Yo people with long hair, how long you been growing your hair out?

about a year
pimp.gif

im asian btw

About 9 years now, trimmed her and there, just cut some of it last night. Im the one on the left, haha.
cca15aedd358245bd159ab81a6d6c4c6ed2fca1.jpg

Originally Posted by JMar 23

About 9 years now, trimmed her and there, just cut some of it last night. Im the one on the left, haha.
cca15aedd358245bd159ab81a6d6c4c6ed2fca1.jpg

Damn dude. Me 8 yrz. I never trim it. In fact i dont take much care of it.. Just braid it Or wrap it up in a bun.. I should trim it, I heardthat helpz. Heresmy pic.

these kind of threads upset me. i had short hair my whole life, then i grew it from a 1 all around in september '08 and didnt touch it until late july. itwas about 7 1/2 inches long, but i got frustrated on a hot summer day an d buzzed it of spur of the moment....bad idea.

i had it short all winter and i shaved it with a 1 all around on January 5. so its been 2 months and im in a sloppy stage right now, i want to keep it goingthrough the summer but i dont know if i will...that will be the heart of the awkward stage, around 5-7 months. but if i make it too september ill be in theclear until next may...but thats a long way away

and 1 quick question to the guys with real long hair...what do you do with the side burn area? keep that growing to and just pull it all back or do you keepthat part trimmed low? i dont mind the hair up top being long but i cant stand having the burns looking messy.

*EDIT* after seeing the last couple of pics i take back the statement i made about this thread upsetting me...now im just motivated to let mine go.

Originally Posted by joshhassolex

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

man im tryna grow mine havent got a cut since december

i cant get a fro cause i got that mixed peoples $+!...hopefully i can get braid or dreads...even the most people claim I wont be able to cause my hair is 'too straight'

we'll see dr0 my hair looks kinda similar to yours can you braid/dread that ++!? how long it take to grow?
yo should be able to grow a fro and get braids/dreads

cuz i'm mixed too
idk maybe your mix is different
what you mixed with?
a person can have the same mixture & have totally different hair textures ..

anyway b smooth try to get it latched maybe your hair would lock up faster

Dang the last posters put my %%% to shame. I've just been growin for a year and two months now. I can shake my hangtime and put my #$@ in a pony tail.

been growing mine for about 5 months. I was gonna cut it on saturday, but i got off work to late, so I'm gonna keep it

Originally Posted by JJUVE

these kind of threads upset me. i had short hair my whole life, then i grew it from a 1 all around in september '08 and didnt touch it until late july. it was about 7 1/2 inches long, but i got frustrated on a hot summer day an d buzzed it of spur of the moment....bad idea.

i had it short all winter and i shaved it with a 1 all around on January 5. so its been 2 months and im in a sloppy stage right now, i want to keep it going through the summer but i dont know if i will...that will be the heart of the awkward stage, around 5-7 months. but if i make it too september ill be in the clear until next may...but thats a long way away

and 1 quick question to the guys with real long hair...what do you do with the side burn area? keep that growing to and just pull it all back or do you keep that part trimmed low? i dont mind the hair up top being long but i cant stand having the burns looking messy.

*EDIT* after seeing the last couple of pics i take back the statement i made about this thread upsetting me...now im just motivated to let mine go.

Well when i first started growing my hair.. i went through that " BUSTED STAGE " soo i looked a mess.. and i remember it being around the first dayof school lol. which was worst. Anyways .. it depends on you.. i used to fade the sides just a bit.. that wasnt such a good idea.. eventually my barber wouldjust keep making it lighter and lighter.. higher and higher.. til one day i realized i that i was actually getting a tape up with braids.. if that makes anysense.. anywayz. i didnt like that look.. i had toooo much hair missing on my sides.. heres how my sides used to look.. picz might be small sorry. Now my hair isfine.. but if u want.. just get a regular shape up.. but unfortunately ur gonna have to deal wit the fuzzy, messy sideburns until your able to get your hairbraided.. than your barber could just lighter the parts of your sideburns that couldnt get caught into the braid. Dont try it now. you just might get too muchof it cut off and look like mine did lol. Wait a few months lil buddy .. we all went through it

yeah just cause your mixed dont mean you can grow an afro. i'm black/white/indonessian my hair is kinda wavy, fairly thick, and grows 'straight'

what is latching?

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

yeah just cause your mixed dont mean you can grow an afro. i'm black/white/indonessian my hair is kinda wavy, fairly thick, and grows 'straight'

what is latching?
latcking

Back
Top Bottom