You don't feel strongly about abortion until it hits you close to home... damn

Alright NT, I know this isn't my blog, but I just need to vent.

It's 3 am and I've been drinking quite a bit. I learned today that my17-year-old sister recently miscarried a baby that she had beencarrying for 2 months... I never knew of any of this until today. I hadbeen wondering why I hadn't heard from her in a while.

Anyways, I'm off at college and she calls me today to tell me aboutthis. It's her senior year, and her boyfriend got her pregnant througha broken condom. Besides the terrible images racing through my head,all I could think of was "you better have taken care of this." She thensays that she miscarried naturally. I gave a "whew" breath of relief,and asked her what mom and dad thought... after all, my mom is alifetime Catholic that goes to church every Saturday night. Turns out,my parents had my sister scheduled for a rhymes-with-shmsmortion (wordto Knocked Up) on Saturday. So much for the whole Catholic thing.

I can't tell you how glad I am that this is over and it went down theway it did. Getting pregnant as a teen happens, it happened to a friendof mine her sophomore year. It basically ruined her life and I saw itfirsthand. I saw it again with a college friend that was forced to dropout and care for his child, quitting the b-ball team and postponing hiscareer dreams perhaps forever. The child my sister would have had wouldnot be raised in a good or quality way, and so it is probably betterthat things happened like this.

Yeah, I go to a Catholic college and the pro-life church girls preachat me about their views... but really? How many of them have reallybeen in this spot? Looking your pregnancy test in the face and gettingthe worst kind of result? I bet their views would switch quickly andquietly. My sister's ******ed friends were mad that she miscarried, Imean sure, I guess they wanted to play with a baby for a few monthsbefore college.
eyes.gif

My sister feels bad that she was even considering the A-bomb. I toldher don't worry, I'd make the same decision 10 out of 10 times if I wasa senior in high school. Basically NT, what I'm saying is that I neverstood real strongly one way or the other concerning the issue... butnow I'm firm. These girls make mistakes, and they don't deserve to livea reduced and depressing life just because of a small error. We wereall smashing in high school and it could have happened to any of us...now I know where I stand. Good night.

Pro choice chiming in...

People are quick to hate on abortion when they're viewing from a looking glass without any perspective on the complexity and adversity in people's lives. Drives me crazy how people think they can make decisions like these for you without knowing a damned thing about you and your situation.

Your sister needs to be more careful. I don't buy the story that her condom broke.

MAYBE this situation will stop your sister from smashin so much. everything happens for a reason. just sayin

Originally Posted by bijald0331

!$$ happened to my response?

Mods probably deleted it because it was a stupid post... not to mention inappropriate for a thread like this.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by bijald0331

!$$ happened to my response?

Mods probably deleted it because it was a stupid post... not to mention inappropriate for a thread like this.
But it wasn't stupid. I actually had an opinion. w/e.

Pro choice chiming in...

People are quick to hate on abortion when they're viewing from a looking glass without any perspective on the complexity and adversity in people's lives. Drives me crazy how people think they can make decisions like these for you without knowing a damned thing about you and your situation.

Your sister needs to be more careful. I don't buy the story that her condom broke.

it happens dude....

Originally Posted by JoRdAn fEtIsH

Pro choice chiming in...

it happens dude....
yeah thats why she shouldnt be getting smashed unless she is on the pill

I understand where you're coming from OP. As bad as it sounds I know you only want what's best for her and sadly the miscarriage maybe best in the long run. If you can go home this weekend and check on her. It's not easy for a woman to lose a baby at any age. Talk to her and educate her so this doesn't happen again when she gets to college.

I understand where you're coming from OP when I told my Catholic grandmother I was pregnant the first thing she said was to get an abortion I was shocked

Pro choice chiming in...

I agree. I don't think anybody should have an opinion one way or the other until they're directly involved and affected. Which is why I don't have an opinion one way or the other.

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

I understand where you're coming from OP when I told my Catholic grandmother I was pregnant the first thing she said was to get an abortion I was shocked
eek.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]  This is the LONGEST response I've ever seen you post on NT (usually it's a one word post or quoting someone..basically nothing of value).[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Second thing: Why are some of you surprised religious people are siding with abortion? [/color]
laugh.gif

badmoonRison wrote:

I saw it again with a college friend that was forced to drop out and care for his child, quitting the b-ball team and postponing his career dreams perhaps forever.

Can't say I agree with the kid ruining his life. It seems to me he just isn't willing to work hard enough. I'm a junior at the university of maryland and my son was born in december. I work full time and since he was born I go to school part time.

But in the fall when he is a little bit older I'm going back to school full time while working full time. All in all having a son just slowed me down by about 1 semester to a semester and a half, which is fine with me because I love my son.

The point is having a child when your a man is completely different than when if you were a woman. For a woman it is understandable if she needs to take time off because she needs to recover. But for a man we don't need to recover from anything so there is no reason we shouldn't be able to accomplish our goals even if we have a baby. Even then my wife went right back to school this spring semester 1 month after my son was born.

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

eek.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]  This is the LONGEST response I've ever seen you post on NT (usually it's a one word post or quoting someone..basically nothing of value).[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Second thing: Why are some of you surprised religious people are siding with abortion? [/color]
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Laziness ftl

just dont let it become an potential "backup" for other "mistakes". she really needs to learn from that... will she? Having a child certainly would

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Condom broke? You believed her?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
. i don't condone abortions, but if it's something you have to do then you have to do it.  i mean when you think about it an abortion isn't as bad as some girls that will get rid of the baby by throwing it in a dumpster, punching themselves in the stomach, continuing to drink and smoke, getting pushed down stairs, ect...

My thing is the "religous" people instantly go abortion when they need it...I could not hate religous-types any more...I am at MAX-HATE levels.

If you want to go and protest abortion clinics and tell women how to run their lives and take their freedom to choose away, why don't you adopt one of these children that you want to give the chance to live???? Oh, you don't want any kids? Then kick rocks.

Women choose. PRO-Choice.

I have 4 kids and can not wait until they get a little older to adopt a child. EDIT:  i have no clue what this last statment has to do with the topic.  =)

Pro choice chiming in...

it happens dude....

Shouldn't the spermicide kill everything?

Originally Posted by toast1985

Pro choice chiming in...

it happens dude....

Shouldn't the spermicide kill everything?
Nothing is 100%, and thinking it is is how some people end up pregnant.  Only one sperm  fertilizes the egg, even though it's a bit more complicated than that (it's why men with low sperm count have fertility issues)

if the condom really broke, there is such thing as the Plan B pill(morning after pill)......

Trust me, I bought enough of it to be a stockholder....yet Im 21, without a child

She claims that she was on birth control but went off of it because it made her depressed and anxious.

You typed all of that while being tipsy? Damn, kudos to you.

But yeah, why is it a surprise that religious people sides with having an abortion? If it's necessary, go for it - like in OP's case.

Back
Top Bottom