Yo... My N Prodigy Is Top 20 All Time

I know Mr Knowles-Carter doesn't like him and a lot of his groupies are programmed to AUTOMATICALLY follow suite & all...
prodigy-mobb-deep.jpg

Ex. 1
WCD135_gross.jpg

The Infamous (1995)
[table][tr][th=""]Professional reviews[/th][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

After trying their hand at the teenage rap *!@% with Juvinile Hell, the Mobb returned 2 years later with the CLASSIC album The Infamous... Scored 2 Billboard Hits with "Shook Ones" & "Survival Of The Fittest", and helped shape the New York/East Coast sound for years to come...

Prodigy distinguished himself amungst an ELITE class of east coast MCs with his gritty style and vivid imagary of the streets of New York in the mid 90s, he didn't make a lot of people happy even back then... But he didn't give a $*%! (and I'm pretty sure he STILL doesn't). I could go on and on about this album, but there's nothing I could say that hasn't already been said 100s of times.

Ex. 2
mobbdeep.jpg

Hell On Earth (1996)
[/td][/tr][/table]

A year after taking the hip hop world by strom with The Infamous, the Mobb returned with what many view as their sophmore effort (Nz don't aknowledge Juvinile Hell like that for whatever reason), but this album had a more darker feel that the coming of age that was The Infamous. This is 100% East Coast street *!@%, from the era of Mofioso rap. Mobb Deep was able to score there first Billboard Top 10 debut without having a single that did significantly well on the charts or radio... Prodigy improved as a lyricist, as seen on tracks like "G.O.D. Part 3", "Hell On Earth", "Still Shinin" and "Apostle's Warning" amungst other gems throughout the album.

Ex. 3
P5099749610125_1.jpg

Murda Muzik (1999)
[/td][/tr][/table]

Mobb scored their first Top 5 debut and the album went on to go Platinum with no REAL crossover attempts... IMO Prodigy peaked as a lyricist on this joint, RIGHT before he adopted the drunk slow flow he's been runnin with for the past decade or so... Havoc's production was also some of the BEST of his career... It wasn;t as dark as Hell On Earth, not quite as GRIMEY as The Infamous, but it was a perfect mixture of EVERYthing we love about Mobb Deep's music. "Where Ya Heart At" displayed a side of Prodigy that hadn't really yet been revealed as he showed his vulnerable side on record, he also spit a great deal of street knowledge throughout the album.

Ex. 4
prodigy-hnic-album-art-49843.jpeg

H.N.I.C. (2000)
[/td][/tr][/table]

After 4 albums along side Havoc, Prodigy decided to try his hand at a TRUE solo album (not that Havoc brought much to the table lyrically ANYway), setting the streets a blaze with "Keep It Thoro" Prodigy found another producer he meshed VERY well with, Alchemist who contributed production on Murda Muzik. For the first time Prodigy got the chance to show all sidse of himself not only as an MC but as a human. Revealing his paranoia with the government all to way to his own personal battles with Sickle Cell Anemia and the pain assosiated with the disease and his back to back doctor visits and hosipitalizations... The album went on to go Gold, debuted in the Billboard Top 20, which was seen as a slight set back in comparison to the prior 3 Mobb Deep efforts.

Ex. 5
mobb-deep-infamy-cover-art-50197.jpeg

Infamy (2001)
[/td][/tr][/table]

After being called out by Steadman @ SummerJam 01, the back and forth between P and Mr Knowles was taken to new heights... Jay kind of pulled a Trump card on P tho, he had MORE momentum @ the time and hip hop fans being the wishy washy cats that they are kind of all sided with Steadman on this joint, but turned around and took NaS side.

Mobb Deep on the other hand released  a SOLID album, and scored their first TRUE crossover hit with "Hey Luv" w/112, also heated the streets with "Burn"... They hit a few stumbles on the album tho, and for the first time dropped an album that didn't leave ALL Mobb fans completely satisfied, myself being one of them. But with the exception of the few missteps, there was some GREAT material on here (Nothing Like Home, Pray For Me, Get @ Me)

Ex. 6
Amerikaz_Nightmare.jpg

Amerikaz Nightmare (2004)
[/td][/tr][/table]

After a 3 year hiatus, 2 label shifts the Mobb returned in the summer of 04 with Amerikaz Nightmare. Returned to the Billboard Top 5 with its debut, also scored a hit single with "Got It Twisted"... They did have a fumble on this joint by doin a song with Lil Jon... That was a TERRIBLE mistake. Prodigy rode the drunk flow throughout the majority of this joint, but he still got some ill bars off throughout the album. Received critical acclaim from damn near everywhere, but IMO its prolly their weakest album.

Ex. 7
0673.JPG

Blood Money (2006)
[/td][/tr][/table]

Prolly their most slept on album, the G Unit debut was somewhat UNDERwhelming, in compirison to the expectations the label and 50 Cent may have had, but its by no means a BAD album. There's deffinetly some ill joints on here and some dope Prodigy verses ("Speaking So Freely", "The Infamous", & "Pearly Gates) while there were some straight headscratchers on this joint ("Give It To Me"), there was some music with Billboard Hit potential that just never saw the light of day, ("Alright w/ Mary J Blige), the project was mishandled in a few different ways and they never really caught that buzz they normally have. Album debuted in the Billboard Top 5, and features their highest charting single, "Outta Control" Remix.

Ex. 8
Prodigy-Return_Of_The_Mac.300x300.jpg

Return Of The Mac (2007)
[/td][/tr][/table]

I guess this counts as his sophmore solo album, this is Prodigy and Alchemist doin what they do best... Grimey lyrics over grimey production, this what the east coast has been missing. From start to finish this joint is a banger, the opening track "Return Of The Mac" is just absultely DANGEROUS, the Pac sample and the BIG lyric recital is SOOO DOPE, even used the oldie "Stuck To You" which is STILL flames a good 2 years after its release. Prodigy manages to spit some great verses while still riding the drunk slow flow for the 4th or 5th album in a row... This joint is flames.
"Bang On Em" >*

Ex. 9
pro_hnic2.jpg

H.N.I.C. Part 2 (2008)
[/td][/tr][/table]

I guess this is his TRUE sophmore solo album, and he picks up right where the orginal left off (with a smaller budget of course). This joint has some TRUE gems on here... "Young Veterans", "Veterans Memorial 2" is just as dope as the original. The drunk flow is on throughout the ENTIRE album so I'm sure a few idiots will have their gripes, but hey...

Ex. 10
6c31b1736985.jpg

Product Of The 80s (2008)

I guess this is more of an example of why he is NOT top 20... This *!@% SUCKS BALLS... He'll have 5 years to reflect on the level of wackness of this (not sure if this was his idea or not)

I could rock with top 20. His skills have diminished over time tho, I pretend like G-Unit never happened when judging his catalog.

i finally figured it out...

i cant even b mad...

u go smoke some loud then come make posts dont u?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg wrote:
I could rock with top 20. His skills have diminished over time tho,
That could be said for damn near EVERY MC to ever touch a mic tho...

yeah but it hasn’t been as drastic as P's has been over the years...
(I done heard this N try to justify non-rhyming by saying its some new technique or some other dumb @!!%)...
Like, basically at this point the beats is carrying this N...

But...yeah I would agree he's probably somewhere in that 20-25 range all time...

Him and his man put out damn near three of the hardest back, to back, to back, albums I can think of...
and 96 P was pretty much untouchable (his performance on Hell On Earth might be a top 10 performance by one rapper on one album...)
Side note: that product of the 80s album was decent...a lot of those beats knocked...

easy top 20 maybe top 15 , and even though his flow as diminished a little, his message is still there. HNIC 2 and Return of the Mac is wildly underrated

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

Top 5 maybe, top 10 definitely

2 me it seems like once his voice started maturing his lyrics lost there flare.....now he jus sounds like every 1 else 2 me

yea but is anybody tryin to put them !@%##+ in the top 20? (cept old cam... yea they 2 different people as far as im concerned
roll.gif
)

laugh.gif
@ cappadonna's skills diminshing over time.. he never had any skills to begin with.

Originally Posted by Dapper D

BustaRhymes-2_1234389581.jpg
amd_xzibit.jpg

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

these bums neva had skills

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

BustaRhymes-2_1234389581.jpg
amd_xzibit.jpg
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

these bums neva had skills

You can't be serious...

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

Top 5 maybe, top 10 definitely

whaaat.....tell me what separates him from 8Ball, MJG, Bun B, Pimp C

if we just throwin our fav artists into top 20's thats cool....but if ya really think this dude is top 20 then all four of them are

but if this is just a "throw a rapper I really like in the top 20s" thread...
pimp.gif

(I done heard this N try to justify non-rhyming by saying its some new technique or some other dumb @!!%)...
Like, basically at this point the beats is carrying this N...

But...yeah I would agree he's probably somewhere in that 20-25 range all time...

Him and his man put out damn near three of the hardest back, to back, to back, albums I can think of...
and 96 P was pretty much untouchable (his performance on Hell On Earth might be a top 10 performance by one rapper on one album...)
Side note: that product of the 80s album was decent...a lot of those beats knocked...

Took the words out of my mouth. In the beginning P would say slick stuff and actually RHYME on a track. His career took a downturn when dude literally just started rambling on tracks like Lil Wayne and not making any kind of sense. He definitely did for about a three album stretch (Infamy, Amerikaz Nightmare, Blood Money etc.) but somehow he regained what he lost a bit on Return of the Mac.
happy.gif

Blood Money, while not great, was a bit slept on. Havoc had some nice production on there.

Back
Top Bottom