Young life crisis: I want to work with the internet

Last night I decided I'm tired of just gambling on sports/poker daily. I quit school to do this and right now, I don't want to do it anymore. At least, I want to take a break from it...
So, for awhile I've been interested on working with the internet. I'd like to be able to design web pages, write script, all of that...I just happen to be a noob when it comes to all of it (in terms of the "terms", what type of careers you can get out of it, what exactly to focus on, etc)

I'm pretty skilled with computers as my brother was deep into them way back in the early 90s...so it's something I've had a passion/interest in, whereas nothing else really interests me

Anyone out there know what type of careers/schools I should be looking into pursuing based on everything above? Is anyone doing something similar with the internet/web? I'm honestly ready to pack up my car and move anywhere in the country/world and start over. NT is the family I've never had, so I know I can ask this here and more than likely get some good advice,

Thanks 
glasses.gif

Last night I decided I'm tired of just gambling on sports/poker daily. I quit school to do this and right now, I don't want to do it anymore. At least, I want to take a break from it...
So, for awhile I've been interested on working with the internet. I'd like to be able to design web pages, write script, all of that...I just happen to be a noob when it comes to all of it (in terms of the "terms", what type of careers you can get out of it, what exactly to focus on, etc)

I'm pretty skilled with computers as my brother was deep into them way back in the early 90s...so it's something I've had a passion/interest in, whereas nothing else really interests me

Anyone out there know what type of careers/schools I should be looking into pursuing based on everything above? Is anyone doing something similar with the internet/web? I'm honestly ready to pack up my car and move anywhere in the country/world and start over. NT is the family I've never had, so I know I can ask this here and more than likely get some good advice,

Thanks 
glasses.gif

Get some certifications if you really dont want to go back to a traditional 4-year uni.

Get some A+/NET+ certifications so you can work at a computer repair shops for minimum and work your way up, there will be ceilings because you don't have a Bachelors

C++/JAVA certs are for programming software/coding

A GOOD web developer/designer is in demand but you have to market your ability and you have to be good. Just because you read HTML for dummies does not make you knowledgeable.

I suggest you get a degree in Computer science or engineering, if this is your true passion, you will not be afraid of the courseload. In hindsight I should have stuck to this major than graduating with a crappy business degree, feelsbadman.

Get some certifications if you really dont want to go back to a traditional 4-year uni.

Get some A+/NET+ certifications so you can work at a computer repair shops for minimum and work your way up, there will be ceilings because you don't have a Bachelors

C++/JAVA certs are for programming software/coding

A GOOD web developer/designer is in demand but you have to market your ability and you have to be good. Just because you read HTML for dummies does not make you knowledgeable.

I suggest you get a degree in Computer science or engineering, if this is your true passion, you will not be afraid of the courseload. In hindsight I should have stuck to this major than graduating with a crappy business degree, feelsbadman.

"The 4 Hour Work Week" by Tim Ferris
"The Art of Non-Conformity" by Chris Guilbeau

Those books are right up your ally it seems. Check 'em out.

"The 4 Hour Work Week" by Tim Ferris
"The Art of Non-Conformity" by Chris Guilbeau

Those books are right up your ally it seems. Check 'em out.

Back
Top Bottom