Yo who remembers when Napster first came out? Vol. Jits stay out

napster was the joint cuz thats when free music downloads first started... and not only that but you can find pretty much anything on napster... only thing badwas the actual downloads...your right 56K FTL
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DRETHEMAN

Yo.. when napster first came out.. cats were still on dial ups.. took like 30 minutes to download one song...
hell yea
smh.gif

dial up was a *)_$#
laugh.gif

When napster and audio galaxy came out my people copped a new Dell computer with 1.3 ghz and roadrunner my cd hustle was at a all time high in middle school.

the dial up and netzero combo FTL, it took forever to download a song.

40 hours a month FTLx134156310

good times tho
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Sp Raised

When napster and audio galaxy came out my people copped a new Dell computer with 1.3 ghz and roadrunner my cd hustle was at a all time high in middle school.

Dude said middle school wow.
AG was my freshman year of college.
Had Blueprint early!

before napster were the days of getting mp3s and etc. from aol's warez rooms.

those were the days.

One of the worst inventions of all time. Napster and it's derivatives were the catalyst in diluting the artistry in all types of music, but morespecifically hip-hop. And the music that hasn't succumbed to that influence just gets stolen from the internet anyway. I hate it, as convenient as it is.It's the "devil" as they say. Yeah, the temptation is strong and it always feels great to get something from nothing, but pretty soon there willbe no musicians left because the music "business" will no longer be lucrative enough to survive in.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by DRETHEMAN

Yo.. when napster first came out.. cats were still on dial ups.. took like 30 minutes to download one song...

If someone called, you were straight "
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
" status
. Until I learned know to bypass the phone calls to the answer machine
pimp.gif
roll.gif
hell ya

I thought I was doing it when my boy burned me Mobb Deep Murda Muzik, Dr Dre 2001, & Jay-Z Vol. 3.

I carried them all in this ill little case I got at the dollar store.

I remember this rich kid in school $#!%'ed on us hard when he came to school with the Sony Minidisc...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

00693951.jpg

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

Remember how quick people deleted napster after that first case. hahaha Dudes was shook.
I remember my mother spazzing on me when she got a piracy letter from cablevision..cut the internet off for a month...it was horrible
laugh.gif

destroyed 2 pc's d/l offa these bum $%% programs...caught the cyber monster
laugh.gif
...ODthirst for po'rn and being unaware of anti virus programs ftl
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

I thought I was doing it when my boy burned me Mobb Deep Murda Muzik, Dr Dre 2001, & Jay-Z Vol. 3.

I carried them all in this ill little case I got at the dollar store.

I remember this rich kid in school $#!%'ed on us hard when he came to school with the Sony Minidisc...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

00693951.jpg

i had one back in 02-03....thought i was doin it too!!

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by DMan14

Originally Posted by doosta45

what sucked too, was i thought id be slick and download at night. no phone calls, nobody trying to get on the computer, etc. come morning, that joint was like at 25%. i was going to school super heated.

it was on once we got dsl. i thought i was really doing it, downloading 10 songs at a time
laugh.gif
i downloaded damn near 1k+ songs in a week. i was downloading just to download at that point. thats when my cd hustle was at its peak
yea, i remember there was this rich kid in school and his parents got him dsl (when it still cost a grip). dude got on his hustle and i remember paying 5 bucks for cds. i still got his copy of dmx - its dark and hell is hot cd with the photocopy cd cover and all
laugh.gif

Helll yea
laugh.gif

man....7th-9th grade i had the bootleg game on lock!!!

I OD'ed pr0n thanks to Kazaa and WinMx!

IT TOOK 4 MINUTES FOR A SONG

I REMEMBER PERFECT

I TOLD MY MOMS WE SHALL NEVER HAVE TO BUY CD'S NEVER AGAIN

I THINK MY FIRST SONG DOWNLOADED

WAS JAY-Z - BIG PIMPIN

Back
Top Bottom