Yo, NT...whatcha think of my book? (topic:unplanned parenthood) *UPDATE* book done, read outro pg.2

If this is your art okay but just be prepared to pay for therapy cause your kid will read it...and get your girl some sessions too. Thats the least you can do i think.

Originally Posted by potus2028

Seriously though, it wasn't my choice either, so I feel we're even. I'm here, playing my part, and even getting along with yo' hardheaded momma...more than most kids get.

This guy POTUS is ruthless...
...at the very least I'll read this book for +%!%# and giggles. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by cap1229

Damn. Good thing its not a girl you had.
30t6p3b.gif
this would sting my heart if i ever read that my dad felt this way about me when it wasnt my choice to be here in the first place.

This...
...I've never been in OP's shoes so I can't judge the guy (and I imagine I'd feel the same way as him which is why it's a great angle for a book), but I don't think I'd put something in my print that my little rugrat could see when they got older.

I thought about that...but then decided it was an important life lesson. It's not always about what you want to do, it's about doing what's right. That's what a man does, he steps up and handles his situations...and makes money off them, if at all possible.

If this is your art okay but just be prepared to pay for therapy cause your kid will read it...and get your girl some sessions too. Thats the least you can do i think.

I'd like to think that my years of service to his survival, upkeep, maintenance and general happiness would prove I cared about him by that point. As for her...eh, she'll be aight. She's a strong woman, maternal power and childbirth and all that. The least I can do is not a damn thing, actually...plenty of dudes do that and I'm not one of them. That counts for something.

I don't hate the kid, in fact I kinda like him now, I'm just not going to pretend the whole inconvenient situation is some gift from beyond and not just me and mine being bad with birth control.

Honestly OP i admire you staying but maybe its best if you leave. Love your son for the man that he will become from a distance and not think of him for burden you think he is right now. Think about all the women out here who treat their kids bad cause they resent the father b/c they cant get away. He wont be a kid forever. Your feelings may change towards him but thats your seed...

Good luck OP
30t6p3b.gif
this the kind of !!@* that kidd leave there parents in nursing homes over.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Damn. Good thing its not a girl you had.
30t6p3b.gif
this would sting my heart if i ever read that my dad felt this way about me when it wasnt my choice to be here in the first place.

This...
...I've never been in OP's shoes so I can't judge the guy (and I imagine I'd feel the same way as him which is why it's a great angle for a book), but I don't think I'd put something in my print that my little rugrat could see when they got older.

I thought about that...but then decided it was an important life lesson. It's not always about what you want to do, it's about doing what's right. That's what a man does, he steps up and handles his situations...and makes money off them, if at all possible.
*insert Alonzo Mourning gif*
...nice spin on it.

This is exactly what I wanted and I can tell you really get what I'm trying to do. The "miracle" of life has happened over 20 times since I hit "quote". Never been impressed. It's not necessarily a blessing, but it's a situation that CAN have some pretty interesting benefits...eventually.

If it makes sense, I appreciate your criticism more than your compliments. (I'll take those too tho
laugh.gif
) What you described as far as the humorous advice concept is what I'm aiming for...the book has 5 sections (Shock, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance) that are all written somewhat differently, and I kinda tried to work all of them into the intro to give a reader an idea...um...what to expect. I do see what you're talking about with the back and forth, like you said though, it's a first draft so I'm just glad it's something people can read.

Thanks for reading my %+%+ and taking the time to give some good insight, for real.

Man thanks for sharing. Totally understand what you mean by appreciating the criticism more than the compliments. Compliments are nice, but you can't really make improvements based on them. I like to write in my spare time and it's really frustrating when people say "Oh that's really good" and refuse to say anything negative, even when I ask them to.

Can't wait to read more if you decide to leak out more of the book.
pimp.gif
I'd offer my help but I don't know how I can be of any (other than reading and giving feedback, I'm not a professional writer or anything,) so I'll just promise to buy it if I'm not broke at the time of its release.

Honestly OP i admire you staying but maybe its best if you leave.

This man is looking for feedback on his book, not advice about how he should live his life. You're saying that he should leave because he is being honest about how he felt when he discovered he was going to be bound to a moral (and possibly legal) contract for 18 years with a woman he was having sex with? An unwavering opinion should be placed at a higher priority than his recognition of the moral obligations he imparted upon himself by imparting himself upon a woman?

Spoiler [+]
indifferent.gif

^ Happy to, I always $+@*%# with NT because where else besides forum 14 can this type of thing go on? My 3D friends and aquaintances barely read, so if I want intelligent opinions from my peers, I come here. (I know,
eek.gif
...nobody said it wasn't hit or miss.) I hate that too, sometimes you have to work so damn hard to get people to say something needs work, I def know how that is.

I don't think I can give out too much more of this one right now, but my other book can be browsed at length on Amazon...I hear you can even buy it.
laugh.gif

Seriously though, I really appreciate your feedback...helps me write a better book, in the end.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

This entire thread has my ovaries hurting

laugh.gif
Get that looked at...

i like the way you write and book is def entertaining, but yeh dont go off feeling your self tooooo much sounding like a bad father cause at the end of the day you have a family to take care of and if you doing the right things eff what people say i can already see the criticism you going to get if you do go viral.

good luck make a new thread when the book is done,

Originally Posted by Lalph Rauren

i like the way you write and book is def entertaining, but yeh dont go off feeling your self tooooo much sounding like a bad father cause at the end of the day you have a family to take care of and if you doing the right things eff what people say i can already see the criticism you going to get if you do go viral.

good luck make a new thread when the book is done,

Well, thanks for your input fo'sho. I know I'm walking in a minefield with this subject matter, but sometimes that's what you have to do to blow up. I'll take the controversy if it comes with some cash...hey, helps me support the kid, right? 'Preciate it tho, I def will have another thread when I finally get this thing done.

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

roll.gif
roll.gif

OP is a funny guy...good luck dog..i remember when i was in a similar situation myself
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Thanks man...you know, I think a lot of people have been in our position but nobody's willing to speak on it for whatever reason...when I figured that out, I went "why not me?" It eventually gets better, but people act like it never sucks...hope the book can provide some insight into just why someone would be slightly upset to have their entire life plan changed without their consent for those who just don't get it.

Maybe it'll make becoming a father easier for somebody else, maybe it'll become a cautionary tale so people will be more careful with their penises, maybe it'll make females rethink having children without 2 willing parents (like I said, not everybody stays...some decisions you make on your own you end up dealing with that way)...maybe it'll just be funny and piss some people off...I'll take any or all of the above. Anyway, thanks again for checking it out.

Aight...in case you skipped straight here, I finally finished the book I was working on about surpregnancies, "What to Expect When You're Expecting (the Worst)". Since some of y'all defintely showed love or at least expressed interest, I'm gonna give y'all a little something too...a little of what I'm trying to sell absolutely free. Check out the outro to my book, "Postpartum Deposition".

Postpartum Deposition​

*note: No babies were harmed in the making of this book.

Hey reader…thought it was important here at the end for me to take off the Dr. Philthy hat I’ve been writing this book with and speak to you as AJ, regularish guy.

I said a lot of uncomfortable things in these pages, and I meant every last one of them at one time or another. If I’m a horrible person for admitting it, then so be it. However, this book was not just a recollection of personal experience. (Why would I write a memoir of a time I’d like to forget?)

The truth is, many people can relate…maybe even someone you (apparently don’t) know (so well). For proof that having a hard time adjusting to a new job they didn’t intentionally apply for is pretty common, Google either “I don’t want to be a…

been working hard to try and finish my e-book but... I was pretty entertained...looking forward to actually reading the whole thing
Edit: when this becomes like a "famous book," i'll just look back and say I read the intro before anyone else did
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hotshots24

been working hard to try and finish my e-book but... I was pretty entertained...looking forward to actually reading the whole thing
Edit: when this becomes like a "famous book," i'll just look back and say I read the intro before anyone else did
laugh.gif

Oh you have "FfYL"? Good #$+!, hope you feelin it...
pimp.gif
Thanks for checking both out...

I hope the day comes where you can say that too, cuz I'll personally back you up on the internet
laugh.gif

Honestly OP i admire you staying but maybe its best if you leave. Love your son for the man that he will become from a distance and not think of him for burden you think he is right now. Think about all the women out here who treat their kids bad cause they resent the father b/c they cant get away. He wont be a kid forever. Your feelings may change towards him but thats your seed...

Good luck OP
30t6p3b.gif
this the kind of !!@* that kidd leave there parents in nursing homes over.
laugh.gif
Please stop giving advice.

He obviously stated several times that even though he didn't want the kid to begin with, he is manning up and taking responsibility. If every dude who knocked up a chick and just left like you suggest, there would be a lot of kids without dads... oh wait.

And OP... will definitely read the book, although I'm kinda crazy and I feel like reading the book will make the possibility of this happening to me even greater.

Always thought you were a thoughtful and funny poster. Best of luck.

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

definitely pay a professional to edit it for you.
nice work!

Yeah, got to...I'm a "flow and go" kind of writer, I don't have a lot of patience for editing. Glad you dug it tho, I'd rather have somebody say "this is good but needs work" than "this sucks but it was the best you could do"
laugh.gif
Thanks for reading homie...

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

And OP... will definitely read the book, although I'm kinda crazy and I feel like reading the book will make the possibility of this happening to me even greater.

Always thought you were a thoughtful and funny poster. Best of luck.

Thanks man, I remember you even back from the goldNboi days haha...always respected what you had to say as well. Both your replies let me know you really get what I'm doing here. I mean @%%*, 49% of pregnancies are unplanned in the US, anybody who thinks every dude involved is happy about it is a damn fool. @%%* happens, it's all about how you clean it up that matters. Thanks for checking me out.

oh btw,
roll.gif
@ book jinx...that's the last thing I want for anybody who doesn't want it, I'll do whatever I can to minimize the risk of your statement coming true...you should too.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom