Yo NT am i %%!%+@?

I got a speeding ticket in december for 85 on a 65. Anyway, I completely forgot about it and I thought something would come in the mail or something. Anyway,fast forward to today, I found the ticket and I missed the court date which was on February 10. So NT, am i $@%$%#? Anything I can do? I live in CA by theway.

Nah, just pay the ticket, no biggie.but if u don't pay it ur license will be suspended.

Call and ask when you can come in to answer the summons. Small chance you even have a bench warrant. Not a big deal..

Call the number on the ticket.

If you don't there would be a warrant out for your arrest. Meaning any little thing can throw you in jail for 3 days, all it would take is for a cop to runyour driver's license ID# and you will be done.

aright thanks, I'll call them first thing tomorrow, or should I walk in? Also, should I expect more fees?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dathustlaboy47

I'm not exactly sure what %%!%+@? means but I'm gonna go with...yes.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Im gunna have to agree. Idk just try to reschedule i guess. IDK if you can do that though. Im not experienced in the art of getting tickets
ohwell.gif

Yo, u not gonna have no warrant for ur arrest lol, u didn't have to be in court unless u wanted to fight the ticket, believe me, I've been there, butthey will suspend ur license if u don't pay it, since u missed the court date there is no chance at all that u won't have to pay it. So just pay it andmove on.

damn. Was looking at the court site and: If you fail to appear in Court as promised/ordered, the Court will order and issue a warrant for your arrest. Further,you may be punished by jail and/or a fine, regardless of the disposition of the original charge (Section 853.7 P.C. OR 1320 P.C.). In addition, the Departmentof Motor Vehicles may withhold issuance or renewal or your driver's license and may revoke or suspend your driving privilege for Vehicle Code offenses. Theprosecuting agency may also ask the Court to add additional charges against you.

damn.

how likely is it that they will jail me or fine me?

Forget it, I'm done trying to tell u the deal, I've been in the situation a few times in my life, u sweatin somethin really tiny g, just pay the damnticket.

Oh boy, you just got a Failure to Appear charge. It is a misdemeanor so it do damage on a background check with future employers. If you go to court they aregoing to haul your butt to jail because the city will already have a warrant for you. You will bond out and still have to pay for the old ticket on top of theFTA which is very expensive. I am a probation officer and this kind of thing happens way too often.

Got so lucky, I went down there today and apparently they moved my court date to March 27th because of a ticket error. Paid for the ticket and now I'm inthe clear!

Back
Top Bottom