YO! Siblings as roommates?...

YO! My "sister" came by earlier talking about she needs to holla at me about something. I'm about 90% sure it's about moving in with me.
smh.gif

Ironic thing is, earlier today I was going to start a thread about living alone.
pimp.gif
But this chic ain't all that tidy... and I wouldn't even beconsidering this if I wasn't about to make some "hit or miss" moves. Things pan out, I'm not going to be needed her presence.

What's everybody's experiences with this?

DF!!!

Originally Posted by Can I Live

i slept in the same room with my sister for 18 years...

and i turned out ok...
son you always changing your age huh...

naw, but as long as you two respect each others space there shouldn't be a problem.

In the same room with a brother is one thing but with ur sister? thats kinda enh. But to the OP your quotes make it seem like this isnt ur biological sisterlike maybe ur moving in with a lady friend and hoping that moves into some "picnics at the park".

If that is the case I wouldnt do it, but if it really is your sister you have to its family. Just lay down the rules before she moves in that she gotta keepthe place clean or she out.

Well if the only reason is she's not tidy then that's not bad at all.
You have to lay down some ground rules and if she is responsible then I would
say go for it. Good luck!

If I would not move in with my sister, even though we get along great. If I had a brother maybe.

If there is mutual respect and rules in place that you know will be followed then I say go for it.

Originally Posted by Can I Live

i slept in the same room with my sister for 18 years...

and i turned out ok...

1.your 15
2.how you have an iphone but cant get your own room?
roll.gif

I didn't wanna live with those suckers when I HAD to, #%%$ willingly choosing to have them live with me..no no no..that's a felony charge waiting tohappen

I don't think I could do it.

Me and my brother get along when we don't see each other often. When we are around each other a lot, conflict arises and often arguments and evenfistfighting occurs.
laugh.gif

So it's a nay from me.

i was wondering the same thing the other day. my brother is buying a house soon and said i could move in if i wanted, aka, he wants roomates to help with themortgage. Hes 26 and im 22 and we do hang out a lot, so i dont see that to be a problem. the only thing im worried about is how he may feel about his"baby" sister having guys over and such.

if you guys get along though, i dont see the problem in it.

YO!
But to the OP your quotes make it seem like this isnt ur biological sister like maybe ur moving in with a lady friend and hoping that moves into some "picnics at the park".
Naw, g. Step-sister.
I guess if you're comfortable with hearing your sis getting smashed then it should be ok.
indifferent.gif

But I'm more concerned with what ground rules to lay down. I've been here solo dolo for like 3 or 4 years. And this broad be into that clubjive. I ain't with that coming in at 3 or 4, and staying up another hour eating Taco Bell watching HBO.
smh.gif

DF!!!

Then don't do it, cause trust me the first couple of weeks shell come in early, go to bed early..once she gets comfortable it'll be 4am phone calls andeating on the couch..

after high school, i moved in with my older brother (9 yrs older than me)

worked out fine. lived with him for 4 years, then moved out.

good experience. no real problems at all.

Hell no. Cousin? Yerr. Homie? Depends. S/o? If they're responsible. Brother/Sister? uh uh.

I mean I know it's family but I'd say no unless they ain't have anywhere else to go. You'll soon start to see how they think they can get awaywith !*@! they wouldn't be able to otherwise. If they're paying rent, expect that to be late, if payed at all. "Come on, we family, I got you nextweek!" Expect to start seein' their bum !#@ friends come around, and expect them not to buy food and eat all of yours
smh.gif

Don't do it.

Back
Top Bottom