YO! Erykah Badu: New Amerykah Pt. II (Return of the Ankh) 03/30/10...

YO! I'm stupid geeked. I usually play the background on these official release threads but being she's my favorite female artist EVER, I gotta start this. Don't give a damn if I'm the only one who cares.

March 30, 2010:
New Amerykah Pt. II

1. "20 Feet Tall"
  2. "Window Seat"
  3. "Agitation"
  4. "Get Money"
  5. "Gone Baby, Don't Be Long"
  6. "Love"
  7. "Umm Hmm"
  8. "Fall in Love"
  9. "Incense" (Instrumental)
  10. "Out My Mind Just in Time (Part 1) (Undercover Over-Lover)"
  11. "Out My Mind Just in Time (Part 2)"
  12. "Out My Mind Just in Time (Part 3)"
Web-Only Bonus Track
  1. "Jump Up In The Air (Stay There)"
"Jump Up in the Air" feat. Lil Wayne
"Window Seat" feat. ?uestlove

Erykah Badu - Window Seat (video) vol. DAT MASS

?uestlove, 9th Wonder, James Poyser, Dilla, and Sa-Ra? Classic material.

DF!!!

YO! I did actually. More than I did "Worldwide Underground", which she described as a "mixtape." There are some bangers on Pt. I. "The Healer", "Master Teacher", "Telephone", "Honey."

But this is supposed to be more R&B driven as opposed to politically charged; and if "Window Seat" is indication then this joint should be bananas. Get the natural hair chics in your crib ready to explore your innner self.
pimp.gif

nerd.gif

DF!!!

::

Production from 9th Wonder, Shafiq Husayn, James Poyser, KarriemRiggins, J. Dilla, Madlib, Georgia Anne Muldrow and Ms. Badu herself

20 Feet Tall (produced by 9th Wonder)

The album kicks off with the atonal fuzz found all over Part I,only this time it slips into an off-kilter, warbly duet with keys andvocals that float atop the instrumentation. “You built a wall 20 feettall / But if I get off my knees / I might recall I’m 20 feet tall,

Get Money (produced by Erykah Badu, James Poyser, Karriem Riggins and Thundercat)

Hip-hop purists will appreciate the blatant nod to Biggie and JuniorM.A.F.I.A., as Erykah gives her own spin on the classic “Get Money

YO!

I kinda wished I hadn't read that. I saw the title and was hoping to be surprised. Oh well. I won't read anymore reviews of the listening sessions.

DF!!!

so lil wayne is NOT on the album? if so im estatic. when i saw she had a new song featuring him i was blown. the last N i wanna hear when im listening to queen badu is a peasant like wayne.

Originally Posted by JRodski

so lil wayne is NOT on the album? if so im estatic. when i saw she had a new song featuring him i was blown. the last N i wanna hear when im listening to queen badu is a peasant like wayne.
The song they did is actually nice though.

This has been highly anticipated due to my slight disappointment with the first one.

As stated already, "Window Seat" is real dope.
pimp.gif

eek.gif
 this many people on NT mess with Badu? im pleasantly suprised.

Ive got some catching up to do, I havent listened to anything after WU, still hoping something will match Baduizm
pimp.gif

I'ma play the fence on this one and see how y'all feel about it before I check for it...

...I spent my hard earned yen on the first ''Amerykah'' when I was livin' in Tokyo - I ain't speak a lick of Japanese, but that lady at Tower definitely understood that I wanted my $!@* in' money back.

Back
Top Bottom