Yo NT I need help choosing a laptop for school!!

Joined Nov 8, 2007
Preferably under 700 bucks... just day to day stuff (watching movies, surfing the interweb, a lot of microsoft office)

High resolution display would be nice too.

I'm leaning towards an HP probook or a lenovo.. maybe a dell.

Would buying a laptop online be best??

Thanks guys appreciate it..

Joined Aug 24, 2009
Don't even bother looking into Macs if you only have $700.

You'll be buying a very outdated laptop with next to no computing power for what you'll probably need today.

Having Mac OS X isn't worth running a Core 2 Duo with 2 GB of ram in 2011.

Joined Nov 8, 2007
ya im a pc guy all the way so no macbooks for me. THanks for the suggestions though keep em coming!

Joined Jan 19, 2006
Used to have an HP, now I'm using a Lenovo....Lenovo > HP (at least). From what I hear, ASUS is good too.

whyhellothere

Banned
Joined Jan 2, 2011
you want to pay $25 more for less HD space & less ram?

Joined Nov 8, 2007
Originally Posted by whyhellothere

no i do not sir lol. You're comparing it to the HP you  mentioned right?? It seems like a solid device.. it's just I've had a lot of bad experiences with HP computers bro. AHHH I don't know what to do!!

whyhellothere

Banned
Joined Jan 2, 2011
Originally Posted by duncarooos

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

no i do not sir lol. You're comparing it to the HP you  mentioned right?? It seems like a solid device.. it's just I've had a lot of bad experiences with HP computers bro. AHHH I don't know what to do!!
no im comparing the thinkpad to the ideapad
Thinkpad: 4GB of ram, 500GB hd- $625
Ideapad: 6GB of ram, 640GB hd- $600

although I just noticed you might be $+#@ out of luck since the Ideapad is currently out of stock @ bestbuy

Joined Nov 8, 2007
o okok right of course.

Are those two computers good regardless??? for the price??

Thanks again.

Joined Aug 24, 2009
You can get great values at your local office supply stores. Don't customize a laptop online, because you always end up paying much more than you could have for a similarly spec'ed one at a retail store.

Apple products, same price pretty much everywhere.

In fact, a lot of the computers they sell as shelf models at retail stores are very nicely optioned, most of them these days are running Intel Core i5, at least 4gb ram, 500GB+ hard drives, etc. Just wait for a sale/rebates and you can pick up really great laptops for cheap.

Top Bottom