Yo NT I need help choosing a laptop for school!!

Originally Posted by dts939

and then there is the whole aspect of OSX vs windows. and that is not even a comparison. 
like i said before, i have used numerous windows machines in my life, and nothing even comes close to Mac's OS
grin.gif

Originally Posted by duncarooos

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by duncarooos

ya im a pc guy all the way so no macbooks for me. THanks for the suggestions though keep em coming!

which scenario do you prefer?

1)Your see a good looking chick you smile at her, she sees your on a pc........walks right pass you.

2)You see a good looking chick you smile at her, she sees your on a mac......smashing in the dorm room within 4hrs.

macbook
/thread.

neh...
Is this really how people think...you need a Mac to pick up girls??? what is wrong with the world

I don't understand why people are mentioning anything about a mac OP has $700 if you find a mac with reasonable specs for that price please post it otherwise why bother getting off track.

OP check slickdeals.net daily.  You can find some decent ASUS or Lenvo PCs with i5s for around $500.  Ive been on the prowl for around a month and have seen 2 but didn't pull the trigger because the screen resolution was pretty poor on one and the other didn't have enough ram for me.  But if you are only doing normal tasks on it you should be able to get buy without dropping over $700.

+1 on Lenovo
You Apple fanboys don't help your case when people think you're stupid.

I'm sure Alchemist is playing, but I promise you someone really thinks that way....with that said my next laptop is going to be a MBP whenever I decide to buy one
smile.gif

Originally Posted by dts939

im by NO means a fanboy smh.
i actually have been using windows my entire life, until this month

i had to go through so many windows laptops because they all had so many problems

and the new air is honestly one of the nicest machines i have ever seen

as someone said before, they have amazing customer service

and i am willing to bet that no windows will run as smoothly as the i5 or i7 plus the ssd. the sandy bridge + ssd combo is unmatched

and then there is the whole aspect of OSX vs windows. and that is not even a comparison. 

like i said before, i have used numerous windows machines in my life, and nothing even comes close to Mac's OS

oh, and the design factor of macs +backlit keyboards. it is just an aesthetically pleasing computer compared to a clunky windows

You're missing the point here. OP only has $700 to spend on a laptop for school, and he won't be able to afford a new Macbook Air with the i5 and SSD. I was browsing used/old Macbooks last week and I see that they're selling the Black Macbooks (plastic shell) for $650, and those have the Core 2 Duos, etc.

If he could afford a new Macbook, I'd most likely recommend that. I like Apple's design also and I think they're keyboards and touchpads are the best. But he won't be running the newest ones, he'd have to get an older one for his budget and the older ones don't cut it in today's age.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Is this really how people think...you need a Mac to pick up girls??? what is wrong with the world

I don't understand why people are mentioning anything about a mac OP has $700 if you find a mac with reasonable specs for that price please post it otherwise why bother getting off track.

Exactly... people are forgetting OP has a budget.

And using a Mac to pick up girls
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by scshift

And using a Mac to pick up girls
indifferent.gif

Oh yeah, about the Mac Pro: It definitely gets you girls; the key is pick up the hot art girls; the ones taking the classes that need a powerful Mac Pro for classes like animation; you know offer time on your machine in exchange for, uh, a good night. That way you don't even need to show it off; suggesting it's back in your crib should be sufficient.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1105041
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Vendetta

Macs. lol over priced and over hyped
Im no apple guy(android phone user) but ill never go back to pc, i gave it a chance and it failed me. 2 years running with these macbook and i have yet to encountered any problems that have not fixed themselves right o way. I also taught it was hype until i tried it and now
pimp.gif

also if you're an engineering major don't get a mac because it's a !#%@# getting the required software on it

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

30t6p3b.gif
just step your $$$ up and get a macbook air dude & run windows on it, aint that hard.

or

roll.gif
My sis just copped this yesterday at the Micrsoft Store total was 1080. She got the following:

2yr accidental damage protection the included microsoft office "academic for 199
Low jack for a year for $50
All trial ware was removed. Standard when purchased from the microsoft store.
eek.gif
eek.gif

They set everything up for her and will take everthing off her old laptop and install on her new laptop.
Not to mention the free 4gd Xbox

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

30t6p3b.gif
just step your $$$ up and get a macbook air dude & run windows on it, aint that hard.

or

roll.gif
My sis just copped this yesterday at the Micrsoft Store total was 1080. She got the following:

2yr accidental damage protection the included microsoft office "academic for 199
Low jack for a year for $50
All trial ware was removed. Standard when purchased from the microsoft store.
eek.gif
eek.gif

They set everything up for her and will take everthing off her old laptop and install on her new laptop.
Not to mention the free 4gd Xbox

smokin.gif

although I think your sis paid too much for that laptop

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

just stay away from HP and Dell!
So true! I've had two HPs and both started having problems within a year and then completely broke down within two.

I'm using a Samsung right now and it is very good. Had it for a year and haven't had any problems!

Back
Top Bottom