Yo NT I need help choosing a laptop for school!!

Originally Posted by duncarooos

o okok right of course.

Are those two computers good regardless??? for the price??

Thanks again.
The thinkpad should be good, as thinkpads usually get very good reviews.
Although I personally would prob. go with the Asus U56E I mentioned before due to the 6GB of ram, 640GB hard drive & "up to 9hrs" of battery life that they are claiming for $600 vs the Thinkpad w/ 4GB of ram & 500GB or $625. Asus also generally makes good laptops.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

i say lenovo...
x2
thinkpad ftw
Got one of those last year and I am very satisfied.

I thought I needed a laptop but now I think I would have been fine with a desktop.  Because I saved money have not buying a Macbook, I bought an iPad.  I take it everyday to class and it does the job perfectly for me.  A netbook would probably do the job too.

Lenevo's are always great, especially for the price. Also Windows 7 is a beautiful OS, at least for me.

Threadjack what virus protections are you using. I just have Microsoft Essentials. Is that enough?

Originally Posted by Pump Fake

Lenevo's are always great, especially for the price. Also Windows 7 is a beautiful OS, at least for me.

Threadjack what virus protections are you using. I just have Microsoft Essentials. Is that enough?
get malware bytes 

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by Pump Fake

get malware bytes
this

lenovo keyboards are
pimp.gif

except for that stupid red thing in the middle

ya im a pc guy all the way so no macbooks for me. THanks for the suggestions though keep em coming!

which scenario do you prefer?

1)Your see a good looking chick you smile at her, she sees your on a pc........walks right pass you.

2)You see a good looking chick you smile at her, she sees your on a mac......smashing in the dorm room within 4hrs.

macbook
/thread.

Originally Posted by scshift

Don't even bother looking into Macs if you only have $700.

You'll be buying a very outdated laptop with next to no computing power for what you'll probably need today.

Having Mac OS X isn't worth running a Core 2 Duo with 2 GB of ram in 2011.
indifferent.gif

every macbook has at least an i5. even the new airs. smh

macbook > *

dont hate cause you can't afford one 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dts939

You'll be buying a very outdated laptop with next to no computing power for what you'll probably need today.

indifferent.gif

macbook > *

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
he wouldn't be able to get one of those with only $700 tho, he'd be stuck getting the last gen ones with the core 2 duos.
I really do thing op should just save up and get a new macbook air and just run windows on it if he hates os x. the i5, ssd and small form factor>>

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

ya im a pc guy all the way so no macbooks for me. THanks for the suggestions though keep em coming!

which scenario do you prefer?

1)Your see a good looking chick you smile at her, she sees your on a pc........walks right pass you.

2)You see a good looking chick you smile at her, she sees your on a mac......smashing in the dorm room within 4hrs.

macbook
/thread.

neh...

I was a "Windows all the way" type guy too...
Til I got a Macbook Pro. 
pimp.gif

Overhyped? Maybe, but overrated? 
laugh.gif

Macs > 

indifferent.gif

macbook > *

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

Every macbook NOW has an i5, you think the ones from last generation have i5s? Try Core 2 Duos running at 2.2Ghz with 2GB of ram and a 120gb hard drive.

I like Apple but I'm not a fanboy. Macbook is not better than everything. Chill.

indifferent.gif

macbook > *

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Mac snobs
laugh.gif

im completely against HP and its products...gave me huge problems in the past. im currently using a netbook and its getting the job done for now.

indifferent.gif

macbook > *

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

Every macbook NOW has an i5, you think the ones from last generation have i5s? Try Core 2 Duos running at 2.2Ghz with 2GB of ram and a 120gb hard drive.

I like Apple but I'm not a fanboy. Macbook is not better than everything. Chill.
You could get an HP with the same specs as a MBP for cheaper yeah. Apple's customer service, plus how sleek and well made a MBP is, makes it the better buy IMO. HP laptops feel like crap. My brother and my cousin have one and I hate using them.

indifferent.gif

macbook > *

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

im by NO means a fanboy smh.
i actually have been using windows my entire life, until this month

i had to go through so many windows laptops because they all had so many problems

and the new air is honestly one of the nicest machines i have ever seen

as someone said before, they have amazing customer service

and i am willing to bet that no windows will run as smoothly as the i5 or i7 plus the ssd. the sandy bridge + ssd combo is unmatched

and then there is the whole aspect of OSX vs windows. and that is not even a comparison. 

like i said before, i have used numerous windows machines in my life, and nothing even comes close to Mac's OS

oh, and the design factor of macs +backlit keyboards. it is just an aesthetically pleasing computer compared to a clunky windows

How do I get the 10% off coupon on the Dell Laptop? Im trying to get a Inspiron 15R-2nd Gen but it wont add the coupon. What is the code or am i doing it wrong or what ?

Back
Top Bottom