Yo NT I'm leaving Sunday on a cross-country motorcycle trip: Recommend me some %*%! to do!

Sunday I leave for the beginning of my third annual cross-country road trip. The previous two were MD-Cali-MD in my Acura Integra (sleeping in a hatchback ftmfl), both lasted about a month and a half and covered 8-9,500 miles. I moved to Arizona in January, now it's time to go back home for a little visit. This time I'm riding my motorcycle, a Honda Rebel 250. Below is a rough map of the route I plan to cover, basically Tucson to Denver to DC, then New Orleans (5x in the last 3 years
laugh.gif
smokin.gif
) and back home. I'm certainly not planning to stick to that exact route, but those are the places I absolutely HAVE to hit. I've pretty much seen all the touristy $@$% I care to see in the last couple years, I'm not interested in that. I'll mostly be on back roads and two lane highways (see: 250cc engine), I want to take it slow and see some of the cool $@$% off the beaten path. So I ask you NT, where should I go, what should I do, any advice?

PS I just started a blog too. If anyone is interested in following it, check that out here.

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

If you hold off for a week, I'll be in Tucson too and we can go together
only if you promise to hold me close when you're riding $#@+*
wink.gif

Watch Motorcycle Diaries and take notes on how it's done.

Sounds awesome, regardless.

damn OP I'm jelly. After watching the motorcycle diaries I always wanted to do this.

I've decided I'd rather backpack through Europe after I graduate College though.

Good luck! I just drove down to Orlando yesterday from NY... Got here in 16 hours by myself... Next time I plan a roadtrip it wont be bymyself... It is so damn boring

Denver - Kansas City is probably the most boring, flat stretch of highway in the United States. Good luck with that part, I'd reroute if I were you.

Originally Posted by kickstart

Watch Motorcycle Diaries and take notes on how it's done.

Sounds awesome, regardless.
seen it. aint really tryna do it like Che tho..

Originally Posted by Beacon ave south

Props man, i can only dream of doing something like this. Will you be traveling on your own?
yuppers. solo dolo.

Originally Posted by Liu Kang 23

Legit... hope the weather is nice to you

thanks man that's basically my biggest concern.

anyways pz out NT. out I'm outskis in about 3-4 hours. Wish me luck [=

GOOD LUCK IF I HAD MORE RIDING EXPERIENCE ID TRY TO GO WITH YOU SOUNDS LIKE FUN GOOD LUCK WE BEEN HAVIN A LOT OF RAIN IN AZ

how u gonna carry clothes for that long though?????? u wearing same shoes too all that 3-4months??

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

how u gonna carry clothes for that long though?????? u wearing same shoes too all that 3-4months??
clothes in my saddle bags. and yes lol I'm gonna wear the same shoes

Back
Top Bottom