Yo NT I'm trying to get a Siberian Husky...Need Help

springsum_pic17.jpg

How much should I be paying?

Thats exactly what I always wanted...when I was little this lady was giving some out but my moms said no. They had the BLUEST eyes ever.

Siberian-Husky-Huskies-Puppies-Dogs-Sale.jpg

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Man that is one of the most beautiful dogs ever, I really really want one of them so bad.

Norwegian Elkhounds are great dogs too, look similar.

Originally Posted by AirCommanderMarsFiend

I have one
smile.gif
. Her name's Juneau:

I have no clue how much my parents paid for her.

Those eyes are rediculously cool. I was just starin at em for like 2 minutes
laugh.gif

Theres no white, where i should be white its baby blue.

I want a dog in the future and every time i see one i say im getting that one.

My mind changed once again.

Just some advice, these dogs HATE to be left alone. It is suggested to buy 2 of them so they can keep each other company.

from Yahoo Answers:

Some of the bad points:

1. They love people …. any people. This is sometimes seen as a lack of loyalty.

2. I do not believe that there is a type of dog that could be friendlier than a Husky. A Husky may alert you by his actions (running to a door or window etc) but he is not a watchdog by any stretch if the imagination. On the contrary, he will invite the bad guy in and show him where the good stuff is. And then help carry it out! It's in the breeding and I doubt that you can train them otherwise. Even if you abuse them (we have several that were very abused) they do not become mean ... they will just shy away from you. It's possible that they may (or may not) defend you against an attacker (more likely with an animal attacker). He very well may be a deterrent to someone looking to do bad stuff .... a "hungry wolf looking" dog looking back at them through the window ....

3. They have a STRONG desire to run. This was bred into them over many hundreds of generations. It cannot be trained out of them in a few months of obedience classes. They MUST be kept in a secure area. And taken out in open areas on a leash. They are escape artists like a hairy Houdini. They have been known to jump or climb over 6 foot fences. If they can't go over it they will go under it.

4. They are extremely intelligent and mischievous. You have to be smarter than they are to stay ahead of them. Don't laugh. It's true, they are smarter than
most people.

5. They are too independent and strong willed to make it through obedience training. (see # 4 above). They will know and understand the command but if they don't see the point in carrying it out they won't.

6. They are very keen and efficient hunter / killers.

7. They must be kept occupied. A BORED HUSKY IS A DESTRUCTIVE HUSKY! (see # 10 on below)

8. They shed. A LOT! Year round. Then twice a year or more they will "blow" their coats. This takes shedding to a whole new level.

9. They dig …. A LOT! You could rent your yard to NASA to train astronauts on.

10. They play ROUGH! Very rough. And they sometimes can draw blood. But it is still play.

11. They need company, either human or canine and will be miserable without it. Though they can survive outdoors they really need to be inside with their "pack"……. YOU!
They are not "starter" dogs. These dogs can go anywhere from $200-$2000. You reeeeeally need to do your homework on this dog and thebreeder.

-The Juice

Thanks for the advice, I'm about 3 months out from actually getting one so i'll be sure to find out everything I need to know...

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Just some advice, these dogs HATE to be left alone. It is suggested to buy 2 of them so they can keep each other company.

from Yahoo Answers:

Some of the bad points:

1. They love people …. any people. This is sometimes seen as a lack of loyalty.

2. I do not believe that there is a type of dog that could be friendlier than a Husky. A Husky may alert you by his actions (running to a door or window etc) but he is not a watchdog by any stretch if the imagination. On the contrary, he will invite the bad guy in and show him where the good stuff is. And then help carry it out! It's in the breeding and I doubt that you can train them otherwise. Even if you abuse them (we have several that were very abused) they do not become mean ... they will just shy away from you. It's possible that they may (or may not) defend you against an attacker (more likely with an animal attacker). He very well may be a deterrent to someone looking to do bad stuff .... a "hungry wolf looking" dog looking back at them through the window ....

3. They have a STRONG desire to run. This was bred into them over many hundreds of generations. It cannot be trained out of them in a few months of obedience classes. They MUST be kept in a secure area. And taken out in open areas on a leash. They are escape artists like a hairy Houdini. They have been known to jump or climb over 6 foot fences. If they can't go over it they will go under it.

4. They are extremely intelligent and mischievous. You have to be smarter than they are to stay ahead of them. Don't laugh. It's true, they are smarter than
most people.

5. They are too independent and strong willed to make it through obedience training. (see # 4 above). They will know and understand the command but if they don't see the point in carrying it out they won't.

6. They are very keen and efficient hunter / killers.

7. They must be kept occupied. A BORED HUSKY IS A DESTRUCTIVE HUSKY! (see # 10 on below)

8. They shed. A LOT! Year round. Then twice a year or more they will "blow" their coats. This takes shedding to a whole new level.

9. They dig …. A LOT! You could rent your yard to NASA to train astronauts on.

10. They play ROUGH! Very rough. And they sometimes can draw blood. But it is still play.

11. They need company, either human or canine and will be miserable without it. Though they can survive outdoors they really need to be inside with their "pack"……. YOU!
They are not "starter" dogs. These dogs can go anywhere from $200-$2000. You reeeeeally need to do your homework on this dog and the breeder.

-The Juice

roll.gif
roll.gif
what the hell

My favorite dog. I want one so bad, but I don't think that I'd be able to take of it. Make sure you do research on this dog and always have someonewatching it. I read more stuff about them, but I don't remember any.

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Thats exactly what I always wanted...when I was little this lady was giving some out but my moms said no. They had the BLUEST eyes ever.

Siberian-Husky-Huskies-Puppies-Dogs-Sale.jpg

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Awww they are so cute!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Cute dogs, my friend has one and the leaving them alone part I think can be a bit misleading. It is surely true by some stretch, but a lot of a dogs behaviordown the road has to do with how you train it.

Best of luck.

yo, what's the cat equivalent of this dog, in terms of looks? I want a cat, but I think most are ugly.

My neighbor use to have one. What a powerful dog..very playful and fast too. It loves to play..I remember she kept her A/C cold 24/7 for it.

I want a husky too or an akita, but right now my girl has 2 small dogs and I cant handle having one more running around the home.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

yo, what's the cat equivalent of this dog, in terms of looks? I want a cat, but I think most are ugly.

800px-Siamese_cat_sitting.jpg
these dudes are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom