You ever feel no emotion when a family member died?

D

Deleted member 87369

Today my uncle passed away and I feel no emotion about it. It came as a surprise but nothing more. I've felt this same way before during the deaths of other family members but I think it could just be the fact that we were not very close. Ya'll know my feelz bros?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're not really close to the person (for whatever reason), then it's perfectly natural to not really feel much emotion. I've yet to experience a death in my family that hit me really close. Also, if it's a situation where death is a long time coming, it can be more of a relief than anything else (and for everyone involved).

Great grandparents. Didn't even remember them, shed not a single tear... Really wanted to go home.

Cousin that got popped in a driveby.. Didn't shed a single tear... Really wanted to go home.

Some more, but when someone dies im the "enjoy the time we spent together" type instead of the one going, "OH LORD JEEZUS WHY?!" and collapsing.

But when pops, my brother, or my grandparents pass.. Best believe tears will be streaming and I'll be wishing we could trade places.

Edit: Might just pop myself when pops dies. Couldn't even imagine life without him.

Last edited:
Ya when my great grandma (dad's side) passed I didn't feel anything until I saw her in the casket. Just recently my other great grandma passed and I don't feel anything at all and I'm not even going to the funeral.

No one in my family has died really, besides my grandma, which I barely knew as I was really small. 

No one close to me has ever died that was close to me. Only people that died were great grandparents and I didn't know them so it didn't affect me.

Yeah, it was probably because I let out my emotions a few days before my family member passed. I was with her in the hospital almost everyday for months and it wore me down emotionally. I cried the day she passed away but didn't have anything left for the wake and funeral. I was numb and didn't cry.

Not yet but I know when my father does i wont care. Raised by moms only so thats why i wouldnt care

Losing someone you love is quite possibly the worst feeling you could ever experience.

Enjoy your family man. Cherish them. :frown:

Last edited:
Not really though when my grandfather died I was relived. The man was fading. Glad he died calmly in his bed if anything

Had an Uncle died a few weeks ago.

Had no idea who he was, never seen or met or heard of him.

I kind of shrugged it off like "oh...."

I lost my father 2 years ago this Friday.....nothing will ever fill this void in my heart. Always cherish your loved ones

3 of my homies got killed while I was in high school on different occasions and I shed tears all 3 times............when my great grandma died after all those 3 passed away I didn't shed a tear, even when I saw her in her casket. I actually went up to the casket, kissed her on the cheek then walked back to my seat, no tear was shed, just had that emotional pain in the back of my throat like when you're in critical/sad situations, yall know that feel. But The reason I didn't cry is because she lived a full life and she enjoyed it, I can't be sad about her leaving since it wasbound to happen sooner or later anyways, thats life. The reason I cried when my homies died is because they all had potential to be something great in life but it ended too short for em. Don't take life for granted brahz

My family lives overseas. I have had several cousins pass away that I have never met before. Even my grandparents on both sides, I only met them once each. When they passed away the only emotion I felt was sympathy for my parents

When my aunt and uncle died. I feel sad that my cousins are ******g up they life though ever since she died and christmas just isn't the same at my uncles house that died.

I have no clue whether or not I will cry when someone I know close dies.

3 of my homies got killed while I was in high school on different occasions and I shed tears all 3 times............when my great grandma died after all those 3 passed away I didn't shed a tear, even when I saw her in her casket. I actually went up to the casket, kissed her on the cheek then walked back to my seat, no tear was shed, just had that emotional pain in the back of my throat like when you're in critical/sad situations, yall know that feel. But The reason I didn't cry is because she lived a full life and she enjoyed it, I can't be sad about her leaving since it wasbound to happen sooner or later anyways, thats life. The reason I cried when my homies died is because they all had potential to be something great in life but it ended too short for em. Don't take life for granted brahz

I feel like this is gonna happen to me when my grandparents die.

Last edited:
I lost my father 2 years ago this Friday.....nothing will ever fill this void in my heart. Always cherish your loved ones
Couldn't even imagine man.. Hopefully I don't get to know those feels for a very long time.

Raised by a single dad (he had hella mistresses though
laugh.gif
) so when he goes its like my moms and pops faded at the same time.

Would rather die with him then live without him.

My grandmother pretty much raised me for 14 years while my mom worked to pay the bills. When she passed back in '07, I just felt empty. Shed maybe 5 tears at most during the funeral.

One of my closest cousins passed last year from a motorcycle accident. Couldn't bring any tears to the surface.

I guess I've come to terms with death just being a part of life. I pretty much remember the time I spent with the person who passed and enjoy that nostalgia for a day or two.

All of this buried emotion will probably only ever surface if my mom or one of my 3-4 closest friends passed. Pops might get an few tears, but I honestly think I have made more negative memories with him than positive, so who knows.

Cousin died. Shoulder shrugs.
Grandmother died. Shoulder shrugs & a smirk.

Last edited:
Its like when you left you took the lord witcha, why Couldn't I go when he came to getcha, damn I really miss ya.. Dmx. realist song ever lost my grand father November 14th 2010 & I haven't felt more alone in life since he's gone I really don't want to do anything .... i miss him

Last edited:
my grandmother passed a few months back and i didnt cry. i mean i miss her but im glad she passed on her own terms because she had stage 4 cancer and was probably headed for a hospice care if she had lived any longer, which was not what she wanted.

Back
Top Bottom