrite. cause if my wife did that? i'd be heated.

Back
Top Bottom