Yo i got a question about college

hello. i just got my ged a few months ago and i want to go to a community college because i can get a scholarship, is there website or something that can helpme decided what i wanna do in college because i have NO idea

once you go to your desire CC, have a chat with one of the counselors or look on their websites to see what they offer

edit: oh and if you're just starting college, there's no rush to determine what you wanna do right away. Most people change majors like 2-3times beforethey really settle down. Just get your GE classes outta the way first

yeah, generally a good idea to go to a cheap cc and get them b.s. GE classes out the way...then you can focus on what you really want to do...

Originally Posted by Hen Lin 32

isnt G.E.D. =/= HS diploma?
It's pretty much the same. I took my G.E.D. and before i thought about it i looked up some info 1st. Pretty much if you go to college, no1looks at what you did in HS as long as you have a degree. Im finishing up my AA in a community right now, and have a 3.1 (1 class i failed and never retook,dropped it from a 3.3) Plan to apply to a business university afterwards, if i don't get accepted into anything I like going to stay in CUNY.

When they say GE classes, they mean basically the general classes.

ooh but the problem is i dont know what i want to do in college or for the rest of my life
eyes.gif

i suggest a counseling class its a "careers class" its a semester long and they help you choose what you want to do

i wouldn't waste your time on those websites...go to school, take your generals for 2 years, by then, you'll be 2 years older and know better.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

i wouldn't waste your time on those websites...go to school, take your generals for 2 years, by then, you'll be 2 years older and know better.

procrastination is never good. you should have an idea.

just like anything else, you can't start a path unless you know where or what it leads to. set a goal and take steps towards that goal.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

i agree! i started going to college for teaching, and now im in my last semester of business school at uwm. things work out in a weird way. sometimes aftertaking general classes you might find a class you really like and decide you want to major in that subject. you would also be surprised at how much you dochange within those two years as rsdplaya mentioned.

yea i dont suggest going to a university unless u already know what u want to do cause u dont want to waste the money stay at ur community college till u knowfor sure wat u want to do

well, first you should decide whta you want to do for the rest of your life. then decide on a career and it'll help you decide what classes to take

Associates = 2 year degree from a community college (you use it to go to a university)
Bachelor = typical 4-year college degree (only 2 more years if you have your associate)

GE = classes such as English that everyone in college has to take

it doesn't matter. listen to what everyone is saying and take the general classes. you have to take them regardless of what major you're going pursue,so why not just get them out of the way?

Originally Posted by nologo02184

it doesn't matter. listen to what everyone is saying and take the general classes. you have to take them regardless of what major you're going pursue, so why not just get them out of the way?

indeed!!! well put. you gotta relax! it's crazy to think about what you wanna do, but the economy is not lookin good, and every other person startingcollege right now is in the same boat as you! just take a step back and work on your generals right now. at least you will be in school, and generals mightgive you an idea of what you might want to do. im in my last semester of college right now for business. in may i have to face an economy that is not veryfriendly to new employees! i have a double major in business, and i don't know who is gonna hire me. at this point i would love to be in your situation.have a good time and study hard, it WILL come to you!

Originally Posted by pstuart13

Originally Posted by nologo02184

it doesn't matter. listen to what everyone is saying and take the general classes. you have to take them regardless of what major you're going pursue, so why not just get them out of the way?

indeed!!! well put. you gotta relax! it's crazy to think about what you wanna do, but the economy is not lookin good, and every other person starting college right now is in the same boat as you! just take a step back and work on your generals right now. at least you will be in school, and generals might give you an idea of what you might want to do. im in my last semester of college right now for business. in may i have to face an economy that is not very friendly to new employees! i have a double major in business, and i don't know who is gonna hire me. at this point i would love to be in your situation. have a good time and study hard, it WILL come to you!
listen to this man.

why rush into it and take courses for a major that you may not even like? take the gen ed courses, then let your major pick you, you know?

and i feel you about this economy. i'm a senior graduating from usc in may with a global business/international relations major, and it's rough outthere.

and you talking to me about the avy? i don't see what's wrong....

Back
Top Bottom